Supreme Court plays coward. Get raped in Texas and u can be forced to have the baby.

AU9377

https://www.al.com/news/2021/09/texas-will-eliminate-all-rapists-gov-greg-abbott-says-in-defense-of-abortion-law.html

Gov. Greg Abbott, responding to a question about how Texas’ new abortion law would impact victims of rape and incest, said the state would employ aggressive tactics to “eliminate all rapists from the streets of Texas.”

“Rape is a crime, and Texas will work tirelessly to make sure that we eliminate all rapists from the streets of Texas by aggressively going out and arresting them and prosecuting them and getting them off the streets,” Abbott said on Tuesday, responding to a question from a reporter after he signed the divisive GOP elections bill into law.

--------------------------------------------------

So is Abbott saying that Texas hasn't been aggressively going after and arresting rapists before now...or.....?

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

https://www.al.com/news/2021/09/texas-will-eliminate-all-rapists-gov-greg-abbott-says-in-defense-of-abortion-law.html

Gov. Greg Abbott, responding to a question about how Texas’ new abortion law would impact victims of rape and incest, said the state would employ aggressive tactics to “eliminate all rapists from the streets of Texas.”

“Rape is a crime, and Texas will work tirelessly to make sure that we eliminate all rapists from the streets of Texas by aggressively going out and arresting them and prosecuting them and getting them off the streets,” Abbott said on Tuesday, responding to a question from a reporter after he signed the divisive GOP elections bill into law.

--------------------------------------------------

So is Abbott saying that Texas hasn't been aggressively going after and arresting rapists before now...or.....?

Or…if a woman believes she is raped, say so and don’t wait 6 WEEKS to see if she is pregnant.  Time is now a factor.

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Or…if a woman believes she is raped, say so and don’t wait 6 WEEKS to see if she is pregnant.  Time is now a factor.

It can take weeks after conception before a pregnancy is even verifiable through testing. For best accuracy It's recommended to wait to test for pregnancy till after a missed period, which for some women can take up to 40 days, which is getting up to almost 6 weeks. 

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

It can take weeks after conception before a pregnancy is even verifiable through testing. For best accuracy It's recommended to wait to test for pregnancy till after a missed period, which for some women can take up to 40 days, which is getting up to almost 6 weeks. 

If a woman does not want the baby of a rapist, in the state of Texas, she will have to be vigilant and have things in order if she becomes pregnant.  That seems to be what she will face now.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

If a woman does not want the baby of a rapist, in the state of Texas, she will have to be vigilant and have things in order if she becomes pregnant.  That seems to be what she will face now.

If she’s poor.

If she’s got money or is the mistress of a TX lawmaker then they’ll just pay for her to go to a neighboring state for the abortion. 

9 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

If she’s poor.

If she’s got money or is the mistress of a TX lawmaker then they’ll just pay for her to go to a neighboring state for the abortion. 

I can’t disagree with this statement.

18 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Her other options are to either get online and figure out how to force herself to miscarry the undeveloped fetus, look for someone who does abortions illegally in their back bedroom for extra money or drive to a more civilized state and have a safe professionally performed abortion by a licensed physician.  What can the state do next?  Can they forced all pregnant women to submit to monthly or weekly exams by a state doctor to ensure they are taking the supplements that the state will mandate?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

What can the state do next?  Can they forced all pregnant women to submit to monthly or weekly exams by a state doctor to ensure they are taking the supplements that the state will mandate?

This actually sounds like the Biden Administration forcing vaccines on their citizens, an interesting parallel.  Corporations are considering forcing their employees to get the vaccine or lose their jobs.  We see that with police and firefighters all across the nation.  They have already instituted daily/weekly Covid tests to make sure you aren’t infected only if you are not vaccinated.  It’s a crazy world.

• Facepalm 1

:-\

I don't think you really understand the word "parallel".

And no one is being "forced" to get vaccinated, much less by Biden, so apparently you don't really understand the word "forced" either.

And it's not a "crazy" world in which vaccinations are offered and recommended in the middle of a pandemic.

So you are 0 for 3 in this one post alone.

Edited by homersapien

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Her other options are to either get online and figure out how to force herself to miscarry the undeveloped fetus, look for someone who does abortions illegally in their back bedroom for extra money or drive to a more civilized state and have a safe professionally performed abortion by a licensed physician.  What can the state do next?  Can they forced all pregnant women to submit to monthly or weekly exams by a state doctor to ensure they are taking the supplements that the state will mandate?

Has RU 486 been banned?

