Firing Squad

DAG

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I was one of the ones laughing when they said this guy was the next Urban Meyer. If I didn’t laugh, I would probably cry.

When in doubt, if you ever agree with or this person is agreeing with you....look in the mirror and edit your post to say the complete opposite on what you originally wrote. That's the best advice I can give

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, DAG said:

People can say what they want about Sam Pittman but he went 3-7 and was competitive in a good amount in an all-sec conference schedule last year. Guess how many conference games Arkansas won the two previous  years? Zero. Yes that is right folks, under chad Morris, they went 0-16 in conference games over a two year span and won two games each of those previous years against cupcakes. I highly doubt they would've been 3-7 in a regular year. Let's have some perspective. They will probably be a top ten team next week. ARKANSAS. I am very interested to see how they do against UGA.

and-thats-the-gospel-truth.gif

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

I would be hunky dory with 3 SEC wins this year and next.

I'm still willing to bet you get your 3 SEC wins this year. Would that really make you happy?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cbo said:

I'm still willing to bet you get your 3 SEC wins this year. Would that really make you happy?

Close in most losses (after 2011 have to use that qualifier) and a top 20 recruiting class, oh yes!

Edited by AUwent

1 minute ago, cbo said:

Miss state, LSU, USCe.

Arkansas man is physical but I think we can get them. I believe their QB got hurt.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Close in most losses (after 2011 have to use that qualifier) and a top 20 recruiting class, oh yes!

My guess is we get blown out in one game and the rest are pretty close. 

Recruiting class will be borderline top 20. You know I share your concerns about recruiting. This game didn’t help. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Miss state, LSU, USCe.

Arkansas man is physical but I think we can get them. I believe their QB got hurt.

I’m not impressed with A&M. That’s another possible win. 

• Like 2

Just now, cbo said:

My guess is we get blown out in one game and the rest are pretty close. 

Recruiting class will be borderline top 20. You know I share your concerns about recruiting. This game didn’t help. 

You and I are probably thinking the same game is the most likely. But yes top 20 and we're good for this year. 😎

• Like 1

Just now, cbo said:

I’m not impressed with A&M. That’s another possible win. 

Those Auburn and Aggies games are always weird 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

You and I are probably thinking the same game is the most likely. But yes top 20 and we're good for this year. 😎

We won’t be ready for GA in two weeks. 

1 minute ago, cbo said:

I want to beat them so much more than Bama. One of these days. 

I hate to say it but I think they will win it all this year. Damn you Kirby!

• Like 1

Arky is unquestionably a better team than us right now and is playing a lot better (obviously. Duh.). However I think we match up well with them. Ole miss on the other hand..... We are going to struggle against teams with a good passing game. On paper we match up well with arky and tamu. Now with how putrid our offense looks it still might not matter.

Edited by GwillMac6

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

His predecessor Chris Peterson inherited a pretty good Boise team too.and he was considered a pretty good coach. And he took over 7-win Sark's Washington team and got them a few conference championships and a playoff appearance.

I think maintaining a successful program (and for 7 years) stills shows competent coaching. I mean how of us weren't salivating when the rumors of Jimmy Rayne flying in Lincoln Riley to interview were swirling around? 

Are you now comparing Riley to harsin? 

Congrats to a dude who kept his team stacked and good in the mountain west. So far he doesn't have much going for him resume wise over many of the other lower mid tier coaches. Especially given the atmosphere and cultural differences in his old job to here. 

He may pan out as a great coach, but he was no where near a Saban pre alabama, Riley, kiffen, freeze, etc level hire. 

Hopefully he figures it out. 

3 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Even Lord Saban lost to LAMO in year one…maybe UA should have canned him 

Lord Saban had already won a national title, and was sitting at number one in recruiting in the country, the day he lost to LAMO. The Bammers had a reason to believe he was going to pull them in the right direction. Auburn has yet to see one thing that would steer us to believe that this guy is anything more than talk and optics. Harsin may turn out to be the best coach we’ve ever had. But you can’t compare him to Saban’s first year at Bama. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Miss state, LSU, USCe.

This team won’t beat any of those teams the way they played today. 

44 minutes ago, AUGunsmith said:

Are you now comparing Riley to harsin? 

Congrats to a dude who kept his team stacked and good in the mountain west. So far he doesn't have much going for him resume wise over many of the other lower mid tier coaches. Especially given the atmosphere and cultural differences in his old job to here. 

He may pan out as a great coach, but he was no where near a Saban pre alabama, Riley, kiffen, freeze, etc level hire. 

Hopefully he figures it out. 

I hope that if we need to make a change in a couple years that we're capable of luring someone as good as Kiffin.

6 hours ago, DAG said:

A little bit preliminary but I am here... Give me your best shot.

Disappointment isn't even the word. I heard people try to lay this at the foot of Gus. NO! I have seen too many coaches come in and change attitude in season 1. Look at someone like Sam Pittman. Those rag tag hogs are fighting their asses off. I can admit when I am wrong and clearly I was 110% wrong. Even if we were to win this game, I am not impressed. This is three games now, where we have started somewhat slow or down right undisciplined. CDM was a big one for me this summer and he has been awful. The defense has no swagger, they miss tackles and just look plain loss. I am done hearing words. I need to see action now.

Let me have it

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47zhqohvdf4yqhcpbc2l

I feel the same way about Mason. He's supposed to be this great defensive mind. But through three games I don't see it. Maybe the benching of Bo will be the kick in the ass the offense needs.

6 hours ago, AUwent said:

How can Arkansas and Ole Miss get good coaches and we can't?!

Let’s be honest here. NO ONE on this board would have accepted a Sam Pittman type hire. EVER.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2