Do you go through withdrawal?

Dan-0

From football, that is!

I am a college football fanatic. My Dad was a HS coach and I was raised on a football field. Of course AU football is first, but I love it all, I will watch almost any college game on TV, even some of those Tuesday night, Akron vs. Toledo type games they show on ESPN!

So, needless to say, I am go through major withdrawal this time of year when football season ends. What the heck to we do with our Saturdays, which have been reserved for football since August? I try to get into AU basketball. Believe me, I try. I really got into it last year during the tournament but I really find it hard to get into until March.

How do you get through the withdrawal? 😊

That first Saturday without college ball at the end of the season is rough.

I wish that I was a bigger basketball fan to help fill the void, but I'm just not very into it until March Madness.

Thankfully hockey is heating up and racing is just around the corner.

26 minutes ago, alexava said:

Start duck hunting 

I have seriously thought I need to do that, when is the season?

Yep. I played baseball. Hate watching baseball. My dad was a top flight amateur golfer and I caddied and learned from him. I hate watching golf. I was a competitive swimmer. No swimming to watch. Pro BB and FB and Hockey ---- zzzzzzz.

I watch and enjoy college BB until the tournament is over. Then I find other things to do.Work in the yard. Go hiking in the mountains. Binge watch a couple of TV programs.

But I have some professional/socially relevant activities I contribute to, and a couple of online projects and discussion groups (not sports related) that I actively participate in.

Frankly, for me, there is a lot more to life than sports. I will not speak for others, but I suspect I am not the only one who has interests beyond sports.

On 1/26/2020 at 9:06 PM, AURex said:

Yep. I played baseball. Hate watching baseball. My dad was a top flight amateur golfer and I caddied and learned from him. I hate watching golf. I was a competitive swimmer. No swimming to watch. Pro BB and FB and Hockey ---- zzzzzzz.

I watch and enjoy college BB until the tournament is over. Then I find other things to do.Work in the yard. Go hiking in the mountains. Binge watch a couple of TV programs.

But I have some professional/socially relevant activities I contribute to, and a couple of online projects and discussion groups (not sports related) that I actively participate in.

Frankly, for me, there is a lot more to life than sports. I will not speak for others, but I suspect I am not the only one who has interests beyond sports.

Good man

Love football Saturdays. The wife doesn't look at me sideways for buying fried chicken or having a beer at 11:00  in the morning. Try not to let her know when it is over and usually takes her a few weeks to figure it out. 

On 1/24/2020 at 12:27 PM, StPeteTiger said:

That first Saturday without college ball at the end of the season is rough.

I wish that I was a bigger basketball fan to help fill the void, but I'm just not very into it until March Madness.

Thankfully hockey is heating up and racing is just around the corner.

NASCAR fan? 🤠

I love it. Camped in infield at Dega a few times, and been to Texas MS a few times. Wish there were more in a closer proximity to me, but not much you can do in South Louisiana. LOL 

Archived