Truesdell absent from practice

God Cam It

37 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Portal huh? I'm wondering if he did not like the move to NT? 

That would surprise me. A lot of folks seem to think he was going to be first in the rotation. If accurate, that means he just gave up a fantastic shot at an NFL contract because of negligible differences in assignment (which would have expanded his toolkit and viability as an NFL prospect). 

Any speculation without any more info inevitably leads down an at least somewhat personal road, IMO. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

He has entered the transfer portal. 

That just changed a lot of speculation on here, didn't it?

And the Auburn website didn't waste any time taking his name of their football roster.

Doesn't sound like a good separation bt player and team...

From what’s being said about other possible NTs he might have been beaten out Fair and square! 😝 

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

From what’s being said about other possible NTs he might have been beaten out Fair and square! 😝 

It would still be pretty disrespectful to assume that has anything to do with him transferring. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It would still be pretty disrespectful to assume that has anything to do with him transferring. 

It’s a joke/pun. E is that you? Also, I’ve been standing up for the guy transferring so I would never disrespect him by making assumptions without any tangible evidence.

Edited by toddc

28 minutes ago, toddc said:

It’s a joke/pun. E is that you? Also, I’ve been standing up for the guy transferring so I would never disrespect him by making assumptions without any tangible evidence.

I got the pun, but said pun came across as being in service of a negative implication. Given that it's an implication made elsewhere in this thread and in every single thread involving a guy transferring, I hope you can understand. My apologies for my own misunderstanding. 

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Not understanding that one. If he was beaten out and saw the writing on the wall with decreased playing time, it would make perfect sense to hit the portal if he has aspirations of continuing to play at the next level, especially since he got his degree. I'm sure there is a team somewhere out there that could use him. And if that is why, I'm glad for him and Auburn since that would mean we have some quality people playing that position.

Either way, he far exceeded my expectations for him when we signed him. He contributed way more than I ever thought he would. Best of luck to him.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Not understanding that one. If he was beaten out and saw the writing on the wall with decreased playing time, it would make perfect sense to hit the portal if he has aspirations of continuing to play at the next level, especially since he got his degree. I'm sure there is a team somewhere out there that could use him. And if that is why, I'm glad for him and Auburn since that would mean we have some quality people playing that position.

Either way, he far exceeded my expectations for him when we signed him. He contributed way more than I ever thought he would. Best of luck to him.

You know, you're absolutely right. I was responding to years of "He was scared of competition" posts, but that's not what was actually said in this thread.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

On 247, there's an article that implies he was removed from the team. Fyi. 

Best of luck to TT. Maybe we will all move on. 

10 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Twitter claims he's immediately eligible.  I thought he was past the deadline.

I am not sure on that. I honestly didn't know there was a deadline. 

26 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am not sure on that. I honestly didn't know there was a deadline. 

There was supposed to be a July 1st or August 1st transfer deadline.  Some now saying he graduated so as a Grad transfer he can play immediately.  

• Like 1