Central Michigan Transfer RB Jordon Ingram

Zeek

JordonIngram.thumb.PNG.714e4ce56d80f38c46d1ce77cf728d54.PNG

Big back with a lot of wiggle despite his size. Decent not great speed. Decent route running and hands out of the backfield. Plus he's a somewhat local kid which is a nice addition. 

Believe to be essentially a lock and has 4 years to play. However, he has coursework he has to finish before we could even accept him.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

JordonIngram.thumb.PNG.714e4ce56d80f38c46d1ce77cf728d54.PNG

Big back with a lot of wiggle despite his size. Decent not great speed. Decent route running and hands out of the backfield. Plus he's a somewhat local kid which is a nice addition. 

Believe to be essentially a lock and has 4 years to play. However, he has coursework he has to finish before we could even accept him.

Interesting. I would like to hear from those more knowledgeable than me why Ingram is a quick take and Brown was a no go, especially given the "not great speed" comment. Not trying to start an argument, just honestly interested in the thought, here.

Did he play at all at Central Michigan? It doesn't look like it.

12 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

Interesting. I would like to hear from those more knowledgeable than me why Ingram is a quick take and Brown was a no go, especially given the "not great speed" comment. Not trying to start an argument, just honestly interested in the thought, here.

Did he play at all at Central Michigan? It doesn't look like it.

No clue what happened with Brown. He might be the one who had all his paperwork signed and bailed last second.

This kid is probably a take because he has good size but he's not a talent that's going to cry if he didn't get a lot of reps.

Not sure what happened with Central a Michigan but he practically never fully joined the team.

Would be good temporary depth. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

No clue what happened with Brown. He might be the one who had all his paperwork signed and bailed last second.

This kid is probably a take because he has good size but he's not a talent that's going to cry if he didn't get a lot of reps.

Not sure what happened with Central a Michigan but he practically never fully joined the team.

Would be good temporary depth. 

Not sure I understand guys like this. He's a fringe SEC player that is going to be on our roster for 4 years. We can't fix everything in year one. 

We have 4 RBs, if Tank gets hurt we're done. We aren't going to win this year. I don't see how he helps us long term

Things are looking good for AU.

6 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Not sure I understand guys like this. He's a fringe SEC player that is going to be on our roster for 4 years. We can't fix everything in year one. 

We have 4 RBs, if Tank gets hurt we're done. We aren't going to win this year. I don't see how he helps us long term

Well, it provides depth at a critical position, likely more in case Shivers gets hurt than Tank, because while Ingram doesn't have the ability to be a feature back, he does have the talent to potentially be a viable backup, something that maybe Barrett didn't show much ability to be this spring, and Hunter is at least as untested as Ingram.

Also, seems to me that helps start building the pipeline from Mobile. Pretty sure there's a guard from St. Paul's in the 2022 class that we might be interested in, and even if not, that's a talent rich area that's close to home. I get the feeling those two qualifications mean a lot to Bryan Harsin. Probably wants to use the advantages that Auburn's proximity to talent brings him after being in an area fairly devoid of football talent, where he had to convince kids to come from far and wide.

7 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Also, seems to me that helps start building the pipeline from Mobile. Pretty sure there's a guard from St. Paul's in the 2022 class that we might be interested in...

These are the recruiting conversations that are interesting to me. I have trouble, from a pure talent standpoint, of seeing Cody Brown as a "don't even look at him" and Ingram as an "immediate take". I'll grant that I could be wrong on that, too, but I'm sure Harsin has a larger, multi-faceted strategic plan for recruiting and it's interesting to discuss what that may be.

Well, it provides depth at a critical position, likely more in case Shivers gets hurt than Tank, because while Ingram doesn't have the ability to be a feature back, he does have the talent to potentially be a viable backup, something that maybe Barrett didn't show much ability to be this spring, and Hunter is at least as untested as Ingram.

