tonight boise state vs central florida

aubiefifty

10 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Too bad you think it's necessary to continue to bash Gus instead of having a little class. 

You're actually making it more fun to do so by getting all defensive about it. I bet you're Kristi Malzahn.

15 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

You're actually making it more fun to do so by getting all defensive about it. I bet you're Kristi Malzahn.

My desire for Boise to win had more to do with a general dislike for UCF (the whole national title claim after the bowl win against AU became silly and obnoxious) than anything to do with Gus. However, if you broke it down to a Gus like/dislike thing I suppose I’d say I want the former team of the current AUburn coach to do well in hopes that it’s a harbinger of things to come rather than hoping the current team of the former AUburn coach do well because, gosh darnit, he’s such a nice and admirable guy. 

On 9/3/2021 at 11:51 PM, Tigerbelle said:

There isn't a real problem. It was a nice thing for Bruce to show his support for Gus. 

Some people are just so invested in hating Gus that they can't stop. 

It be like that

Truthfully, I couldn't care less about Gus, other than being ecstatic that he is no longer taking the fun out of Auburn football for me. Gus Malzahn lives a charmed life, and has made millions of dollars, not necessarily by his coaching acumen, but by being in the right place at the right time. He would still be coaching high school football in Arkansas if not for Mitch Mustain, and a few others that Arkansas was so desperate to recruit. Long story short, Gus parlays that a few years later into a ridiculous contract at Auburn for basically one good season, and several mediocre ones. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, but myself, nor any other Auburn fan owes him anything. This isn't even my argument, but I think it needed to be said. 

• Thanks 1