‘It was like being preyed upon’: Portland protesters say federal officers in unmarked vans are detaining them

homersapien

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I didn't advocate for allowing it. At all. ?

And by all means, arrest them and investigate. But why is it okay to publicly state what group they belong to without actually knowing? I know that you've been keeping up with all this and that "antifa" has commonly and erroneously been applied to bad actors belonging to groups with very different and even opposite aims than the protesters with whom that term is most commonly associated. 

What if these crimes were just immediately and publicly blamed on "alexava's family" and then they "got them in chains and investigated"? You good with that? 

That makes no sense. Antifa is not an organization that cares about what anyone thinks of them. It’s not even an organization. There are human beings committing violence in large mobs. I have not seen anything positive about antifa by anyone. Even liberals. I have no knowledge of anyone claiming to be antifa that defends himself as a peace seeking or wanting a reasonable discussion. I see a video of anarchists. Some “media” are calling them antifa. Antifa says nothing  Yet you seem to be defending antifa? 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also don’t know how governors and mayors are seeing this madness go on for weeks and now blaming the feds for federal agents for assisting. Backing off is not working.  If it’s white supremisist let’s find out. Then we can all apologize to antifa. 

Just now, alexava said:

That makes no sense. Antifa is not an organization that cares about what anyone thinks of them. It’s not even an organization. There are human beings committing violence in large mobs. I have not seen anything positive about antifa by anyone. Even liberals. I have no knowledge of anyone claiming to be antifa that defends himself as a peace seeking or wanting a reasonable discussion. I see a video of anarchists. Some “media” are calling them antifa. Antifa says nothing  Yet you seem to be defending antifa? 

Well, yes, I absolutely defend the idea of being anti-fascist. Because you're right, that's what antifa means. It's not an organization. We agree on that.

The problem is that "antifa" has became this lazy, catch-all term that is more closely associated with left-wing idealists than it is with alt-right terrorists. You can see it even in the conversations on this site. So when some cop claims that "antifa" did something, a lot of people don't differentiate between the bad actor rioters and the people who are actually there to protest something, or their liberal neighbor. It inaccurately displaces blame. 

5 minutes ago, alexava said:

I also don’t know how governors and mayors are seeing this madness go on for weeks and now blaming the feds for federal agents for assisting. Backing off is not working.  If it’s white supremisist let’s find out. Then we can all apologize to antifa. 

Huh. So you're sticking with "blame one group first, then ask questions". Not sure how you think that's going to make things better.

And the federal agents aren't assisting jack s*** and if you can't see it for the obvious political stunt that it is- it's being discussed ad nauseam this week- then I don't know what to tell you. 

19 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am trying to help you here.

Help yourself first fidy. I'm worried about you. Piece Peace ;)

48 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Well, yes, I absolutely defend the idea of being anti-fascist. Because you're right, that's what antifa means. It's not an organization. We agree on that.

The problem is that "antifa" has became this lazy, catch-all term that is more closely associated with left-wing idealists than it is with alt-right terrorists. You can see it even in the conversations on this site. So when some cop claims that "antifa" did something, a lot of people don't differentiate between the bad actor rioters and the people who are actually there to protest something, or their liberal neighbor. It inaccurately displaces blame. 

Huh. So you're sticking with "blame one group first, then ask questions". Not sure how you think that's going to make things better.

And the federal agents aren't assisting jack s*** and if you can't see it for the obvious political stunt that it is- it's being discussed ad nauseam this week- then I don't know what to tell you. 

Ok I’ll say it. there are some very “ fine people “ on the side of those jackasses who are throwing s*** at police and stabbing them with sharpened pipes. they don’t need any federal assistance. They have it all under complete control. Chicago is a fine city. They don’t even need police. 
    My point is I don’t care what you refer to the trouble makers as. The cops are losing the battle. I have no problem with 150 agents coming in to assist. I mean damn we sent 15 federal agents to a nascar track to investigate a ******* door pull. 

6 minutes ago, alexava said:

Ok I’ll say it. there are some very “ fine people “ on the side of those jackasses who are throwing s*** at police and stabbing them with sharpened pipes. they don’t need any federal assistance. They have it all under complete control. Chicago is a fine city. They don’t even need police. 
    My point is I don’t care what you refer to the trouble makers as. The cops are losing the battle. I have no problem with 150 agents coming in to assist. I mean damn we sent 15 federal agents to a nascar track to investigate a ******* door pull. 

I'm pretty sure NASCAR wanted the agents there. Big difference. 

And I know you don't care what they call the trouble makers. That's the problem I brought up.

I didn't say anything to defend people throwing stuff. I damned sure didn't say anything about Chicago or whether or not they need police. I don't see how any of that is related, but you're definitely blowing it out of proportion.

All I'm saying is that cops don't need to fuel all the division and distrust by misidentifying or jumping the gun on labeling perps at the podium. That's the kind of stuff that has idiot lawyers in St. Louis standing in their driveways waving guns at anyone who walks by carrying a sign. 

I mean, damn. If there's no such thing as antifa, don't call it antifa. 

34 minutes ago, alexava said:

Nor do I, as long as the local authorities request it.

Here we have just the opposite. 

The local authorities feel like it's exacerbating the problem and have specifically requested the Fed's leave all together or at least restrict their activities to federal property.

30 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Nor do I, as long as the local authorities request it.

Here we have just the opposite. 

The local authorities feel like it's exacerbating the problem and have specifically requested the Fed's leave all together or at least restrict their activities to federal property.

The local authorities ( police union) is lambasting the mayors and governors. 

52 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm pretty sure NASCAR wanted the agents there. Big difference. 

And I know you don't care what they call the trouble makers. That's the problem I brought up.

