Men's NCAA Tourney Thread (Merged)

AUBwins

As much as I love the underdog, i love the story of the Zags becoming the first true Cinderella to make it to the Top after years of building it and finishing with arguably the most dominant team in history.  Also to see Mark Few get the ring he deserves.  Let this be the year they end their story so we can move on from them lol. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As expected Baylor is killing Houston, 45-20 at the half.  We sure could have used Davion Mitchell this year.  He is a player on both ends of the court.  

Baylor and Davion are headed to the Championship game.  They took care of a good Houston team 78-59.   Let’s see if Gonzaga can put away a feisty UCLA team to set up the dream matchup Monday night. 

Free basketball...been a heck of a game. UCLA in their comfort zone of OT now. 

Oh,  my,  gosh!  What a finish!  Incredible to keep it going for history.  

That really was a tremendous game. Both teams stepped up down the stretch.

Won, not lost.

This one is in the neighborhood of 1992 Duke-Kentucky to me.

Gonzaga almost blew it in regulation by not going to Timme more often, which they corrected in OT. Still. What a game. Big shot after big shot after big shot. Both teams played at an extraordinarily high level. That was a pleasure to watch. I hope Gonzaga / Baylor is equally as good. With a Gonzaga victory of course. 👍

35 minutes ago, slyinsocal said:

Gonzaga almost blew it in regulation by not going to Timme more often, which they corrected in OT. Still. What a game. Big shot after big shot after big shot. Both teams played at an extraordinarily high level. That was a pleasure to watch. I hope Gonzaga / Baylor is equally as good. With a Gonzaga victory of course. 👍

How does Gonzaga come back in two days after that emotionally intense game?  They have not had a game like that all season.  It will be interesting to see how they respond. 

Was AU the only team to play both Baylor and the Gonzaga this year?   

Maybe that will get CP some facetime on ESPN

1 hour ago, aublaise said:

Was AU the only team to play both Baylor and the Gonzaga this year?   

Maybe that will get CP some facetime on ESPN

good point. IF they picked up on that , it would provide good analysis, plus the Pearl personality is always a plus...

The more I watch it, that Suggs block/go get it/pass sequence was as impressive a 5 seconds of basketball as I've seen in a long time.

Excelling at pretty much every aspect of the game (he couldn't make the pass to himself for the basket 😏). He took care of the scoring part later on, though...

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Better than '92 Duke/UK?

That was a great one as well.  But IMO this one was a better complete game by both teams. 

28 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Let's go Baylor!

My personal sports rule. No team goes undefeated unless it is my team!

Looks like Gonzaga's best chance to get back in this has passed. Just cannot get it close enough to put any real game pressure on Baylor.

2 years ago, my son and I drove to Salt Lake City and watched Auburn destroy Kansas. In the game prior, Gonzaga beat Baylor 83-71. Both of Gonzaga's forwards from that team are in the NBA today. Clarke and Hachimura. Tonight? Lead by their guards, and relentless overall team quickness and effort, Baylor out quicked, out hustled, smothered and choked the life out of the Zags. From the opening tip, the Bears ran over and around the Zags, and never let up. Total domination.

5 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

So we could have had Davion, Cooper, Chuma, Isaac, and JT as our starting five this season?

I have a personal doubt all 3 of those forwards would've stayed here in the existence of one another, but possibly sure

Archived