Former model Amy Dorris alleges Trump sexually assaulted her in 1997

TitanTiger

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Oh boy. I’m sort of with you on Dylan. But I would like to know what you don’t like about Pink Floyd. 

I just find it their style to be annoying, much like modern day techno.  Doesn't hit my ear right at all.

46 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I just find it their style to be annoying, much like modern day techno.  Doesn't hit my ear right at all.

That’s fair. I feel the same way about Radiohead. There’s one album I like by them, Amnesiac, and the rest is pretty boring. I understand they’re greatly talented, just not my thing. 

14 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

That's how I feel about Green Day

As a guy who grew up listening to hardcore and British punk, I find Green Day and the whole pop punk movement they inspired to be one of the worst affronts to music and common decency perpetrated in American history. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it is determined that Dookie set this nation on her current downward spiral. 

15 hours ago, homersapien said:

Sad to say, this thread has proven the premise of this editorial:

I acknowledge and regret the insensitivity of the music conversation happening in this particular thread. But it is not because the participants aren't concerned about having a true, habitual sexual predator in the White House, aren't sensitive to his victims, and aren't trying to effect change with our limited reach as voters and in how we interact with our environments. 

Speaking for myself, I know the result of discussing POTUS having raped yet another woman in this space. You and I and some others will be further galvanized in our righteous indignation, the psychos and sycophants will continue to struggle under the weight of the water they carry, and some self-professed centrists will continue to try to convince themselves and others- I can only assume in some self-spiting protest of our current two-party system as opposed to in service of what's best for this country-  that Biden is just as bad. 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

As a guy who grew up listening to hardcore and British punk, I find Green Day and the whole pop punk movement they inspired to be one of the worst affronts to music and common decency perpetrated in American history. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it is determined that Dookie set this nation on her current downward spiral. 

So what you are saying is they should retro-actively rename Dookie to 2020? Works for me.

But American Idiot was a great album.

it is pretty hard to make it in the music business regardless of talent so i try to give all musicians a pass. i often think this is why so many big stars can be complete jerks and tho i understand it i do not care for it. few bands get signed that do not have to repay the monies spent on recording and videos as well as publicity stuff. one of my old drummer made it with a band from south alabama and they sold pretty good and had two video's playing on mtv when they were all about music and it ended badly with that band in dept up to their necks.

I acknowledge and regret the insensitivity of the music conversation happening in this particular thread. But it is not because the participants aren't concerned about having a true, habitual sexual predator in the White House, aren't sensitive to his victims, and aren't trying to effect change with our limited reach as voters and in how we interact with our environments. 

Speaking for myself, I know the result of discussing POTUS having raped yet another woman in this space. You and I and some others will be further galvanized in our righteous indignation, the psychos and sycophants will continue to struggle under the weight of the water they carry, and some self-professed centrists will continue to try to convince themselves and others- I can only assume in some self-spiting protest of our current two-party system as opposed to in service of what's best for this country-  that Biden is just as bad. 

Oh, I am not criticizing the participates of this thread - of which I am one. No offense intended.

I just couldn't help pointing out how the country has become jaded - for understandable reasons - to yet another accusation of rape by the "rapist-in-chief" which was the thesis of the article I cut and pasted.

Didn't mean to be a wet blanket.  But this thread is such a perfect illustration of that point.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Oh, I am not criticizing the participates of this thread - of which I am one. No offense intended.

I just couldn't help pointing out how the country has become jaded - for understandable reasons - to yet another accusation of rape by the "rapist-in-chief" which was the thesis of the article I cut and pasted.

Didn't mean to be a wet blanket.  But this thread is such a perfect illustration of that point.

No offense taken and I doubt anyone took it as a shot. I can see how my response suggested otherwise, though. I didn't mean to be defensive. 

And honestly, I've registered the thread title every time I've opened it. And it feels a little off, having a frivolous conversation in this space. But arguing with some of these knuckle draggers instead of talking music seems equally frivolous and apathetic. 

Again, not trying to be defensive, and not interpreting your comments as judgmental in any way. 

Archived