Firing Squad

DAG

1 hour ago, wcware said:

You are bang on here. I really didn’t understand before the season started how below average we are at every single position on offense besides HB. I’m still actually gonna leave Finley out of this assessment until I see him against a SEC defense but even then it’s so damn hard to judge talent when execution is sooo bad everywhere. Finley’s release is lightning fast which helped him get the ball out with good velocity because he was able to complete his motion and get to his front side sooo much faster than Bo.

I agree with exception of TE. I think we have a solid TE room. they would look even better if someone could get the call to them. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I agree with exception of TE. I think we have a solid TE room. they would look even better if someone could get the call to them. 

I've seen deal look lost a bunch and saw them mess up with blocking a bunch as well 

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

I've seen deal look lost a bunch and saw them mess up with blocking a bunch as well 

Yea. They all are going to make mistakes, but Deal and JSS are solid. Deal was one of the best blockers we had last season and JSS has proven to have sure hands and be effective in both the run game and pass game. Fromm has looked good and shows he can get separation. Not sure what the deal with Frazier or King are yet. I am not saying they are world beaters, but it's a solid group. 

8 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Yea. They all are going to make mistakes, but Deal and JSS are solid. Deal was one of the best blockers we had last season and JSS has proven to have sure hands and be effective in both the run game and pass game. Fromm has looked good and shows he can get separation. Not sure what the deal with Frazier or King are yet. I am not saying they are world beaters, but it's a solid group. 

I'm not saying everybody are decent but I think we need upgrades there. That's what I was saying in my original post and that's the post he was talking about

• Like 1

Just now, cole256 said:

I'm not saying everybody are decent but I think we need upgrades there. That's what I was saying in my original post and that's the post he was talking about

I for sure wouldn't turn down a Darnell Washington or two, but I think TE is probably our second  best room on that side of the ball. I would rate it like this...

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yeah I think because the TE has been totally absent from our offense for so long we don’t know what good to great TE play looks like. I would love to have an athletic guy that is kind of a tweener similar to Pitts from Florida. Those guys are out there but so often  they are forced into a different position because they don’t exactly fit either mold.

Edited by wcware

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I for sure wouldn't turn down a Darnell Washington or two, but I think TE is probably our second  best room on that side of the ball. I would rate it like this...

I definitely think the are above average and are adequate. There is definitely room for more athletes in that room though 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wcware said:

If we don’t bring in at least 7 guys that are ready to play on the Oline immediately, we will really have a gut check next year. I’m really worried 

I don't see that happening, even with the transfer portal.