Truesdell absent from practice

God Cam It

1 hour ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

There are s many reason he could have missed practice.   He could have pressing private family matters.  He may be in covid isolation.  Etc.  why does everyone initially assume it is some negative thing or that he is gone for good?   

I have no idea why True is MIA,  but I am more likely to assume it is not going to effect his status with the team until we hear something official.

He could have Covid. 

why does everyone initially assume it is some negative thing or that he is gone for good?

That's the way it worked in the last regime.

• Like 1

There are s many reason he could have missed practice.   He could have pressing private family matters.  He may be in covid isolation.  Etc.  why does everyone initially assume it is some negative thing or that he is gone for good?   

I have no idea why True is MIA,  but I am more likely to assume it is not going to effect his status with the team until we hear something official.

Nobody is just "assuming" anything.

From 247:

Senior defensive tackle Tyrone Truesdell’s status with Auburn’s football team is uncertain. Informed sources told Auburn Undercover that he was not listed on the official roster for the start of preseason camp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, metafour said:

Nobody is just "assuming" anything.

From 247:

I didn't see it, just reporting it...that PM said he is leaving for 'personal reasons'....We may never know the actual reason, if it is personal, unless True comments on it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I didn't see it, just reporting it...that PM said he is leaving for 'personal reasons'....We may never know the actual reason, if it is personal, unless True comments on it.

Just got to respect it 

A “nose plugger “ to be fair! 😝 

Edited by toddc
  • Haha 1

If this is true, which looks likely but not certain, are we going to be able to run 3-4 a lot? We'd have lost Wright and Trues who were 1 and 2. Fair has the ability but we have to hope he's gotten where he needs to be weight wise. That leaves Lee Hunter and Burks, who are both studs but I believe more of true DT's than NT's?

I'd like for a poster with more knowledge on scheme to comment, but I've always thought you can't run a 3-4 without a serviceable NT who can take on double teams. We seemed to have a ton of trouble last year with the d-line getting dominated which caused Zakoby and Owen more trouble. I'm thinking we may be better suited for a 4-2-5 with an EDGE, OLB and DT's instead of an NT. Zakoby and Owen got the speed and range for that system and we definitely have the depth in the secondary. I know that this is all based off the worst case scenario. We should have a good defense, but the depth at NT is very concerning 

• Like 1

Definitely will suck if true.

Of course, the rumors are out there, but so far his status with the team is just uncertain

BTW, the new sheriff in town has different rules on reporting injuries and players not at practice so the beat guys are toe'n the line so to speak.

• Like 2

Personally, I don't care if he decides to quit.  Quitters are a dime a dozen.

A new coaching staff and direction is very welcome at Auburn.  Anyone who doesn't fit in or want to fit in should leave immediately so a scholarship can be opened up for some kid who wants to be loyal.

Edited by MaxCohen216
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

11 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Personally, I don't care if he decides to quit.  Quitters are a dime a dozen.

A new coaching staff and direction is very welcome at Auburn.  Anyone who doesn't fit in or want to fit in should leave immediately so a scholarship can be opened up for some kid who wants to be loyal.

You know absolutely nothing of the situation, but besides that the thing about 3-4 defenses they don't work without a strong big body in the middle. Nose tackles is literally the exact opposite of a dime a dozen

• Like 5

15 hours ago, au302 said:

If this is true, which looks likely but not certain, are we going to be able to run 3-4 a lot? We'd have lost Wright and Trues who were 1 and 2. Fair has the ability but we have to hope he's gotten where he needs to be weight wise. That leaves Lee Hunter and Burks, who are both studs but I believe more of true DT's than NT's?

I'd like for a poster with more knowledge on scheme to comment, but I've always thought you can't run a 3-4 without a serviceable NT who can take on double teams. We seemed to have a ton of trouble last year with the d-line getting dominated which caused Zakoby and Owen more trouble. I'm thinking we may be better suited for a 4-2-5 with an EDGE, OLB and DT's instead of an NT. Zakoby and Owen got the speed and range for that system and we definitely have the depth in the secondary. I know that this is all based off the worst case scenario. We should have a good defense, but the depth at NT is very concerning 

You're right about the things you have said. It will take whoever knows how the other tackles are performing. I like you know Hunter to really be doing well, he's actually so athletic I was hoping he would be used at d end and we would have a crazy built d line that would take up the o line, and that would leave our linebackers who have already shown to be uber athletic to run free and hit everything that moves.... 

It sucks because Truesdale was definitely the best as far as guys from last year and I know as far as Fair there's questions about his motor so him having someone to rotate with will probably be very very important

• Like 1

Truesdell, because of his size and experience, was likely to be one of our regular 0-Techs. Fair would likely have been our other in the rotation. Lee Hunter physically can do it, and did some 0-Tech in spring practice, but he obviously lacks experience.

When we line up in alternative defensive line formations (4-2, 2-4), we will be in better shape. If we do some one-gap in a 4-2 alignment, or have two 2-Tech DTs and two EDGE players in a 2-4, we should be okay.

This is a rebuilding year in many ways, and if the upside of this is faster development of Hunter, that will pay dividends next year.

• Like 1

Man this is a hit at a position that really can't take too many more hits. I really hope this doesn't keep Mason from running the style of defense that he wants to run. We may have to go with a smaller quicker NT if none of the big boys can step up. Hopefully Fair is attacking this season like Fairly did and will be a beast but i have trouble counting on a guy with his reputation of not being the hardest worker. Young Lee Hunter may have to come in ready to play lots of minutes as well. Tough ask physically for the kid but at least that is one position where learning the scheme won't be a problem. Stay low and don't let them push you back!

Pegues could be an interesting option at NT. I think we would have to go with more of a slanting DL if we used him. Just have our guys constantly shooting gaps. If you can use his athletic ability and quickness to get in the backfield then that can disrupt what the offense is trying to do. I played center in HS and we played a 3-4 team once and they had 2 NTs they alternated between. One was about 350lbs and that kid could not be moved but you didn't have to worry about him making a tackle unless you ran right into him. The other was about 150 lbs and quick as a cat. He never went straight ahead and his whole goal was just to out quick the OL. 

That story just to say a 330lb roadblock is not a requirement of running the 3-4 defense. 

15 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Pegues could be an interesting option at NT.

That's intriguing. Wonder what his weight distribution and strength are after summer workouts.

6 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Best of luck to TT. Hope whatever is going on he can work through it .

Best post of the day.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Best post of the day.

I hate to lose him. He was consistent. A bring a lunch pale kind of guy. I saw him as a free agent with an opportunity to play pro ball wether it be Canada or NFL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

This may be a purposefully ambiguous statement. If it is meant that the door can be reopened and Mr.Truesdell wants it opened, hope it works out. If situation is that he is moving on, great luck to him in future endeavors.

18 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Emphasis on "as of RIGHT NOW" or "AS OF RIGHT NOW"?

I.e. Could he come back or is this the end for him?

I've heard that language several times and I can't think of a time when it was in reference to a guy who ended up returning.

Best of luck to the big fella. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

This may be a purposefully ambiguous statement. If it is meant that the door can be reopened and Mr.Truesdell wants it opened, hope it works out. If situation is that he is moving on, great luck to him in future endeavors.

He's gone:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1