Should make for a good black market if so.

Edited by homersapien

13 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I don't think you really understand the word "parallel".

And no one is being "forced" to get vaccinated, much less by Biden. Apparently you don't really understand the word "forced" either.

The Biden administration is toughening its vaccination policy for the federal workforce.

President Joe Biden has signed an executive order requiring COVID-19 vaccines for all federal employees, according to a source familiar with the White House’s plans, who wasn’t authorized to speak publicly ahead of an announcement unveiling the new policies.

Biden is also expected to unveil an additional order extending the requirement to federal contractors, the source said.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said federal employees will have 75 days to get vaccinated. Agencies will provide counseling to those who fail to comply, and employees may face “progressive discipline,” in accordance with the government’s traditional personnel policies, she added.

“The expectation is that if you want to work in the federal government or be a contractor, you need to be vaccinated,” she told reporters during Thursday afternoon’s press briefing.

https://federalnewsnetwork.com/workforce/2021/09/biden-will-now-require-vaccines-for-all-federal-employees-via-new-executive-order/

Is there a basic human right you are NOT willing to give up to the government?

• Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is there a basic human right you are NOT willing to give up to the government?

Says the guy who refuses vaccination in the middle of a pandemic. :rolleyes:

Again, no one is forcing anyone to get vaccinated.  Employers - including government employers - have a right and responsibility to protect their workforce from preventable deaths in a pandemic.

If staying unvaccinated is that important to you, you have the option of quitting your job.  (And you may even ultimately qualify for the anti-vaxxer honor roll!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

Again, no one is forcing anyone to get vaccinated.  Employers - including government employers - have a right and responsibility to protect their workforce from preventable deaths in a pandemic.

If staying unvaccinated is that important to you, you have the option of quitting your job.  (And you may even ultimately qualify for the anti-vaxxer honor roll!)

You assume too much. I am for personal choice though.  

The employees are given a choice true, but when this administration is telling corporations to require vaccinations where would an employee turn for another job?

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

This actually sounds like the Biden Administration forcing vaccines on their citizens, an interesting parallel.  Corporations are considering forcing their employees to get the vaccine or lose their jobs.  We see that with police and firefighters all across the nation.  They have already instituted daily/weekly Covid tests to make sure you aren’t infected only if you are not vaccinated.  It’s a crazy world.

Are you under the impression that vaccine mandates are in any way something new?  They aren't.  Some things are necessary for public health and safety reasons.  People have overwhelmingly supported that in every public health emergency we have ever faced. Unfortunately, they would now rather listen to what uncle billy joe said somebody told him at work or saw on Youtube than what their own doctors advise.

15 hours ago, homersapien said:

Funny how "If you're scared stay home" worked for the disease but now doesn't work for the cure, isn't it?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

You assume too much. I am for personal choice though.  

The employees are given a choice true, but when this administration is telling corporations to require vaccinations where would an employee turn for another job?

To an employer who has less than 100 employees.  At least you will be endangering fewer people, which is progress.

Think of this pandemic as an enemy in war.  A good leader will mobilize the country to fight it, including mandatory measures such as the draft and/or rationing.

This is not about you as an individual.  It's about your community and the country you live in.  It's about our collective effort to fight an enemy of all of us.  It shouldn't be just "me, me, me".

You don't get that. 

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Are you under the impression that vaccine mandates are in any way something new?  They aren't.  Some things are necessary for public health and safety reasons.  People have overwhelmingly supported that in every public health emergency we have ever faced. Unfortunately, they would now rather listen to what uncle billy joe said somebody told him at work or saw on Youtube than what their own doctors advise.

No, I’m aware of vaccine mandates.  The *mandates* for MMR, for example, are for the young to enter school, now a parent can get a waiver for there child if they do not have the vaccine.  Polio was another *mandated* vaccine and is very affective.  I grew up in a generation that believed in what the government was saying and, for the most part, they were correct.  Now, there are conflicting opinions that are not considered by the censors of information.  Why have we not heard a lot about therapeutics in Joe’s 6 part plan to fight Covid?  That would save more lives for the people that are not vaccinated.  But, alas, they are the enemy, according to some they should die a horrible death for not succumbing to the boot heels of government. 

You say some things are necessary for public health and safety reasons do, but who gets to decide? They fact that people overwhelmingly support every public health emergency we have ever faced is overwhelmingly due to fear.  We have lived with this virus for a year and a half, you should know how to deal with it by now and each individual has the right to *vote* on how he/she handles his own life.

