Firing Squad

DAG

If anyone should be canned..it should be Jimbo and his crazy contract. Based on that money alone he should not lose like he lost today 

Edited by PoetTiger
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

How can Arkansas and Ole Miss get good coaches and we can't?!

Arkansas took a risk on Pittman. Probably the most respected coach at his former position, but just that, a position coach 

Why we didn’t end up with Cristobal last coaching search, that whole runaround still confuses me. Past Mario and the supposed Urban rumor, everyone else was about in the same boat. 

10 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

All y'all Gus bussers y'all realize the team has looked like this with him or maybe even worse. Things may not look good but would not be better If he was retained. Y'all try to make us look bad but y'all are the same hoping for Harsin to fail.

Not to go back and forth but for the sake of conversation the bonheaded calls were a little later in his coaching tenure. The thing about Jsu is they are a major player in there division and they get guys from Auburn and Alabama. This is two weeks of head scratching stuff. The question is should u already be seeing stuff from the current coach that drove people crazy about the prior coac

24 minutes ago, AURex said:

At least Harsin had the balls to pull Bo. I really don't care how much Bo's mechanics have improved, his end results have not improved. He is still a mediocre (at best) SEC QB.

But I'm not putting it all on Bo. There were pre-game threads about show up, give a crap.

The entire team was off in a different world today. The defense was apparently playing in a different parallel universe than this game.

And THAT. IS. ON. HARSIN. and his coaching staff. The entire team was not focused, was not ready.

Looking forward to LSU? It is up to the coaches to make sure that doesn't happen, ever.

I supported the Harsin hire until he proved that he is not the leader I expected him to be by refusing to get vaccinated and contracting COVID and missing critical fall practice time.

I will no longer defend him.

I'm definitely not a gus busser, but I would have taken Steeles D at Penn St.. or today 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, metafour said:

LMAO what a predictably pathetic post from you know who!

Sam Pittman went 3-7 last season in his first year on the job at Arkansas. 3-7. Imagine that, in his 2nd season the team has shown growth.

But we're 3-1 in Harsin's first season and it's time to pull the plug. You're a clown.

How many times do I have to say that those were all SEC games? I would be hunky dory with 3 SEC wins this year and next. As you can tell by my sig, that's what I think our goal should be.

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Arkansas took a risk on Pittman. Probably the most respected coach at his former position, but just that, a position coach 

Why we didn’t end up with Cristobal last coaching search, that whole runaround still confuses me. Past Mario and the supposed Urban rumor, everyone else was about in the same boat. 

Supposedly we had him and then Oregon got bumped into the Pac-12 championship because of a Covid outbreak at Washington. If that is true, it bodes well IF CBH doesn't work out.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

SMH. Same people in here who never liked the Harsin hire from the start pounding their chest taking a victory lap in here for the second straight week.  @AU-24 I expect this from. But come on @AUwent you are better than this bruh.  You take subtle digs at Harsin and staff any recruiting thread you get your fingertips on. Why must we always do this after every coaching hire? Auburn instantly becomes divided. We are never on the same page pulling in the same direction. I at least gave Gus 3 seasons before I got off the Bus. This is game 4......... 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

SMH. Same people in here who never liked the Harsin hire from the start pounding their chest taking a victory lap in here for the second straight week.  @AU-24 I expect this from. But come on @AUwent you are better than this bruh.  You take subtle digs at Harsin and staff any recruiting thread you get your fingertips on. Why must we always do this after every coaching hire? Auburn instantly becomes divided. We are never on the same page pulling in the same direction. I at least gave Gus 3 seasons before I got off the Bus. This is game 4......... 

If we can end the streak next Saturday night, I'll loosen up on CBH. Like, a LOT. He will deserve to be praised for it.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know Bobo was not a popular hire. I was not thrilled with it either tbh. I wanted Jeff Lebby from Ole Miss... but the dude is trying to be balanced but the ABSYMAL QB, OL and WR play will not let us. Bobo is a good OC when he has talent. I do not see the talent on offense right now outside of our 2 RB's. QB, WR and OL are bad bad baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I know Bobo was not a popular hire. I was not thrilled with it either tbh. I wanted Jeff Lebby from Ole Miss... but the dude is trying to be balanced but the ABSYMAL QB and WR play will not let us. Bobo is a good OC when he has talent. I do not see the talent on offense right now outside of our 2 RB's. QB, WR and OL are bad bad baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

And I'm down on us because of that and of the slowness of our recruiting. When I set my recruiting goal for us, I'm assuming we're a team that can get to a bowl on our current talent for a couple of years. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AUwent said:

How many times do I have to say that those were all SEC games? I would be hunky dory with 3 SEC wins this year and next. As you can tell by my sig, that's what I think our goal should be.

Supposedly we had him and then Oregon got bumped into the Pac-12 championship because of a Covid outbreak at Washington. If that is true, it bodes well IF CBH doesn't work out.

gonna have to beat Miami off with a stick if he isn't there by now. But I'm hoping this Harsin fella works out man. Just...really need him to hire a real offensive coordinator....and if this OL continues regressing....maybe don't let that OC hire a OL guy who produced one of the worst lines in the country with a squad of 5 stars at Tennessee 

24 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

So Harsin should be fired based on today …that’s what the thread is about?

READ THE FLIPPIN THREAD. It is me calling myself out for being over zealous. There is no way some of you are capable individuals in real life.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

gonna have to beat Miami off with a stick if he isn't there by now. But I'm hoping this Harsin fella works out man. Just...really need him to hire a real offensive coordinator....and if this OL continues regressing....maybe don't let that OC hire a OL guy who produced one of the worst lines in the country with a squad of 5 stars at Tennessee 

A freaking men. But who would be good realistic candidates? Libby?

