“Show up, give a s*** and repeat.”

SRBautigerfan

19 minutes ago, looney said:

Should we change the thread title to:

"Smoke up, drink up, stop giving a s***, repeat"?

Possibly. My go to drink for decades has been Maker's Mark. I don't do anything exotic with it. Sometime I mix it 1 to 2 with Seagram's ginger ale and sometime just Makers with an ice cube. Either way it's a very fine drink.

• Like 2

If you fellas ever run across this Kings County Peated Bourbon, do yourselves the favor.

(Note: they make another non-peated variety which is good, but I love the smoke.)

Screenshot_20210918-111622.png

Starting the day with Bell's Octoberfest before switching to Basil Hayden's neat later.  Not usually a Basil Hayden fan, but the selection at this Minnesota liquor store was limited.

Edited by Brad_ATX

6 hours ago, fredst said:

Bacon in general makes everything better. Benton’s, however, is on a higher plane. That is the best bacon in the history of  bacons. It should be served as a featured entree at fine restaurants 

It’s all over menus in the Nashville area. Great stuff. 

5 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Starting the day with Bell's Octoberfest before switching to Basil Hayden's neat later.  Not usually a Basil Hayden fan, but the selection at this Minnesota liquor store was limited.

Bought a 6er of Bell’s Oktoberfest last week. Easily crushable. 

Pre-gaming with this:

jwNRGBY.jpg

• Love 3

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Bought a 6er of Bell’s Oktoberfest last week. Easily crushable. 

Pre-gaming with this:

jwNRGBY.jpg

That American Psycho glass is fantastic

3 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Found one @Tigerbelle

No you didn't. Thinking that the word sh** is a little bit low class for a team motto doesn't make anyone a "pearl clutcher."  That's very much a misogynistic term anyway, and that's why I disliked it. It was a thumbs down on "pearl clutcher".....since it was on THAT post. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

46 minutes ago, fredst said:

How so?

Because women wear pearls.....almost exclusively. And that term has a negative and very condescending meaning. 

Another misogynistic and very demeaning term that gets used a lot here is"douche" which should be self-explanatory. 

Our kids are listening to this stuff.....which is the biggest negative of all.

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

No you didn't. Thinking that the word sh** is a little bit low class for a team motto doesn't make anyone a "pearl clutcher."  That's very much a misogynistic term anyway, and that's why I disliked it. It was a thumbs down on "pearl clutcher".....since it was on THAT post. 

Why be offended? There is no need/

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

“Pearl clutcher” is almost exclusively used by the feminist left these days. Maybe you can keep your holier-than-thou posting over on the baseball board now that our former coach doesn’t need you defending his honor any longer. I’m sure that the football players appreciate you protecting them like you are though, lol. GMAFB

You've got to be s***ting me.....  Talk about eating your own.

2 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Is there a post game thread?  Where are we supposed to talk about the game?

Basketball forum.

• Haha 1

This game looked exactly like many other games have looked.  The play calling in this game was actually worse than I've seen in many other close losses.  That first play out of the half was an epic fail.

Don't get Bobo. Guy has got to realize our strengths are at RB. Still salty about that 4th down call. 

Just now, AU9377 said:

This game looked exactly like many other games have looked.  The play calling in this game was actually worse than I've seen in many other close losses.  That first play out of the half was an epic fail.

By some accounts, the open field was there. 

#5 just dropped the ball, untouched.

What say you?

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Don't get Bobo. Guy has got to realize our strengths are at RB. Still salty about that 4th down call. 

Man I am absolutely angry with bobo. Terribly called game . No logic behind it 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, looney said:

By some accounts, the open field was there. 

#5 just dropped the ball, untouched.

What say you?

That is a risk you don't take in that area of the field coming out of the half.  If we were playing Akron, go for it, but we were playing a top 10 team with athletes all over the field

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

That is a risk you don't take in that area of the field coming out of the half.  If we were playing Akron, go for it, but we were playing a top 10 team with athletes all over the field

Fair.

But.

Is it fair to say it was a bad play call if the only thing keeping it from working was a fluke self-inflicted drop?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, fredst said:

I have two degrees from Auburn and have supported Auburn emotionally and financially for probably longer than you’ve been alive. Don’t lecture me (at least until you can spell “grief”) about being “Auburn” (unless you’re endowing a scholarship too, then fire away)

You've got absolutely no idea.  But I'm so proud for you and your two (English?) degrees.  Old man.