Racism in Texas

homersapien

The pic that started it all, understand that the set of pics that were the problem for these Racist Parents were A DECADE OLD. They were posted to his FB account and had been up for 10 years. They were professionally shot around 2010 or 2011. They feature fully clad, lovingly married adults. If you have an issue with these pics, in the context of an openly Very Christian Married Couple, then you are the problem.

Whitfield said he received an email from the district about a beachside photoshoot he took with his wife, Kerrie, for their anniversary a decade ago

The couple had hired a professional photographer to take pictures of them at the beach for their anniversary a decade ago. Whitfield had the photos up on his social media

• Sad 1

On 9/3/2021 at 2:42 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Like I said; if you believe American has not progressed since the 1860s I can see how CRT is relevant, however, America has made great strides since that decade.  It’s not perfect, but America is still striving to get it right.  

The fact that a black man is running for the Governor of California and is leading the polls by 15 points if Newsom is recalled debunks any thought of a certain race being oppressed systematically.  Interestingly enough, the LA Times has called Larry Elder the black face of white supremacy, which means the liberal press cares more about the leftist ideology than race.

Does it still happen?  I’m sure it does, but not wide spread as CRT would have you believe.

Straw man.  No one has suggested that.  At all.

• Thanks 1

https://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2017/science-genetics-reshaping-race-debate-21st-century/

I’m on my phone so it’s hard to copy the entire article here….but some good information based on previous research as genetic capabilities have increased over the years. 

15 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

https://sitn.hms.harvard.edu/flash/2017/science-genetics-reshaping-race-debate-21st-century/

I’m on my phone so it’s hard to copy the entire article here….but some good information based on previous research as genetic capabilities have increased over the years. 

It’s interesting that the article was written in 2017 when we just finished a Presidential election that one side focused on identity politics.  The individual self, in my opinion, was highlighted over any kind of national cohesion.  Fast forward 5 years and we see where the foundation of this type of thought process originated.  Enter CRT:

In their work Critical Race Theory: An Introduction, first published in 2001, the legal scholars Richard Delgado (one of the founders of CRT) and Jean Stefancic discuss several general propositions that they claim would be accepted by many critical race theorists, despite the considerable variation of belief among members of the movement. These “basic tenets” of CRT, according to the authors, include the following claims: (1) Race is socially constructed, not biologically natural. (2) Racism in the United States is normal, not aberrational: it is the common, ordinary experience of most people of colour. (3) Owing to what critical race theorists call “interest convergence” or “material determinism,” legal advances (or setbacks) for people of colour tend to serve the interests of dominant white groups. Thus, the racial hierarchythat characterizes American society may be unaffected or even reinforced by ostensible improvements in the legal status of oppressed or exploited people. (4) Members of minority groups periodically undergo “differential racialization,” or the attribution to them of varying sets of negative stereotypes, again depending on the needs or interests of whites. (5) According to the thesis of “intersectionality” or “antiessentialism,” no individual can be adequately identified by membership in a single group. An African American person, for example, may also identify as a woman, a lesbian, a feminist, a Christian, and so on. Finally, (6) the “voice of colour” thesis holds that people of colour are uniquely qualified to speak on behalf of other members of their group (or groups) regarding the forms and effects of racism. This consensus has led to the growth of the “legal story telling” movement, which argues that the self-expressed views of victims of racism and other forms of oppression provide essential insight into the nature of the legal system.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/critical-race-theory

Can any nation survive this type of thinking?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s interesting that the article was written in 2017 when we just finished a Presidential election that one side focused on identity politics.  The individual self, in my opinion, was highlighted over any kind of national cohesion.  Fast forward 5 years and we see where the foundation of this type of thought process originated.  Enter CRT:

In their work Critical Race Theory: An Introduction, first published in 2001, the legal scholars Richard Delgado (one of the founders of CRT) and Jean Stefancic discuss several general propositions that they claim would be accepted by many critical race theorists, despite the considerable variation of belief among members of the movement. These “basic tenets” of CRT, according to the authors, include the following claims: (1) Race is socially constructed, not biologically natural. (2) Racism in the United States is normal, not aberrational: it is the common, ordinary experience of most people of colour. (3) Owing to what critical race theorists call “interest convergence” or “material determinism,” legal advances (or setbacks) for people of colour tend to serve the interests of dominant white groups. Thus, the racial hierarchythat characterizes American society may be unaffected or even reinforced by ostensible improvements in the legal status of oppressed or exploited people. (4) Members of minority groups periodically undergo “differential racialization,” or the attribution to them of varying sets of negative stereotypes, again depending on the needs or interests of whites. (5) According to the thesis of “intersectionality” or “antiessentialism,” no individual can be adequately identified by membership in a single group. An African American person, for example, may also identify as a woman, a lesbian, a feminist, a Christian, and so on. Finally, (6) the “voice of colour” thesis holds that people of colour are uniquely qualified to speak on behalf of other members of their group (or groups) regarding the forms and effects of racism. This consensus has led to the growth of the “legal story telling” movement, which argues that the self-expressed views of victims of racism and other forms of oppression provide essential insight into the nature of the legal system.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/critical-race-theory

Can any nation survive this type of thinking?

With the possible exception of #3, I think it's right on.