About half of the deaths in the US have been people over the life expectancy in America (about 78 years old).  If you are under 50, your chances of survival is like 99%.  Protect the vulnerable, get vaccinated as you feel appropriate and let people live their lives.  That has worked for years and will work as time goes on.

Uncle Billy Joe is believing the *science* that fits his narrative. Joe Biden is believing the same thing, but he is forcing the entire nation to believe what he believes.

During times of *existential* threats the powerful will convince the public they need more power.  How many *existential* threats are we living through now?

• Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, I’m aware of vaccine mandates.  The *mandates* for MMR, for example, are for the young to enter school, now a parent can get a waiver for there child if they do not have the vaccine.  Polio was another *mandated* vaccine and is very affective.  I grew up in a generation that believed in what the government was saying and, for the most part, they were correct.  Now, there are conflicting opinions that are not considered by the censors of information.  Why have we not heard a lot about therapeutics in Joe’s 6 part plan to fight Covid?  That would save more lives for the people that are not vaccinated.  But, alas, they are the enemy, according to some they should die a horrible death for not succumbing to the boot heels of government. 

You say some things are necessary for public health and safety reasons do, but who gets to decide? They fact that people overwhelmingly support every public health emergency we have ever faced is overwhelmingly due to fear.  We have lived with this virus for a year and a half, you should know how to deal with it by now and each individual has the right to *vote* on how he/she handles his own life.

About half of the deaths in the US have been people over the life expectancy in America (about 78 years old).  If you are under 50, your chances of survival is like 99%.  Protect the vulnerable, get vaccinated as you feel appropriate and let people live their lives.  That has worked for years and will work as time goes on.

Uncle Billy Joe is believing the *science* that fits his narrative. Joe Biden is believing the same thing, but he is forcing the entire nation to believe what he believes.

During times of *existential* threats the powerful will convince the public they need more power.  How many *existential* threats are we living through now?

The best, if not only way to protect the vulnerable - along with everyone else - is to get vaccinated. As long as we have a large percentage of unvaccinated people, this pandemic will stay with us.

Ignorance is no longer an excuse.  Even for someone who writes *science*. 

You have a totally selfish attitude.

Edited by homersapien

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

To an employer who has less than 100 employees.  At least you will be endangering fewer people, which is progress.

Think of this pandemic as an enemy in war.  A good leader will mobilize the country to fight it, including mandatory measures such as the draft and/or rationing.

This is not about you as an individual.  It's about your community and the country you live in.  It's about our collective effort to fight an enemy of all of us.  It shouldn't be just "me, me, me".

You don't get that. 

Sure I do, but in times of war the initial battles are bloody with large loss of life totals.  As the Generals understand the enemy they strategically battle to control the outcome.

In the beginning of this *war* there was buy in for the most part.  Most of the country had mask mandates and *essential* workers.  From there it became political.  There were Governors that felt the one size fits all approach did not work for their state and was supported by the President of the U.S., but media and political opposition didn’t agree and the nation became divided over a virus.  How was that going to work?  It doesn’t.  I know you will say Trump did everything wrong, but consider in 2020 we had 380,000 deaths due to Covid, in 2021, so far, there are 280,000 deaths and that’s only 9 months in and Joe had the vaccine.

Joe has completely divided the country that he was suppose to unify.  Most people that are vaccine hesitant, by racial groups, are African Americans and Hispanics, and as the President has said; “if you don’t know who to vote for, you ain’t black”.  Yet the media and the WH push the narrative it’s all the Republican’s fault.  Some posters on here believe the unvaccinated are the true enemy of this *war*, yes our fellow Americans.

I’ll ask you; why haven’t the Administration said more about therapeutics for those unwilling to get vaccinated?  What is the focus only on the vaccine?

• Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Think of this pandemic as an enemy in war.

Been saying this the entire time. If this virus had a brown face and spoke a different language, the response would be much more "patriotic".

Fun fact: If a bomb went off in a full Jordan Hare stadium and it killed the same percentage of football fans as the percentage of Americans that Covid has killed, you'd have 175-180 dead football fans.

Can you imagine the response from this country if that happened? Can you imagine the safety protocols that would be implemented and that these people would gladly submit to for the rest of their lives? We still take off our damned shoes to get on an airplane and that bomb didn't even work!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

How many *existential* threats are we living through now?

Well, we are gradually approaching 700,000 deaths - of all ages, so at least one.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Well, we are approaching 700,000 deaths - of all ages, so at least one.

And Joe is responsible for almost half of those deaths.  Why did the death counts stop after the inauguration?

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1