Men vs Iowa State Game Thread

Maverick.AU

Okoro did a great job on their first round NBA pick Haliburton. Held him to 12 points. 

Bolton had 23 points but on 6 for 19 shooting.

Iowa State is Def better than their record. Good offensive team that smoked bama. They will get some upsets in big 12 play at home and should make the NIT.

This game reminded me very much of the vandy game.

We played really well for 36 minutes. Love love looooveeee!!!! Getting teaching moments and a lot of things to learn in a win instead of a loss.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

Purifoy and his decision making almost made this thing a one possession game. WTH taking a 3 with 18 left on the shot clock?. Low IQ play to play hero ball right there. That was my scream at the tv play....Lack of offensive rebounds hurt,too

Yeah Purifoy doesnt seem to be able to handle situations that require quick thinking very easily. He had a pretty good game overall though. Played good defense, hit some shots, and got a few rebounds.  But if the play requires quick finesse close to the basket or a quick decision you can kinda forget it...

They out rebounded us which is the most shocking stat (45-39) and we made 10 threes and they made 7. Another thing that suprised me. We only made one three after halftime. But we only took 8 threes total in the second half after shooting 20 and making 9 in the first half.

16 of 24 of the line. Iowa State was 19 of 23. 

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Okoro did a great job on their first round NBA pick Haliburton. Held him to 12 points. 

Bolton had 23 points but on 6 for 19 shooting.

Iowa State is Def better than their record. Good offensive team that smoked bama. They will get some upsets in big 12 play at home and should make the NIT.

This game reminded me very much of the vandy game.

We played really well for 36 minutes. Love love looooveeee!!!! Getting teaching moments and a lot of things to learn in a win instead of a loss.

McClemore has a great day as well!

5 minutes ago, BHDAU1 said:

Played good defense, hit some shots, and got a few rebounds.

Still wondering where the DP from a couple years ago went.  Just seems to have lost his shooting eye and touch.   I expected him to be a major offensive factor for us this season....but just not happening. 

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

McClemore has a great day as well!

He def had a great first half!!! En Fuego!!! Had a couple of impressive defensive plays in the second half.

Huuuuge bounce back game from Samir!!! 18 points. Non conference samir is really a thing!!! Lol he was very impressive in our 2 Marquee non conference home games vs NC State and Iowa State. He just needs to freaking do this in conference man!!!!

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

They out rebounded us which is the most shocking stat (45-39) and we made 10 threes and they made 7. Another thing that suprised me. We only made one three after halftime. But we only took 8 threes total in the second half after shooting 20 and making 9 in the first half.

16 of 24 of the line. Iowa State was 19 of 23. 

We were out rebounding them by 6 in the second half.  Shows you how much they dominated the boards to end the game

Perfect game, imo.  Outplayed them for 95% of the game and screwed up enough for BRUCE to have things to yell about in practice.

17-2.  WDE.

14 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Still wondering where the DP from a couple years ago went.  Just seems to have lost his shooting eye and touch.   I expected him to be a major offensive factor for us this season....but just not happening. 

I was expecting the same thing. Surely this would be the year he breaks out as a leader and average 15 to 16 a game.  I guess it just isnt in the cards.  He is too streaky when he shoots and he panics if he is too close to the rim.  With that said, he plays solid defense and gets his share of rebounds. We will prob continue to get a random big game from him from here on out but not a consistent offensive threat.   

Wiley drives me up the wall with his offensive game, but I hate to see him go to the bench because this team is not the same on the defensive and rebounding end without him on the floor. Compare ISU offensive/rebounding numbers when he was in the game to when he was not. Really a little shocking. If AW would just not bring the ball down, his offensive miscues would be cut 50%. Mac hit some big shots today, but he gave up some,too. I love Halliburtons game, and having seen him play several times this season, he gives the impression of being a great kid

We going to have to do something to get samir to be better offensively. Need to have a rhythm by the end of February

4 hours ago, BHDAU1 said:

Terrible last 5 mins.  Wiley was not a help today. We were a much better team with Mac in there.  I bet we were negative 15 or 20 while he was on the floor.  I really want to love him but my gosh, I've never seen someone so resistant to go up strong when he has the ball and quit getting stripped by bringing the ball down.  Also, how many times do we have to watch whoever is defending him get the pass inside rather than him?  It's a 50/50 shot at best if he will actually get the pass. Enough about that. The team had a good start to both halves and played well overall up until the last 5 mins or so.  Okoro and Mac had great games.  I thought Mac should have been in there at the end of the game. 

...Not sure we were watching the same game. Thought, Wiley was way better than Mac on defense and rebounds. That's what Wiley does. He's never going to be the offensive threat with the guards that we have. And you'll be surprised at the plus/minus. Wiley was a +6 while Mac was a -3. So many people love hating on Wiley but he's one of the most important pieces on this team.

21 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Also, the game thread had to be weird without myself and @Maverick.AU . These early morning Saturday games don't work great for me and my work schedule.

I was at work watching on my phone propped up on the register. Definitely a customer service no-no, but whatever.

13 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I was at work watching on my phone propped up on the register. Definitely a customer service no-no, but whatever.

I watched the game when I was stuck at redlights. lol

Archived