Brad Bedell TEs

Zeek

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • RunInRed changed the title to Brad Bedell TEs
5 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

So he’s been a OL coach his whole coaching career now he’ll switch to TE’s? Interesting 

Agreed. This one feel a bit forced to get Bedell on the staff. But with our OL struggles recently maybe having 2 OL coach on staff isn’t such a bad thing. Not sure how the incoming TEs will feel about that though. 

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

This one feel a bit forced to get Bedell on the staff. 

my biggest worry is that "Bosie takes care of Bosie"    and did we just trade the Auburn good ole boy network for the Bosie good ole boy network?

Another real concern is that Aaron Green was so high on Harsin before his interview that it might not have mattered what he said to him....  he was going to get hired anyway. 

Bedell's coaching career began when he returned to his alma mater as an offensive intern in 2007. After three years behind the scenes with head coach Dan Hawkins— who had just taken the Colorado job after a stint at Boise State, where Harsin was Hawkins' tight ends coach for four years — Bedell became the offensive line coach at Northern Colorado in 2010, then UC Davis in 2011 and New Mexico State in 2012. When Harsin was hired to replace Gus Malzahn in 2013, he brought Bedell as his O-line coach with the Red Wolves.

When Harsin went back to Boise State as the program's new head coach in 2014, Bedell jumped to Texas State for two seasons. He then spent one season at Baylor as an offensive quality control analyst, and planned to become Lamar's new offensive line coach before Harsin plucked him for his Boise State staff in 2017.

Auburn Undercover is updating this story. Check back soon for additional information.

This guy might be the Greg "Goober" Brown of OL coaches (am I right GWILL?); no wonder the Boise fans were glad to see him go, he wasn't going to stay anyway. And what's the difference in teaching an OL to block or a tightend; it's not like were going to throw to them anyway.  

On 1/3/2021 at 9:38 PM, Zeek said:

True, some were happy to see Harsin go as well. It's not as concerning anyways because everything I've seen implies he'd be a co-OL coach. Which is interesting.

my thoughts are that if will friend bolts after 1-3 years guess who takes over??

2 hours ago, eaglenest said:

my thoughts are that if will friend bolts after 1-3 years guess who takes over??

Exactly. I think Schmedding might be the same thing if Derek Mason does take a HC position somewhere.

Archived