Also, seems to me that helps start building the pipeline from Mobile. Pretty sure there's a guard from St. Paul's in the 2022 class that we might be interested in, and even if not, that's a talent rich area that's close to home. I get the feeling those two qualifications mean a lot to Bryan Harsin. Probably wants to use the advantages that Auburn's proximity to talent brings him after being in an area fairly devoid of football talent, where he had to convince kids to come from far and wide.

Some people are used to checkers while others are introducing chess. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Some people are used to checkers while others are introducing chess. 

Oh lord you're starting to sound like bird please be careful. :poke:

Not sure I buy the "he's a take b/c he's from mobile".

It's all a numbers game.  I get that we need an RB, but I'm not really sure how talented this kid is.  He's also going to take an 85 spot for 4 years and possibly take a 22 spot.  Now, if it is true that we can take guys as blue shirts and they don't count against any class, I'm more open to it.  

We can't solve all of our issues in day 1.  Shivers getting hurt and having an open scholly or this guy on our roster isn't going to make or break our season

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Not sure I buy the "he's a take b/c he's from mobile".

It's all a numbers game.  I get that we need an RB, but I'm not really sure how talented this kid is.  Now, if it is true that we can take guys as blue shirts and they don't count against any class, I'm more open to it.  

We can't solve all of our issues in day 1.  Shivers getting hurt and having an open scholly or this guy on our roster isn't going to make or break our season

If Barrett isn't up to par and Hunter doesn't pan out, then we have no one else left behind Shivers. Yes, I fully recognize that we have other needs, but I trust that the staff has an idea what they're doing. Maybe they see something in him that you don't?

And I didn't say he's a take because he's from Mobile. I listed that as a contributing factor.

3 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

If Barrett isn't up to par and Hunter doesn't pan out, then we have no one else left behind Shivers. Yes, I fully recognize that we have other needs, but I trust that the staff has an idea what they're doing. Maybe they see something in him that you don't?

And I didn't say he's a take because he's from Mobile. I listed that as a contributing factor.

I'm sure they know what they are doing, but they aren't infallible.  We can't fix everything in year one.  If we lose Shivers I don't think our season is going to be lost.  No matter who takes the snaps.  If we lose Tank, our season is lost no matter who we take.

He's going to reduce the players we can take in the '22 class.  We have a few good HS RBs leaning our way, so take 2, and then take an actually talented transfer after the season.

I get we need RBs, but I'm not really sure this is the guy. 

Maybe the coaches are right and he's the next Ronnie Brown & was just over looked during the covid season.  It's ok to have an open conversation about what our coaches are doing.

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm sure they know what they are doing, but they aren't infallible.  We can't fix everything in year one.  If we lose Shivers I don't think our season is going to be lost.  No matter who takes the snaps.  If we lose Tank, our season is lost no matter who we take.

He's going to reduce the players we can take in the '22 class.  We have a few good HS RBs leaning our way, so take 2, and then take an actually talented transfer after the season.

I get we need RBs, but I'm not really sure this is the guy. 

Maybe the coaches are right and he's the next Ronnie Brown & was just over looked during the covid season.  It's ok to have an open conversation about what our coaches are doing.

What I meant by having an idea what they're doing was more in the vein of having a better idea of how the rules are going to play out. If transfers aren't going to be counted toward the 25 from any year this go around, then that solves all the problems you have with taking him.

No nothing about this kid.  But we need a backup to Tank badly.  We need to play Tank and Shivers at the same time as they are two of our best offensive weapons and we can't afford to have top talent on the bench given our QB and WR situation.

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

What I meant by having an idea what they're doing was more in the vein of having a better idea of how the rules are going to play out. If transfers aren't going to be counted toward the 25 from any year this go around, then that solves all the problems you have with taking him.

Has there been any rumblings about that?  The NCAA does need to do something about the 25 and split out transfers in some fashion.  I haven't seen that been discussed as a possibility.

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

Has there been any rumblings about that?  The NCAA does need to do something about the 25 and split out transfers in some fashion.  I haven't seen that been discussed as a possibility.

I've seen mention of it, but I have no idea if it's been discussed by anyone who matters, or if it might actually happen, or if it's just a dream. Probably others on this board know more than I do. Actually, check that, there are certain others on this board that I KNOW have more intel than I do on this situation, but how much they know, I don't have a clue.