Edited by AUwent

23 minutes ago, e808 said:

Not to go back and forth but for the sake of conversation the bonheaded calls were a little later in his coaching tenure. The thing about Jsu is they are a major player in there division and they get guys from Auburn and Alabama. This is two weeks of head scratching stuff. The question is should u already be seeing stuff from the current coach that drove people crazy about the prior coac

As for the stuff that's still happening that drives us crazy..1. Bo is who he is..i don't think a coach can change that 2. The playcalling is tricky because Bobo calls the plays not Harsin 3. For this game he deserves blame for how the team came out but what happened second half of the ASU game is not something that would've happened with Gus 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

A little bit preliminary but I am here... Give me your best shot.

Disappointment isn't even the word. I heard people try to lay this at the foot of Gus. NO! I have seen too many coaches come in and change attitude in season 1. Look at someone like Sam Pittman. Those rag tag hogs are fighting their asses off. I can admit when I am wrong and clearly I was 110% wrong. Even if we were to win this game, I am not impressed. This is three games now, where we have started somewhat slow or down right undisciplined. CDM was a big one for me this summer and he has been awful. The defense has no swagger, they miss tackles and just look plain loss. I am done hearing words. I need to see action now.

Let me have it

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47zhqohvdf4yqhcpbc2l

I don't know if it's just me but the Brian Harsin I see and hear between games and during the summer doesn't seem to show up during games.  Every time I see him during the game he looks like he's just taken a handful of Lorazepam.  I don't want to be to harsh when Auburn wasn't expected to be very good this year anyways but I'm not feeling good about the defense or offense at this point.  Finley's emergence as an effective QB gives me hope but today was a humbling eye opener second guessing everything.  I just hope the effort going forward is better than how today started.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AURex said:

I supported the Harsin hire until he proved that he is not the leader I expected him to be by refusing to get vaccinated and contracting COVID and missing critical fall practice time.

You are talking out of you @$$ spewing straight speculation. Not a soul on this board knows whether Harsin is vaccinated or not. I do not wish for another thread to be ruined with this god awful conversation, but I also hate seeing foolish speculation.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, SRBautigerfan said:

I don't know if it's just me but the Brian Harsin I see and hear between games and during the summer doesn't seem to show up during games.  Every time I see him during the game he looks like he's just taken a handful of Lorazepam.  I don't want to be to harsh when Auburn wasn't expected to be very good this year anyways but I'm not feeling good about the defense or offense at this point.  Finley's emergence as an effective QB gives me hope but today was a humbling eye opener second guessing everything.  I just hope the effort going forward is better than how today started.

I think he is very detailed oriented, but Iono, I think he needs to bring it in some with the coaching staff. We have a lot of knowledgable coaches but the players always seem to be discombobulated early on. I don't care what no one says. There is no reason for us to have been that lacking after a previous loss. I HEARD SOMEONE SAY THIS WAS A TRAP GAME. How? You loss your previous game. You would think you would want to get that disgusting taste out of your mouth. I am not expecting us to run the table. I do expect us to look competent in most if not all of our games. We have looked that way in about two out of four.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Arkansas took a risk, but there also weren't a ton of good candidates lining up to go coach at a program that seemed to be in the lowest of low points. Kind of risk for both sides, really.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

A freaking men. But who would be good realistic candidates? Libby?

I know Ole Miss gave Lebby an extension last year when people were clamoring for him, so who knows what their budget is? I have to think Auburn would weary of really opening the pocket books after firing an OC after 1 season, paying the previous OC (and the previous staff who aren't employed), and maybe losing the AD too. 

Jeff Grimes has Baylor as a top 3 Offense (YPG) in CFB this season and just outlasted arguably the best RB in CFB and Iowa State to win. Outgained significantly, but Baylor was left in some pretty odd straits after Rhule left. That's an ex-Auburn guy that seems bound to come back one of these days 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Arkansas took a risk, but there also weren't a ton of good candidates lining up to go coach at a program that seemed to be in the lowest of low points. Kind of risk for both sides, really.

there is not ONE. SINGLE. PERSON. including the Arkansas AD who though in year 2 Arky would be undefeated and just became Texas state champions. He was like their 7th choice... not even exaggerating. No one wanted that job. It was a dumpster fire that Bert left that place in.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I know Ole Miss gave Lebby an extension last year when people were clamoring for him, so who knows what their budget is? I have to think Auburn would weary of really opening the pocket books after firing an OC after 1 season, paying the previous OC (and the previous staff who aren't employed), and maybe losing the AD too. 

Jeff Grimes has Baylor as a top 3 Offense (YPG) in CFB this season and just outlasted arguably the best RB in CFB and Iowa State to win. Outgained significantly, but Baylor was left in some pretty odd straits after Rhule left. That's an ex-Auburn guy that seems bound to come back one of these days 

Jeff Grimes recruited one of the best O-lines in AU history. He *was* fired by Gus so IDK if he'd come back. But gawd I'd love to offer him back.

@GwillMac6: Exactly. If they can do it, why can't we...

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

Bingo. I mean what in the hell had Arkansas and Ole Miss done for real prior to today. Any SEC west titles? Playoffs? They both have had struggle victories against inferior opponents like Auburn did today. Even Lord Saban lost to LAMO in year one…maybe UA should have canned him 

Harsin's resume doesn't even belong in the stack near Saban's pre alabama resume. He had already won a natty, been an NFL HC, and built a program at MSU All with being one of the best defensive minds to ever coach. 

Harsin coached just didn destroy what other had built, but definitely didn reach their levels. 

Just now, AUwent said:

Jeff Grimes recruited one of the best O-lines in AU history. He *was* fired by Gus so IDK if he'd come back. But gawd I'd love to offer him back.

Yup def agree. Last time we recruited great at OL he was the main reason.