Brad Bedell TEs

Zeek

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

I like Jack Bicknell Jr, great offensive line coach and recruiter.

The guy actually did a credible job this year,a damn job if you are fair and consider the circumstances

16 hours ago, Zeek said:

Boise fans claim the OL got worse since he got there in 2017.

Got worse but 4 of the 5 were voted All Conference.  That doesn’t sound like they got worse. 

Gotta get the assistants out of the gate. You can hire people to be a part of the honeymoon period. They know they have a good three years or so of stability.

A coach in the hot seat struggles to hire good assistants.

You need a coach that can go into a house and say, this is who I’ve coached and this is how I’m going to coach you.  We are going to work and I’m going to make you this best player you can be.   

You let the university recruit for itself.   If CBH thinks he can do this, I’m all for it

13 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Hopefully coach Harsin can surely find a better OL coach than Brad Bedell. Why not Dell McGee?

I know, I'm just not telling.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

I know, I'm just not telling.

Is it the same that this is referring to?  And is the coach actually better than what we had?

Just now, LKEEL75 said:

Is it the same that this is referring to?  And is the coach actually better than what we had?

My comment was in regards to "why not Dell McGee"...

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Hopefully coach Harsin can surely find a better OL coach than Brad Bedell. Why not Dell McGee?

Eq1-YaoW8A8dyIO.jpeg.e07962ddb16af6639283b84deb37004e.jpegThis is him!

sorry just need to hammer Gus one more time.

This is the "Run-First Play-Action Offense" Guy...🤦‍♂️

21 hours ago, metafour said:

It sounds like even if Bedell comes over it will be as TE coach, and not as the lone OL coach - so the whole doom and gloom about what happened at Boise State seems like crying over nothing. 

humm

30 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

humm

Now, this is the kind of information we are all starved for. Post of the year!!!!! Of course, it is only January 5🤔......

Just now, fredst said:

Now, this is the kind of information we are all starved for. Post of the year!!!!! Of course, it is only January 5🤔......

Haven't you learned the secret code yet freddy:hammerin:

21 hours ago, chizhead said:

The guy actually did a credible job this year,a damn job if you are fair and consider the circumstances

100% agree. I thought we were going to be hot garbage because of the lack of practice time as a new offensive line. On top of that we aren’t extremely talented. He did a good job at Ole Miss and that too was a bad position l. I think it would be extremely hard to upgrade from him. I believe he was in the pros so he can likely coach any blocking scheme for whatever offensive system we have.

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Not only is there a lot of buzz out there about the direction of Auburn, there’s a lot of hum too.

On 1/3/2021 at 8:50 PM, cole256 said:

Why do people want him gone?

Because when a qb holds onto the ball for more than 5 seconds the OL gets blamed for his sacks. And basic fans only know to blame the OL and not any other part of the scheme.

Harsin hires Brad Bedell from Boise as Auburn tight ends coach

5 minutes ago

Bryan Harsin has made some trips back to Idaho since being hired as Auburn's head coach Dec. 22. On one of those visits, he convinced his offensive line coach from Boise State to follow him to the Plains.

Auburn announced on Sunday that Brad Bedell is Harsin's pick to coach the Tigers' tight ends on his inaugural staff. Bedell, a former NFL offensive lineman, had been Harsin's offensive line coach and run game coordinator in Boise since 2017.

An All-American right guard at Colorado, Bedell was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the sixth round of the 2000 NFL Draft. He spent six years in the league with the Browns, Dolphins, Packers and Texans.

In addition to being crucial to Harsin's efficient offenses, Bedell boasts a handful of individual standouts from his O-line units in Boise. In four seasons, seven different Broncos from his room were named All-Mountain West, including three earning first-team honors in their respective seasons. 

Bedell's most successful pupil at Boise was Ezra Cleveland, who was taken in the second round of the 2020 NFL Draft and is currently was the Vikings' starter at right guard this season as a rookie.

Bedell's coaching career began when he returned to his alma mater as an offensive intern in 2007. After three years behind the scenes with head coach Dan Hawkins— who had just taken the Colorado job after a stint at Boise State, where Harsin was Hawkins' tight ends coach for four years — Bedell became the offensive line coach at Northern Colorado in 2010, then UC Davis in 2011 and New Mexico State in 2012. When Harsin was hired to replace Gus Malzahn in 2013, he brought Bedell as his O-line coach with the Red Wolves.

When Harsin went back to Boise State as the program's new head coach in 2014, Bedell jumped to Texas State for two seasons. He then spent one season at Baylor as an offensive quality control analyst, and planned to become Lamar's new offensive line coach before Harsin plucked him for his Boise State staff in 2017.

Auburn Undercover is updating this story. Check back soon for additional information.

Archived