6 minutes ago, japantiger said:

No nothing about this kid.  But we need a backup to Tank badly.  We need to play Tank and Shivers at the same time as they are two of our best offensive weapons and we can't afford to have top talent on the bench given our QB and WR situation.

I really don't think this Harsin and Bobo are going to pull an Al Borges here. I fully expect Tank and Worm to be firmly entrenched at 1 and 2, but I doubt we'll see them on the field at the same time very often.

9 hours ago, Zeek said:

Things are looking good for AU.

Zeek I like your optimism. For some reason, I too feel like AU may be better (not outstanding, but better) than a lot expect. But, in the final analysis, we have to eventually line up and actually play to see where we stand.

35 minutes ago, au701948 said:

Zeek I like your optimism. For some reason, I too feel like AU may be better (not outstanding, but better) than a lot expect. But, in the final analysis, we have to eventually line up and actually play to see where we stand.

I just meant that we're trending for this particular player lol

On 5/14/2021 at 8:06 AM, W.E.D said:

I 100% agree with that assessment, and I've been saying I'd rather save the scholly's for next year early enrollees for the long haul. But, after seeing us go after a ton of transfer players, I'm thinking the coaches are thinking the following way (or I'm trying to convince myself that they have a master plan to make me feel better).

1) Harsin sees our roster in much worse shape than we do and is actively processing some players and using the portal to maintain depth/upgrade those areas and getting the "attitude" guys he wants on the team at an accelerated pace (but with the long term success still in mind).

2) Due to their short tenure and due to some staff being unfamiliar with the SEC recruiting area and not many relationships with kids yet, Harsin is using some of next year's scholarships on what he can get this year, and thus muting the impact on next year's recruiting class with a built in excuse of not having the full 25 to use. This would make sense. since the newness of the coaches and lack of relationships in the recruiting area might lead to a less than stellar class next year.

Or he may just be scared S...less about the current talent/attitude/etc. of the current team and wants to get enough competent players on the roster so he doesn't have a Chiz 4.0 year or a Tubby 10.0 year.

2 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I 100% agree with that assessment, and I've been saying I'd rather save the scholly's for next year early enrollees for the long haul. But, after seeing us go after a ton of transfer players, I'm thinking the coaches are thinking the following way (or I'm trying to convince myself that they have a master plan to make me feel better).

1) Harsin sees our roster in much worse shape than we do and is actively processing some players and using the portal to maintain depth/upgrade those areas and getting the "attitude" guys he wants on the team at an accelerated pace (but with the long term success still in mind).

2) Due to their short tenure and due to some staff being unfamiliar with the SEC recruiting area and not many relationships with kids yet, Harsin is using some of next year's scholarships on what he can get this year, and thus muting the impact on next year's recruiting class with a built in excuse of not having the full 25 to use. This would make sense. since the newness of the coaches and lack of relationships in the recruiting area might lead to a less than stellar class next year.

Or he may just be scared S...less about the current talent/attitude/etc. of the current team and wants to get enough competent players on the roster so he doesn't have a Chiz 4.0 year or a Tubby 10.0 year.

I have a feeling that the staff knows more than we do about how all this transfer business is going to settle out, but I think the NCAA is going to basically be forced to waive the initial counter rule for transfers. Too many guys already in the portal from too many schools.

But, that having been said, you could be absolutely right.

12 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I have been wondering if the Harsin believes alot of the recruits he wants are sitting on the fence waiting to see if he can win in the SEC.  Therefore he knows he needs to win this year, and  knows he needs to some additional players to do so even if it means a smaller class next year. 

It's interesting how *young* this guy looks in the pics I can find of him. I wonder if Harsin is thinking he's got a lot more ceiling?

14 hours ago, AUinfusion said:

It's interesting how *young* this guy looks in the pics I can find of him. I wonder if Harsin is thinking he's got a lot more ceiling?

Not going to lie, saw the picture and thought this was one of those "Offering an 9th grader" stories.

Archived