Men @ Kentucky Game Thread

Maverick.AU

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Just saying the reffing has been objectively bad even if he's gotten an advantage out of it. He at least acknowledged how they blew the no call on Anfernee's shot at the end of the half 

Now, I'll agree with most of that, but he should be getting the addresses of the officials to add them to his Christmas card list, because he's certainly got the benefit of nearly every close call.

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Respect to Cal for his comments at half about the reffing

I interpreted Cal as being an ahole saying that Auburn was playing too rough. Actually UK would be getting pounded if the refs had not started calling ticky-tack fouls on us. Once they got us in foul trouble we had to play softer defense and they were able to drive. UK will get the blue blood calls. We have to be ready for it.

6 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Idk if we would’ve pulled away, I like to hope we could have lol. But up 9. Ticky tack fouls, especially the Wiley one. Just completely deflated our momentum

I think the fouls on McCormick and Wiley really took our momentum. Especially the phantom second one on Wiley. Both fouls on McCormick were ticky tack.

2 minutes ago, Grumps said:

I interpreted Cal as being an ahole saying that Auburn was playing too rough. Actually UK would be getting pounded if the refs had not started calling ticky-tack fouls on us. Once they got us in foul trouble we had to play softer defense and they were able to drive. UK will get the blue blood calls. We have to be ready for it.

That's how I took it as well. I don't think he was saying the last shot should have been an and 1.

3 minutes ago, Grumps said:

That's how I read his comments as well. " We're Kentucky, how dare they let Auburn play physical basketball against us on our own floor."

Easier said than done, but 2nd half, defensively we need to shut down the lane. UK is being super aggressive driving the paint like crazy. If that means more zone or soft man to man to limit fouls, so be it. We tried a little zone but our bench players are very inexperienced. They got out of position too easily. You have to be disciplined to play zone effectively.

8 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Cal was just mad because the refs waited 5-6 mins into the game before they instigated his plan for him.

Just now, Tigerpro2a said:

I took it as a jab at AU as well. Like Cal being the Whiny _____ he is.

Cal takes some heat, deservedly so, but he's a hoot sometimes. I take his reference to our physical play as a sign of respect.

Offensively, I'd like to see us attack the paint. That's our bread and butter. The 3s are great, but still....

Archived