“Show up, give a s*** and repeat.”

SRBautigerfan

Such a 180 from what it used to be. Good god I’m so ready for tomorrow. I was pumped for the 2019 Iron Bowl but jeez this might be a tad more. 

We can prove so much. I don’t want to get dramatic but this could be a pivotal win in Auburn football history if things shake out in the positive down the road. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, woodford said:

Such a 180 from what it used to be. Good god I’m so ready for tomorrow. I was pumped for the 2019 Iron Bowl but jeez this might be a tad more. 

We can prove so much. I don’t want to get dramatic but this could be a pivotal win in Auburn football history if things shake out in the positive down the road. 

Agree, it's really nice being excited about a big game instead. We're not there by any means yet but when Dye was there I always felt like we could win. I have missed this feeling. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Home Brew here.   Old Time Pale Ale.   "Saloon Door".  6 months of aging tomorrow.     MMMmmmmm.

cold crash 2.jpg

Very nice. Haven’t brewed in like 6-7 years. I miss it. Hope I can do it again soon. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quietmaninthecorner said:

Home Brew here.   Old Time Pale Ale.   "Saloon Door".  6 months of aging tomorrow.     MMMmmmmm.

cold crash 2.jpg

Woah woah woah!!! Wait a dang second…you aren’t hanging in the beer thread, because?

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Woah woah woah!!! Wait a dang second…you aren’t hanging in the beer thread, because?

how do I not now about this secret beer thread?  Is there a secret knock or something?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Because then he would be the Reallycoolmaninthecorner instead of the Quietmaninthecorner.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Man, I’m so cocktail deficient. Gotta get some proper first….

I finally went for it and built out the bar with a bunch of liqueurs and stuff and now on the weekends we can do some cool stuff. Took awhile, though.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Thanks for the inv.  Posted a bunch of crap like this already.  (L to R)  Wild mountain honey and raspberry mead.   Quart of traditional,  Gallon Of sour Green apple mead.

Traditional Mead Just honey water and yeast.   

• Love 2

3 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

The headline in the OP brings back memories of George Carlin cleverly mocking the phrases and cliche's people commonly utter that make no literal sense at all.

EXACTLY what came to my mind. "Taking one? Screw that, I'm leaving one!"

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, woodford said:

Not to be debbie downer, but the last time I was this pumped for a road game was 2017 Clemson. That one was going to be so damn pivotal. I still think Gus bet on Clemson.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, woodford said:

I don't think it even HAS to be a win.  Its about how we play on the road for a change in a big game.  Remember Pat Dye's first season and the loss at Tennessee?  It led to the famous "spill your guts out" speech and arguably turned the program.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I don't think it even HAS to be a win.  Its about how we play on the road for a change in a big game.  Remember Pat Dye's first season and the loss at Tennessee?  It led to the famous "spill your guts out" speech and arguably turned the program.

Great point. It’s been said all off season that a change in attitude is almost as good as a win. 

I want a tough a bunch of guys, but it’s not just toughness or physicality. I want a group of guys who love the sport and who understand what a privilege it is to play this game and take full advantage of that opportunity. There’s so much potential in everything we (everyone) do. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

"It ain't gonna take a great one. It's gonna take a good one. But we'll take a great one. Let's go!"

55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I finally went for it and built out the bar with a bunch of liqueurs and stuff and now on the weekends we can do some cool stuff. Took awhile, though.

Got a wood chip smoker? Smoked bourbon/whisk(e)y cocktails are game changers.

• Like 2