I didn't say anything to defend people throwing stuff. I damned sure didn't say anything about Chicago or whether or not they need police. I don't see how any of that is related, but you're definitely blowing it out of proportion.

All I'm saying is that cops don't need to fuel all the division and distrust by misidentifying or jumping the gun on labeling perps at the podium. That's the kind of stuff that has idiot lawyers in St. Louis standing in their driveways waving guns at anyone who walks by carrying a sign. 

I mean, damn. If there's no such thing as antifa, don't call it antifa. 

I believe the video is in Chicago. Where fed agents are being sent. 

Just now, alexava said:

I believe the video is in Chicago. Where fed agents are being sent. 

Did Chicago ask for feds? I'm pretty sure they didn't. 

Interesting that Chicago has been the punching bag for every violent city and failed gun control law discussion for over a decade but suddenly they need federal agents in an election year where the incumbent is way behind in the polls and losing the suburbs.

"They want to destroy our suburbs," Trump recently warned in a call with supporters.

"People have worked all their lives to get into a community, and now they're going to watch it go to hell," he said from the South Lawn of the White House.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/22/893899254/down-in-the-polls-trump-pitches-fear-they-want-to-destroy-our-suburbs

Come on, man. I know you're hardcore pro cop but don't fall for this crap.

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Did Chicago ask for feds? I'm pretty sure they didn't. 

Interesting that Chicago has been the punching bag for every violent city and failed gun control law discussion for over a decade but suddenly they need federal agents in an election year where the incumbent is way behind in the polls and losing the suburbs.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/22/893899254/down-in-the-polls-trump-pitches-fear-they-want-to-destroy-our-suburbs

Come on, man. I know you're hardcore pro cop but don't fall for this crap.

I’m not hardcore pro cop. I’m not falling for anything. I don’t have my head in the sand either. 

32 minutes ago, alexava said:

The local authorities ( police union) is lambasting the mayors and governors. 

Actually, the president of the Portland police union has complained about the feds' failure to coordinate with local police. 

He has also complained about local officials- that's true.

And he has drawn a distinction between protesters and primarily white rioters who are only there to incite violence. To my knowledge, he managed to do this without calling them "antifa". 

2 hours ago, alexava said:

you do not think some cops are asking for it by removing name patches and blocking out their badge numbers? and turning off their body cams? someone, anyone give me one valid reason why someone is sworn to uphold the rule of law is trying to do things right by covering their info up which if i am correct on is required by law. maybe under some kind of homeland security crap? and they said they would never use it on anything other than thwarting terrorists.

“ In the future fascists will refer to themselves as anti- fascist”. Sir Winston Churchill.

Any person who has watched a minimum of TV news on any major network over the past two years knows that ANTIFA is a violent, anti-American terrorist group. It's not rocket surgery.

More evidence of "Antifa" inciting violence.

Christensen wrote in the affidavit that she watched “innumerable hours” of videos on social media platforms like Tik Tok, Snapchat, Instagram and YouTube to try to identify the suspect, to no avail. Investigators finally caught a break when a tipster e-mailed the Minneapolis Police Department identifying the man as a member of the Hell’s Angels biker gang who “wanted to sow discord and racial unrest by breaking out the windows and writing what he did on the double red doors,” the affidavit said.

A subsequent investigation revealed that the man was also an associate of the Aryan Cowboy Brotherhood, a small white supremacist prison and street gang based primarily in Minnesota and Kentucky. Several of its members were present at the Stillwater incident.

https://www.startribune.com/police-umbrella-man-was-a-white-supremacist-trying-to-incite-george-floyd-rioting/571932272/

On 7/22/2020 at 10:43 AM, alexava said:

rolling stone and some others did a story on white supers pretending to be antifa. they dressed like them and ascted like them. they encouraged looting and arson. that is fact. google is your friend if you care about the truth. i believe one of the articles was posted on one of the political boasrds on this site. but that is not something fox news is going to tell you but it is in fact true and arrests ahve been made.

On 7/22/2020 at 2:02 PM, aubiefifty said:

you do not think some cops are asking for it

Wrong + Wrong doesn’t = Right 

covering their info up which if i am correct on is required by law.

There is no law, in Alabama at least, that requires identifying information to be displayed. The number on my badge isn’t correct anyway. We use our radio number, but I can’t speak for others. 

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, alexava said:

Awesome bunch of ****** up people. Don’t need police at all.  https://www.foxnews.com/us/portland-attack-witness-police-videos

Had him subdued and THEN visiously kick him the back of the head. 

Sounds EXACTLY like other Antifa Attacks across the nation.

On 7/22/2020 at 10:53 PM, AUFAN78 said:

“ In the future fascists will refer to themselves as anti- fascist”. Sir Winston Churchill.

If this is a valid quote, it could not be more correct.

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Had him subdued and THEN visiously kick him the back of the head. 

Sounds EXACTLY like other Antifa Attacks across the nation.

If this is a valid quote, it could not be more correct.

If you didn’t have a problem until that kick......did you watch the whole video?

On 7/22/2020 at 10:53 PM, AUFAN78 said:

Yeah Churchill, more familiar with fascism than most, did not say that.

In truth, the fellas guilty of the crime above are more likely anarchists,  which is a different ideology altogether.

Holy Sweet Christ. Some of you still think that "ANTIFA" is an actual organization? Or that there's a correlation between being anti-fascist and beating up innocent people for no reason? 

Hooray for the thinly veiled acknowledgment that you side with a fascist leader, though, by saying that those who oppose fascism are the enemy. 

5 hours ago, alexava said:

If you didn’t have a problem until that kick......did you watch the whole video?

No, I was making the observation that the kick was totally unnecessary. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived