Chances Harsin gives his post scrimmage presser via zoom from home??

W.E.D

Just now, DAG said:

I do disagree because I think that’s a very imbalance stance . Speak  if you got the vaccination but if you don’t have it don’t share it. It’s one thing if a player does that but the face and leader of a program. It’s very inconsistent message IMO.

Again, I don't know what conversations are being held privately, and whether that's something Harsin is choosing to share with the team. It very well may be, and I'm much more sympathetic to your argument if that's the context. 

I just know that if Harsin used his platform to discuss why he isn't vaccinated publicly, it would almost certainly be construed as an endorsement of his position, when the University is strongly encouraging people to get vaccinated. I think discussing it publicly would be irresponsible, and potentially dangerous to those listeners who probably need to get vaccinated, but feel comforted in their decision not to because Auburn's football coach agrees with them. 

I also don't know what Harsin's reasons might be. What if they are based on conspiracy filled nonsense? Would it show good leadership for him to discuss why he's skeptical of vaccinations because of the threat of corporate globalism? Vaccinations are a talisman of the devil? I know I'm being extreme here, but that's a can of worms that probably doesn't need to be opened publicly. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Saban is where he is partly because he consistently does the opposite of what some here proposition themselves to agree with. 

What cheat? I mean pay players because they do believe it or not I don’t really care .

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am saying he should advocate for himself by explaining why he did or did not do it. You can’t advocate for others unless there is an explicit need to do so. 

It is very difficult to advocate that position, due to the absence of anything real to support that position, other than how someone feels or wild hypotheticals...It would also be a position in direct conflict with his employer's position and that of the medical team that supports his team on a daily basis.  I get what you are saying, but he would injure himself greatly should he go that route.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Barnacle said:

Again, I don't know what conversations are being held privately, and whether that's something Harsin is choosing to share with the team. It very well may be, and I'm much more sympathetic to your argument if that's the context. 

I just know that if Harsin used his platform to discuss why he isn't vaccinated publicly, it would almost certainly be construed as an endorsement of his position, when the University is strongly encouraging people to get vaccinated. I think discussing it publicly would be irresponsible, and potentially dangerous to those listeners who probably need to get vaccinated, but feel comforted in their decision not to because Auburn's football coach agrees with them. 

I also don't know what Harsin's reasons might be. What if they are based on conspiracy filled nonsense? Would it show good leadership for him to discuss why he's skeptical of vaccinations because of the threat of corporate globalism? Vaccinations are a talisman of the devil? I know I'm being extreme here, but that's a can of worms that probably doesn't need to be opened publicly. 

I’m not looking for you to be sympathetic quite frankly. I am saying that leaders shouldn’t be afraid to run from complicated conversations even in the face of opposition or being wrong. Historically, if people in leadership roles did that , we wouldn’t have made nearly as much progress in society. We can agree to disagree. 

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

It is very difficult to advocate that position, due to the absence of anything real to support that position, other than how someone feels or wild hypotheticals

So then that goes to my next point. If that is the case then should this guy really be our leader ? I will stop right there. It might be getting a little too real in here with that discussion.  But IMO he is more than a coach. He is a leader and I do think leaders should be able to make decisions and have some sort of rationale for their foundation. We can even speak in practical terms. This isn’t solely isolated to COVID. 

31 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am saying he should advocate for himself by explaining why he did or did not do it. You can’t advocate for others unless there is an explicit need to do so. 

If Harsin is against the vaccine then only one thing comes to my mind:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt"

I'd love it if Harsin was publicly supportive of the vaccine like strong leaders are in this situation, but if he's not going to do that then I think it's best for him to not say anything and at least have a bit of reasonable doubt out there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I’m not looking for you to be sympathetic quite frankly. 

I meant agreeable to your argument. I know you don't need my sympathy! Good discussion. 

3 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

If Harsin is against the vaccine then only one thing comes to my mind:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt"

I'd love it if Harsin was publicly supportive of the vaccine like strong leaders are in this situation, but if he's not going to do that then I think it's best for him to not say anything and at least have a bit of reasonable doubt out there. 

I believe he has very minimum reasonable doubt except with people who agree with his position to not get vaccinated. That’s totally fine , but understand if that affects our season, I don’t want to hear gnashing and grinding of teeth. 

