247 2022 Mock Draft

AuCivilEng1

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Or how good is Hugh?

Probably a combination of both. It makes you wonder how good some of the others might've been able to become

If this is what the QB class looks like next year, I am equally mad the panthers didnt pick up fields..

George Pickens to the Packers. 

g600616996.gif

2 minutes ago, gr82be said:

George Pickens to the Packers. 

g600616996.gif

I thought AR wanted a talented receiver...

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

It's not even that he didn't get to play for me.......he wasn't even allowed to compete........karma though Gus may would still have his job here had he gave him a chance. This is embarrassing

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

It's not even that he didn't get to play for me.......he wasn't even allowed to compete........karma though Gus may would still have his job here had he gave him a chance. This is embarrassing

Let's not even talk about Lamar Jackson. 

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I saw an article the other day predicting him #1 overall. It was far out, but still. I will see if I can find it and link it.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-nfl-mock-draft-an-unheralded-passer-goes-first-overall/

2 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I saw an article the other day predicting him #1 overall. It was far out, but still. I will see if I can find it and link it.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2022-nfl-mock-draft-an-unheralded-passer-goes-first-overall/

I can’t believe spencer rattler is given this much love. Not hating but this might be one of the weakest QB classes I’ve seen in some time. 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I can’t believe spencer rattler is given this much love. Not hating but this might be one of the weakest QB classes I’ve seen in some time. 

It is definitely weakest in a decade I would say. I have never been high on Spence. I thought he was overrated coming out of HS and he has just been surrounded by talent everywhere he has been. Yes he has talent, but I am not huge on him.

Any one of the top 6 QBS in this years draft come back and they are probably locks for #1 overall.

17 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

It is definitely weakest in a decade I would say. I have never been high on Spence. I thought he was overrated coming out of HS and he has just been surrounded by talent everywhere he has been. Yes he has talent, but I am not huge on him.

Any one of the top 6 QBS in this years draft come back and they are probably locks for #1 overall.

Seriously though ! Sam Howell?! Really? 

35 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think it has one of the biggest gaps between floor and ceiling imo. That one with EJ Manuel had a ton of very developed QBs that didn’t have much space to grow. I really like Sam Howell, Rattler has flashed elite gun slinger traits, and Willis has equalized the field for a pretty meh Liberty team against some significantly better squads 

But it’s certainly not jaw dropping. Ridder potentially going top 8 has modern Teddy (post injury) over it imo 

14 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’d legit take Howell, Ridder, Willis, Rattler and a flier on Slovis/Daniels over that entire 2013 class tbh 

I do like Kedon. To me he has the highest upside of all these guys. I just can’t get over the Rattler love. I am assuming that is based on the track record of their ball coach

Malik Willis' best decision he ever made was to leave Gus Malzahn.  All Gus ever cared about was making a QB better in his system.  He had zero interest in developing a QB's skill set, fundamentals, football IQ.   His QB's spent more time reading a Waffle House menu than an opponent's defense.   

34 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

All Gus ever cared about was making a QB better in his system.

To care so much about a task makes the failure to complete all the more depressing.

33 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Malik Willis' best decision he ever made was to leave Gus Malzahn.  All Gus ever cared about was making a QB better in his system.  He had zero interest in developing a QB's skill set, fundamentals, football IQ.   His QB's spent more time reading a Waffle House menu than an opponent's defense.   

Yep! Also I liked how MW took responsibility about his preparation and put in that work .

@GwillMac6, Malik has came a long way lol . 

Just now, DAG said:

Yep! Also I liked how MW took responsibility about his preparation and put in that work .

Many people forget or never realized this. Gus failed MW and every other QB not named Cam or NM he coached at AU, but Malik stated he didn't take it serious or put in the work. Probably saw writing on the wall that Gus was not naming him starter so makes it easy to get lethargic about putting in said work. I get it. I am glad he is flourishing at Liberty under CHF.

5 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Many people forget or never realized this. Gus failed MW and every other QB not named Cam or NM he coached at AU, but Malik stated he didn't take it serious or put in the work. Probably saw writing on the wall that Gus was not naming him starter so makes it easy to get lethargic about putting in said work. I get it. I am glad he is flourishing at Liberty under CHF.

I’d almost throw Nick in that failed category. He had the tools to be another Lamar Jackson. He needed guidance and coaching on his passing. Gus doesn’t do that, apparently.

8 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yep.  Remember players all talked about what a great leader he was.  

It was part of the culture that was being allowed to take place.   "Put in the effort you want to......" and not "Put in this effort or here is the door."  There was this coach the kids who wanted to be coached mentality.  There needed to be more accountability and I am glad that we are seeing that change with the new leadership.  Different styles, but the new one lays the groundwork for consistent and sustainable success, the other is more of a "once in a blue moon " success rate

12 hours ago, DAG said:

I wonder if any of the analysts who rated Rattler so highly as a recruit are involved in this mock. 

Also lol at the heated arguments of why Willis shouldn't even get to play in blowouts and he should move to running back 🙄

Don't forget one of the best QB's that would'vemade a bunch of noise was drafted in the NBA draft. He wouldn't be in this mock but he'd have everybody waiting

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

There needed to be more accountability and I am glad that we are seeing that change with the new leadership.

Great point! I think with this new staff we won't have any repeats. Everyone will have accountability from the players to the coaches. As much as we want to blame the coaches (and rightfully so), growth is seen in our fallacies. I honestly believe his self evaluation and the Hugh Freeze tutelage is why he appears to be a 1st round pick. Trey Lance 2.0 

Low key Trey Lance needs to perform because that can indirectly open doors for guys like MW. 

Man i remember being soooo frustrated watching Malik play. He was not allowed to pass and i'm pretty sure his option reads were not really reads at all. How a DI coach can think it is a good idea to not develop a back up QB is so far beyond my ability to understand i literally don't have a guess as to why he did that. Maybe he didn't want the starting QB to feel threatened about losing their job?? That doesn't make sense to me but it is a least a reason. Anyway....water under the bridge now. Glad we have moved on from that staff. And great for Malik that he found a place to thrive and is going to get a nice pay day. 

Archived