Truesdell absent from practice

God Cam It

1 minute ago, Hank2020 said:

This may be a purposefully ambiguous statement. If it is meant that the door can be reopened and Mr.Truesdell wants it opened, hope it works out. If situation is that he is moving on, great luck to him in future endeavors.

Harsin has since clarified that he's not with the team. Period. 

No telling what it actually is but it's unfortunate. For Auburn's sake I hope he just got buried on the depth chart. 

If it's something personal it's gotta be bad. He's one of the very few using that bonus COVID year. It would be ignorant to assume it's a commitment issue. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

Harsin has since clarified that he's not with the team. Period. 

No telling what it actually is but it's unfortunate. For Auburn's sake I hope he just got buried on the depth chart. 

If it's something personal it's gotta be bad. He's one of the very few using that bonus COVID year. It would be ignorant to assume it's a commitment issue. 

Oh man. I figured he'd be our number 1 guy.......this sucks but we have to move on. I wish him the best though

18 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

The only thing I know is that he has now been confirmed to be a quitter.  Good riddance.  I was a student at Auburn when Pat Dye came and shook up the house.  Quitters quit left and right. 

And that was a good thing for Auburn football.  We thrived after that.

Why being so harsh on the guy . It hasn’t be said what’s his reasons are. Why not wish him well and move on. It’s not that serious.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

The only thing I know is that he has now been confirmed to be a quitter.  Good riddance.  I was a student at Auburn when Pat Dye came and shook up the house.  Quitters quit left and right. 

A little unfair. This guy came back for an EXTRA year. Could have moved on or gone pro. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Oh man. I figured he'd be our number 1 guy.......this sucks but we have to move on. I wish him the best though

Yeah I think best case it's a sign that Tony Fair, Lee Hunter, Zykeivous Walker, and some others have just shown out enough that he saw it fit to essentially retire? It always sucks we never get full stories on things like this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Smh.....ok. I guess you'll just look like an ass if it something that you had no clue about. But you was a student back when Dye came so I know you guys didn't ever quit. You probably wanted 3 miles to get from class to class in 5 minutes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MaxCohen216 said:

are you saying you played for dye?

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Smh.....ok. I guess you'll just look like an ass if it something that you had no clue about. But you was a student back when Dye came so I know you guys didn't ever quit. You probably wanted 3 miles to get from class to class in 5 minutes!

They went uphill, in the snow, both ways, while dragging their 10 brothers and sisters on a sled.

Calling him a quitter isn't cool at all. There's something more to this. You don't stick around for a bonus COVID year without having a lot of drive and motivation. Maybe in 5 years he'll do a radio interview and we'll hear some version of what happened.

• Like 3

Just now, Zeek said:

They went uphill, in the snow, both ways, while dragging their 10 brothers and sisters on a sled.

Calling him a quitter isn't cool at all. There's something more to this. You don't stick around for a bonus COVID year without having a lot of drive and motivation. Maybe in 5 years he'll do a radio interview and we'll hear some version of what happened.

If nothing else you would think him playing 4 years would mean enough to at least not disrespect him....just how some "fans" are though. That's why I always emphasize on here that recruits make sure to do what's best for them because alot of that love and loyalty isn't real. If for any reason things don't go to plan, you're the one that has tolive with it. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

At first folks were saying it's a family issue, which made total sense to me since he left after going through all that conditioning, but Harsin's answer today makes me think it may have not been on good terms. I'd think if it was indeed family issues he'd give an answer like "Tyrone and his family are going through a difficult time right now and our thoughts are with them." But instead we got the "He is no longer a part of this team" answer, which is as blunt as it gets, especially for a dude like Harsin who gives paragraphs of answers for even the most simple questions. Makes me think he very well could have quit, fallen down the depth chart and quit, or told to move on by Harsin. Regardless, disappointing loss and I wish him well 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Zeek said:

@Zeek No doubt about it. A quitter doesn't work his way into the starting lineup last year, decide to come back for another year, go through spring camp and then summer workouts that included running stadium steps. He did all that so he could have a big year and set himself to get drafted. It was all right there for him and it's a shame but nobody knows the story. They say it was family so that's where it should be left imo.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

yes.  4+ years of busting his azz,  then he went through the hardest ,  most boring  part, spring and summer workouts.  Then, just when he gets to the fun part,  he left.  Seems like a bad time to just quit.    There is more to this story and it is probably a private issue.  He is not a quitter,  or at least I don't think that is likely.

Edited by Quietmaninthecorner
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, au302 said:

At first folks were saying it's a family issue, which made total sense to me since he left after going through all that conditioning, but Harsin's answer today makes me think it may have not been on good terms. I'd think if it was indeed family issues he'd give an answer like "Tyrone and his family are going through a difficult time right now and our thoughts are with them." But instead we got the "He is no longer a part of this team" answer, which is as blunt as it gets, especially for a dude like Harsin who gives paragraphs of answers for even the most simple questions. Makes me think he very well could have quit, fallen down the depth chart and quit, or told to move on by Harsin. Regardless, disappointing loss and I wish him well 

Who cares? You are over analyzing something that doesn’t need to be analyzed. CBH is respecting his privacy and being professional and we should all do that too. If it is a family issue it is not up to CBH to put it out there like that. It is no one’s business but his and his coach. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

Like I said. Catnip for these wannabe keyboard tough guy douchebags who think that other people being tough when they were young meant they were, too. Clearly growing up the way he did has made him a happy and well-adjusted person who sees the good in the world. 

PS, for said wannabe tough guys- A whole lotta those tough, selfless, "non-quitters" endured unnecessary hardships for the rest of their lives so that they could play a few more football games or do another gymnastics routine. I'm so glad that kids are no longer being taught that their own health and happiness, as well as their ability to provide for their families down the road, is secondary to some misguided notion of fleeting glory that will primarily benefit people who will never share that locker room and who will certainly never put their bodies on the line for that common goal.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Like I said. Catnip for these wannabe keyboard tough guy douchebags who think that other people being tough when they were young meant they were, too. Clearly growing up the way he did has made him a happy and well-adjusted person who sees the good in the world. 

PS, for said wannabe tough guys- A whole lotta those tough, selfless, "non-quitters" endured unnecessary hardships for the rest of their lives so that they could play a few more football games or do another gymnastics routine. I'm so glad that kids are no longer being taught that their own health and happiness, as well as their ability to provide for their families down the road, is secondary to some misguided notion of fleeting glory that will primarily benefit people who will never share that locker room and who will certainly never put their bodies on the line for that common goal.

I agree completely. Thank God for change!

13 hours ago, MaxCohen216 said:

talk about making a good impression with the board.

• Haha 1