Penn State 6:30 pm CT kickoff

Win4AU

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Didn’t we do a “white out” against Tulane in 2018?

I think we tried once, at least from the fan perspective. We didn’t wear the troopers. It would be something we would have to build up or hand out 80k white shirts lol. PSU uses this a few times a year I think and the fans just get on board with it. We seem to have those stragglers that wear a different color. Then again, a few of the Orange games were very well done, especially 2010 with packed, electric stadiums. 

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

I think we tried once, at least from the fan perspective. We didn’t wear the troopers. It would be something we would have to build up or hand out 80k white shirts lol. PSU uses this a few times a year I think and the fans just get on board with it. We seem to have those stragglers that wear a different color. Then again, a few of the Orange games were very well done, especially 2010 with packed, electric stadiums. 

I'm an all orange guy myself.  For whatever reason the other color things we do just doesn't pop on tv like the orange.  The blue just looks dark on tv.  The striping is whatever.  The only time its noticeable is from the blimp shot.  The white out was weak because of the opponent and like you mentioned being in the blues instead of the storm troopers.  It looked like we cheering on Tulane instead of Auburn. 

55 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I shall be attending a Chris Stapleton concert at Das Wharf that night with the wifey. My luck, lol

Love Stapleton. A wise choice, IMO

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Penn State 6:30 pm CT kickoff

I might be at that Stapleton concert too. However, I’m thinking about making the trip for this game and then watching my buddy (Jack Driscoll) play in Philly that Sunday against the 49ers. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I shall be attending a Chris Stapleton concert at Das Wharf that night with the wifey. My luck, lol

Heck, I’d go see CS too. He’s awesome. 

• Like 1

Auburn +3.5 per twitter from some lines released today

• 4 weeks later...

You guys will most likely be in all whites, PSU will be in the blue jersey and white pads. White outs usually done change our home colors. Only thing I can think of is if Auburn wears an alternative uni, PSU goes with their alternatives which is basically only the numbers on the helmets. 

• Thanks 4

12 minutes ago, Caldavis said:

You guys will most likely be in all whites, PSU will be in the blue jersey and white pads. White outs usually done change our home colors. Only thing I can think of is if Auburn wears an alternative uni, PSU goes with their alternatives which is basically only the numbers on the helmets. 

Welcome to the board

I'm flying to Buffalo on the 15th to stay at Niagara Falls. Then driving down to a cabin outside State College on Friday. Fly back to Orlando via Pittsburgh on Sunday. Have my plane and game tickets purchased already.  I'm pretty pumped about this one. 

Edited by AUBourne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

I'm flying to Buffalo on the 15th to stay at Niagara Falls. Then driving down to a cabin outside State College on Friday. Fly back to Orlando via Pittsburgh on Sunday. Have my plane and game tickets purchased already.  I'm pretty pumped about this one. 

I’ve never done NF’s before but it sounds like a great trip. Cabins in SC are nice. Pittsburgh is about two hours from SC to be safe. Downtown restaurants and bars will be salty but worth a visit. Check out Champs on Atherton. Good food plenty of beer selections. 

Campus is beautiful especially in the fall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Caldavis said:

I’ve never done NF’s before but it sounds like a great trip. Cabins in SC are nice. Pittsburgh is about two hours from SC to be safe. Downtown restaurants and bars will be salty but worth a visit. Check out Champs on Atherton. Good food plenty of beer selections. 

Campus is beautiful especially in the fall. 

I'm going to try and hike Mount Nittany on Friday or early Saturday. Bringing the family, including two teens, so probably won't be hitting any bars. But def going to check out the campus and soak up the atmosphere leading up to the game. I was supposed to be going with a friend that went to PSU but he has already backed out. 

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

I'm going to try and hike Mount Nittany on Friday or early Saturday. Bringing the family, including two teens, so probably won't be hitting any bars. But def going to check out the campus and soak up the atmosphere leading up to the game. I was supposed to be going with a friend that went to PSU but he has already backed out. 

Tailgating will be awesome for you, we have our fair share of clowns like any team does but don’t be surprised if you get offered a brat, dog, or crab dip or two. PSU fans are normally gentle. 

Walk into the stadium about a half hour before kick. Place is electric during a white out. 

• Thanks 3

On 5/20/2021 at 3:40 PM, Swamp Eagle said:

My condolences. Best wishes on not finding out the score till you watch it.

That strategy epically failed for me for 2007 Florida and the 2019 North Carolina sweet 16 game.

Edited by Viper

Beaver Stadium ranking

Interesting comments on PSU atmosphere and stadium design.  Not sure if the author has been to Ben Hill Griffin which is the steepest and loudest venue I have been to but he compared Beaver Stadium to Tiger Stadium.  I can handle crowd noise levels like at LSU. But I really hope it is not as loud as Florida. 

From the article:

I’ve been here three times and I can point to a time in each where I could have been wearing noise-canceling headphones and still not be able to hear myself think.

The past two times I’ve visited Happy Valley have been nighttime whiteouts, and each was more insane than the last. At its loudest in my times there, I could be yelling at the top of my lungs and still not be able to hear myself — it’s that loud. Beaver Stadium is also a behemoth, housing nearly as many as The Big House, while also being a gargantuan, built upward instead of out.

The only place I can imagine to be as intimidating to visit would be LSU’s Tiger Stadium, but that’s it. Ohio Stadium is close, but there’s nothing like Penn State when it comes to being a stadium that road teams dread playing in.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

Not sure if the author has been to Ben Hill Griffin which is the steepest and loudest venue I have been to but he compared Beaver Stadium to Tiger Stadium

I agree with you. I bet he wasn’t in Jordan-Hare during the 2017 UGA and Bama games  either. 

• Like 2

It’s a big erector set of a stadium. Both decks were added recently, what I mean is early 90’s and then 2000’s. 

Is it loud, yes, especially for “white outs”. I’ve never witnessed a game in SEC territory but I’m sure it’s quite comparable. 

The moment the blue band hits the field (usually 15 minutes prior to kick) it’s on. Be prepared to stand 3/4 of the game, especially in the first half. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Until I attended a game at UF I always thought atmosphere was more important than noise level. Now I think it is subjective.  I would put the big game atmosphere at Jordan-Hare up against any stadium.  There is a reason so many magical games happen for AU at home.. But JH stadium design is not conducive to trapping noise. On the other hand BHG was a very average atmosphere but when our offense couldn't communicate it had a real impact. Hopefully the new staff is more prepared for a venue like Beaver Stadium than our previous staff was.

• Like 2

For the record, I am going.   

I presume Auburn fans are wearing orange shirts.   

A pick 6 could quiet a crowd in a hurry.  And their QB struggled at times  last yr.   Who knows...

At first glance, they have a very solid team on paper.   I can easily see why they are favored.  How they lost so many games is beyond me.  They were snakebit like our baseball team was this year it appears.

Edited by Beaker
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2021 at 11:24 AM, Win4AU said:

I’m going to be at a show at Red Rocks at that time 🤮

Thank goodness for DVR. 

I'd rather be at Red Rocks, though, especially in September with that cool mountain breeze. Wife and I went for the first time three years ago. Such an amazing place to see a show. Who you going to see?

10 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Thank goodness for DVR. 

I'd rather be at Red Rocks, though, especially in September with that cool mountain breeze. Wife and I went for the first time three years ago. Such an amazing place to see a show. Who you going to see?

I saw some photos of someone I know who went to RR for a concert years ago. Looked so neat. I want to go there someday.

So September is the best time to enjoy a show? How about October when fall starts to set in? 

• Like 1