The Nip has arrived!!!

WarTim

I logged on this morning just to see if this was posted. I walked outside about 5am and thought to myself "football weather"!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WarTim said:

Sitting on the sun porch this morning at 4:30 am. It really has been a week long process. The HS band doing a fundraiser. They actually played the AU fight song!!  Neighbor fired up his smoker. Storm laid a nice carpet of leaves on the lawn. But what put me over the top was the cool breeze and 62 degree temp. So…..Rejoice I say Rejoice!! The Nip was officially declared at 4:36 am EDT on this day of our Lord 9/1/21. The Auburn Tigers are preparing for the season ,God is in His Heaven, and all is right with the World!!!

Still 80 degrees at 4:30 this morning on the gulf coast but good to see it's happening elsewhere. Looks like we'll get some mid 70 overnight temps in the next few days and that'll start feeling a little like fall, for around here anyway.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

john-travolta-well.gif

Guessing it may not be officially "official" yet...🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I knew it!  This morning walking the kids to the bus stop for school it just felt different outside today, mostly in part to Ida rolling through.

• Like 3

I felt it this morning as well! let the dogs out, and there was a chill breeze and leaves in the air. It may have been artificial - at least, it was due to a tropical system vs the changing of the season - but I gave a little shiver and said "football..."

War damn.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Let it be, let it be, LET IT BE!

Whisper words of wisdom…

• Like 1

I'm waiting for these low 60s, upper 50s lows the next couple mornings in Huntsville.  Windows gonna be open all night

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It was cool in Auburn last night with the rain. I put on a light jacket for a happy hour on the front porch.

Edited by Proud Tiger
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I'm waiting for these low 60s, upper 50s lows the next couple mornings in Huntsville.  Windows gonna be open all night

I live over in Athens. Hey neighbor.

10 minutes ago, stoic-one said:

:bananadance:

tbyQJXC.jpg

:bananadance:

The photo has been unfurled in all of it’s  fall footballs glory.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, McFU said:

I knew it!  This morning walking the kids to the bus stop for school it just felt different outside today, mostly in part to Ida rolling through.

Enjoy every minute of it. It goes by so fast. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WarTim said:

Sitting on the sun porch this morning at 4:30 am. It really has been a week long process. The HS band doing a fundraiser. They actually played the AU fight song!!  Neighbor fired up his smoker. Storm laid a nice carpet of leaves on the lawn. But what put me over the top was the cool breeze and 62 degree temp. So…..Rejoice I say Rejoice!! The Nip was officially declared at 4:36 am EDT on this day of our Lord 9/1/21. The Auburn Tigers are preparing for the season ,God is in His Heaven, and all is right with the World!!!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e479tpr3yqbjffebfhjjk

• Haha 1