Men's NCAA Tourney Thread (Merged)

AUBwins

So the bracket is out.  Bama ends up as a 2 but lucked out getting Michigan instead of Zags or Baylor.  Interesting to see that they get Pitino first round.  Could be trickier than they want against a 15. Thoughts? 

2021-ncaa-bracket-march-madness.jpg

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm rooting for Gonzaga to run the table.

Georgetown and Oregon State are 12 seeds on a roll...look out, Colorado and Tennessee.

LSU and Oklahoma State with their cheating-ass staffs need to lose as early as possible.

Lots of blue blood programs absent:

Duke, Kentucky, Louisville, Arizona, Indiana.

Morehead State is the only team from Kentucky in the tournament. That's a "who'd-a-thunk-it"?

4 hours ago, fishepa said:

I hope the whole turd team gets COVID.

I don’t like them either but this is a little over the top! I hope they lose but would never wish illness on a 18-20 year old kid. 

20 hours ago, SLAG-91 said:

Morehead State is the only team from Kentucky in the tournament. That's a "who'd-a-thunk-it"?

This right here is awesome.  That will change if there is a covid cancelation by tomorrow as Louisville will be the first to be entered.  Can you imagine a 16 seed catching covid, to be replaced by a Louisville? That would royally stink for the 1 seed lol. 

bammers think they are final four bound. Don't really care about the tourney this year, seems to be a down year, but I will definitely pull for the turds to lose in the first round, and for Oats to get hit in the head with the basketball 5 or 6 times.

4 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

bammers think they are final four bound. Don't really care about the tourney this year, seems to be a down year, but I will definitely pull for the turds to lose in the first round, and for Oats to get hit in the head with the basketball 5 or 6 times.

Bois, I'm with you!

I used to be glued to the TV for Bball in March.

As I've grown older, I've become more disinterested if AU is not involved in most sports.  Glad to see I may not be the only one.

As for UAt, please lose early and lose often.

On 3/16/2021 at 12:18 PM, boisnumber1 said:

I will definitely pull for the turds to lose in the first round

I do this every game and every sport. You need to try harder.

• ellitor changed the title to Men's NCAA Tourney Thread
On 3/15/2021 at 5:36 PM, toddc said:

I don’t like them either but this is a little over the top! I hope they lose but would never wish illness on a 18-20 year old kid. 

How bout temporary irritable bowel syndrome?

Never hurts my feelings to see the Buckeyes lose.

Kid from Florence plays for oral Roberts. Kareem Thompson 6'6" shooting guard who can shoot the lights out.  Super proud of him and the team. 

45 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Kid from Florence plays for oral Roberts. Kareem Thompson 6'6" shooting guard who can shoot the lights out.  Super proud of him and the team. 

Think your boy from Ohio wins the first round game? 

They play Virginia. They'll definitely have a change because they aren't a high scoring team and Ohio best player is a very very good point guard. When your best player is the guy that makes most of the decisions that's good for you I think. 

Love all these big 10 teams getting beat because I listened to 2 “experts” this week telling everyone that the big 10 was one of the best leagues in history this year. They will tie the record with 6 teams in the sweet 16. Strike 2 of those teams.

One thing the Covid year showed is how much parity you can have when everything is equal or more equal.  The lack of home court advantage, and like the bubble format with Tourney where everyone is in the same place, gives the smaller schools a better chance.  The tourney has always had a little of that neutral feeling but would still be an overwhelming crowd from the blue blood schools etc. Anyways it's been a bit refreshing, but obviously a lot of the magic and feel is gone without the crowd.  Entertaining first day of tourney. 

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

They play Virginia. They'll definitely have a change because they aren't a high scoring team and Ohio best player is a very very good point guard. When your best player is the guy that makes most of the decisions that's good for you I think. 

I want Virginia to lose the first game every year from here on out.  Still pissed about that game.  Only ruined it further for me when I started my bracket challenge this year and my 2019 bracket came up.  I saw I actually predicted Auburn and Virginia to play in final 4 with Virginia winning it all.  But that was before seeing live that we were the best team in the field during that tourney. SMH.

Well, VCU is the first Covid knockout...Oregon gets a free pass to round 2.

11 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I want Virginia to lose the first game every year from here on out.  Still pissed about that game.  Only ruined it further for me when I started my bracket challenge this year and my 2019 bracket came up.  I saw I actually predicted Auburn and Virginia to play in final 4 with Virginia winning it all.  But that was before seeing live that we were the best team in the field during that tourney. SMH.

The Virginia Double Dribblers lost the opening round game to Ohio!!  😆

Whelp knocked them out. I know I get on people's nerves about Mark but......keep it going my guy! We could really use you!

Archived