Edited by DAG

I’m thinking if General Patton was alive and came to Auburn . He would take Harsin a a few others and go to war and tell the rest to fend for yourselves! 

Edited by eagle12

And again this discussion doesn’t solely have to be with Covid. Let’s talk football. Say CBH adapts the position that we should always do onside kicks and go for It on fourth down all the time. As the leader and head coach of the team, I kind of want to know his rationale for it. I don’t think just being neutral on that topic is very sufficient for him. I am not talking about players or the water boy or even the GA. Btw, there is a coach who does this in Arkansas . You should look him up. He was very successful at the high school level.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eagle12 said:

I’m thinking if General Patton was alive and came to Auburn . H e would take Harsin a a few others and go to war and tell the rest to fend for yourselves! 

General patton understood risk and benefits. I think you need to learn history. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

And again this discussion doesn’t solely have to be with Covid. Let’s talk football. Say CBH adapts the position that we should always do onside kicks and go for It on fourth down all the time. As the leader and head coach of the team, I kind of want to know his rationale for it. I don’t think just being neutral on that topic is very sufficient for him. I am not talking about players or the water boy or even the GA. Btw, there is a coach who does this in Arkansas . You should look him up. He was very successful at the high school level.

Interested to see what that guy does at the FCS level this year. It's a fun approach to the game. The old Tecmo Bowl strategy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

General patton understood risk and benefits. I think you need to learn history. 

O yeah I have! He did  what most wouldn’t do ! I don’t think risk was in his vocabulary.

Edited by eagle12
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah I think our disagreement isn't over the principle, it's over the application of that principle. There are many contexts where good leadership demands that one be willing to take and defend a position. 

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Interested to see what that guy does at the FCS level this year. It's a fun approach to the game. The old Tecmo Bowl strategy. 

and he had rationale as to why he chose to coach that way. You don’t have to agree with it but I respect that he at least provided rationale.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah I think our disagreement isn't over the principle, it's over the application of that principle. There are many contexts where good leadership demands that one be willing to take and defend a position. 

Correct . However, the decision being made not only may potentially impact health but it could potentially affect the outcome of our game. That is a major risk you are doing and that’s fine. I just kind want to know the rationale of you taking such risk.

7 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

I’m thinking if General Patton was alive and came to Auburn . He would take Harsin a a few others and go to war and tell the rest to fend for yourselves! 

Did Patton have a habit of going into battle unprepared? Maybe you’re thinking of Custer?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

O yeah I have! He did  what most wouldn’t do ! I don’t think risk was in his vocabulary.

Then you no nothing about true military strategy . That is called being reckless and you can’t afford to do that when the decisions you make impact more than yourselves. This distinction needs to be made but for whatever reason some of you don’t get that. 

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Did Patton have a habit of going into battle unprepared? Maybe you’re thinking of Custer?

He went to kick the enemies ass ! He wouldn’t wait for a vaccination to do it!

21 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

I am sure general patton was all for charging right into resistance without any guns or protective gear . Yeah let’s just do that .

Edited by DAG

13 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

I’m thinking if General Patton was alive and came to Auburn . H e would take Harsin a a few others and go to war and tell the rest to fend for yourselves! 

Ok? 

This is college football and covid we’re talking about. 

Whether  the corpse of Patton would want Harsin to fight in WW2 isn’t very relevant. 

Besides...the military will mandate the vaccine so Harsin would have to get it before he and Patton went to war anyway.

Edited by CoffeeTiger

I know this is a long way off but imagine having to forfeit the Bama game. The trickle down affect. The fans, players and surrounding businesses all lose on something that has a solution. I am hopeful this is fixed by the Penn State game worst case scenario. Lastly correct me if I am wrong but wasn’t that the reason Tank missed the bowl game .

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, eagle12 said:

I never saw anyone prove themselves so stupid in such a short amount of time on this board, congrats.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, eagle12 said:

He went to kick the enemies ass ! He wouldn’t wait for a vaccination to do it!

This is exhibit A as to why CBH is probably staying quiet lol. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Then you no nothing about true military strategy . That is called being reckless and you can’t afford to do that when the decisions you make impact more than yourselves. This distinction needs to be made but for whatever reason some of you don’t get that. 

Well would you say that the current military strategy is working today ? Because that’s exactly what or how it’s run now!