Cam to the Patriots

jared52

34 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

But ... now I have to actually sort of root for the Patriots?

Exactly i hate this. Hes gonna have the fans complaining...”this is who replaces Tom?” I can hear it now.

19 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Exactly i hate this. Hes gonna have the fans complaining...”this is who replaces Tom?” I can hear it now.

Oh definitely, it's already happening on Twitter and on the Patriots forum. As much as I dislike the Patriots, I'm always a Cam fan before everything so I'm hoping (if the season actually happens) that he shuts up all the haters.

28 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Giving him a one year deal like he’s some scrub.. man..

How so? He has to prove he is healthy and still capable. If he does, he will be set for a long, long time. 

14 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Oh definitely, it's already happening on Twitter and on the Patriots forum. As much as I dislike the Patriots, I'm always a Cam fan before everything so I'm hoping (if the season actually happens) that he shuts up all the haters.

I don’t really get this. He’s insurance at worst and a viable replacement for Brady at best. Were they pumped about Stidham or something? Or is there a better available QB?

15 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I don’t really get this. He’s insurance at worst and a viable replacement for Brady at best. Were they pumped about Stidham or something? Or is there a better available QB?

Nah, most of it is: "Cam dresses weirdly" "Cam didn't jump on a fumble" "Cam has an ego" "Cam has never been good". I honestly don't see Stidham beating out Newton.

This could give Stidham another year to grow. I have to think Cam wins the start week 1, but if not then he can be there if Stids struggles.  I think best case is Cam starts, dominates again, and leaves for a long term deal next year.  Stidham takes over then.  But who knows, Patriots would probably move up and draft Lawrence next year. 

57 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Nah, most of it is: "Cam dresses weirdly" "Cam didn't jump on a fumble" "Cam has an ego" "Cam has never been good". I honestly don't see Stidham beating out Newton.

wHy Is HiS hAiR LiKe ThAT

27 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Good for Cam. It’ll probably be nice playing for an organization that protects their QB. 

Curious to see what he does with time and Josh McDaniels. 

2 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Good for Cam. It’ll probably be nice playing for an organization that protects their QB. 

Exactly. First time in his NFL career he will have a really good Offensive line. Has not played behind a good one since 2010 Auburn!!! haha. Not worried about the booty WR's besides Edelman. His WRs were even worse in his MVP year for the Panthers. Sucks the Pats do not have a Greg Olsen like awesome TE anymore though. 

4 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Giving him a one year deal like he’s some scrub.. man..

Pats do not have any cap space to give. That is the main reason why. It is a heavy heavy incentive based contract. That is all they could do under their current cap situation.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Pats do not have any cap space to give. That is the main reason why. It is a heavy heavy incentive based contract. That is all they could do under their current cap situation.

I honestly would not be surprised if this dealwas told to Cam up front in their initial talks, but allowed Cam to try to get a good deal elsewhere.  Pats likely knew he would have to take a minimum deal. All of their actions this offseason seemed to have an Ace up their sleeve. And it worked. 

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I love Cam , I also wish he didn’t dress like a gay pimp. But I don’t see how Patriots are not feeling like they got a ringer here. It could be a really, really good fit. And even with Cam’s injuries.......Bridgwater ain’t no Cam. Wasn’t cheap either. Only time will tell but I think the Pats are much better off than Carolina. Cam is better off, minus the $....

Archived