Firing Squad

DAG

2 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

This blame/bash Gus logic is senseless

Theses are exactly the same players that went up to Happy Vally last week and went toe to toe with Penn St and should have won the game if we were better coached. Now we struggle against a 1-2 Ga. Southern team that completely outplayed us and its Gus's fault? My god we have the most illogical fan base in the SEC...

Thank you! I don’t agree with all of this but most of it. I don’t even like Gus. Heck even CBH said it in his post game. He was pissed . You can tell he was embarrassed. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

That’s all fine . I never said CBH didn’t come in with an empty room. My point was the guy said the lack-a-dasical play was due to Gus. My friend said the inability for Boise being able to finish games were due to CBH.  I don’t see itthe logic in any of those type of comments. And I don’t think that guy does either hence why he refused to carry on the conversation. It is not CBH fault Boise State let UCF come back and beat them nor more than it is Gus’s fault we had to take the lead with one minute left against Georgia Southern. If anyone else want to argue those points I am game. 

I completely get where you are coming from. Honestly, It is nothing more than fans trying to absolve blame from the current staff in their minds to be able to sleep better at night and keep hope alive IMO.

Edited by Tigerpro2a

2 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

This blame/bash Gus logic is senseless

Theses are exactly the same players that went up to Happy Vally last week and went toe to toe with Penn St and should have won the game if we were better coached. Now we struggle against a 1-2 Ga. Southern team that completely outplayed us and its Gus's fault? My god we have the most illogical fan base in the SEC...

You are quoted the wrong one. I am not blaming Gus for what happened yesterday. That is on a different poster. I simply was stating my opinion on both sides of the spectrum and saying maybe there is a little truth to both sides. Do you dispute anything I said in the "here is what we know" part of my post? 

You say we should have won the game if better coached. There is some truth to that for sure. We also should have won the game if the players executed what was called. Bo over throws 2 TDs. Smoke and Co completely wiff on coverage multiple times. The point I am making is....much like with the before mentioned topic, things are not always completely black and white. 

FYI I put 99% of the blame for the debacle yesterday on the current staff. 

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

You are quoted the wrong one. I am not blaming Gus for what happened yesterday. That is on a different poster. I simply was stating my opinion on both sides of the spectrum and saying maybe there is a little truth to both sides. Do you dispute anything I said in the "here is what we know" part of my post? 

You say we should have won the game if better coached. There is some truth to that for sure. We also should have won the game if the players executed what was called. Bo over throws 2 TDs. Smoke and Co completely wiff on coverage multiple times. The point I am making is....much like with the before mentioned topic, things are not always completely black and white. 

FYI I put 99% of the blame for the debacle yesterday on the current staff. 

My fault. Guess I was confused by the statements about how CHM left us with.....

2 hours ago, japantiger said:

So if you are a good OC, you adjust to the talent you have and focus on what you can do; and not try to continually do what you can't.  Lot of talk about ARky...prime example of a staff not being cute and doing what they can do.  They have a good QB; very good runner; decent passer; one good RB and one good WR.  Look at their performance today....they controlled the tempo of the game against A&M.  They played to their script; played hard inspired ball and won.  They didn't try to do what they can't do. 

We keep trying to do what we cannot do.  It is criminal for this team to throw more than 20 passes.  #4 and #27 should get at least 20-25 carries a piece.  Throw to the RB's; throw to the TE...Occasionally take a shot to keep them honest...but only with the right matchups.  If Bobo is a good OC; he will adjust.  I just don't see it yet.  We got lucky today.  The offense played well enough to lose today.  Special teams and Defense won the game.

Fam, did we just watch the same game? Our OL just got manhandled by Georgia freaking state. Their dl was pushing our guys in to the backfield and tank was getting stuffed for 2 yard losses or no Gain way to many times. The pass wasn't working but the run wasn't either. I'm not gonna  blame our oc for that. What exactly did you want him to adjust to? This is not even as close to as simple as ohhh we need a better oc. The main problem (among many I might add) is we need a much better OL at every. Single. Position. Along. The. Line.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 3

Just now, tbone4jc said:

My fault. Guess I was confused by the statements about how CHM left us with.....

You're good man. I am just looking at it objectively from both sides, really. Not my fight, though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Fam, did we just watch the same game? Our OL just got manhandled by Georgia freaking state. Their dl was pushing our guys in to the backfield and tank was getting stuffed for 2 yard losses or no Gain way to many times. The pass wasn't working but the run wasn't either. I'm not gonna  blame our oc for that. What exactly did you want him to adjust to? This is not even as close to as simple as ohhh we need a better oc. The main problem (among many I might add) is we need a much better OL at every. Single. Position. Along. The. Line.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47wshtkta7ejr5uz16rd

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It's not just o line. We need an upgrade in talent every position on offense besides hb

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DAG said:

And that is a fair point. Thanks for actually answering. I just want this guys making these baseless claims to actually try to make the case. I am of the point that ramifications definitely can impact your program for sure. However, the preparation, the response, the attitude is up to the current coach. I don't know how it was Gus's fault that we looked lost for about 75% of the game last night. However, if we would've killed this team, I am willing to bet none of that credit would've went to Gus. I am not turning in my fan card. I consider myself a truly objective fan and I am rooting for CBH and the boys. 

Do you want to seriously compare the mountain west to the SEC we are sandwich in between the 2 biggest giants right now in this league and country, so, base on what Harsin has inherited compared to Avalos is night and day one is a first time coach!! so, I can see some struggles from Avalos, but, Harsin has a total rebuilding job and by the way one coach took over from a coach who was fired and the other one was from a coach who left his program. my point is that the stain from our previous coach has to be clean and scrubbed out before we can start to catch up to our rivals and to be competitive going forward. was this game plan and the way Auburn played yesterday was Gus fault no, but, the buy product is.

44 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

Do you want to seriously compare the mountain west to the SEC we are sandwich in between the 2 biggest giants right now in this league and country, so, base on what Harsin has inherited compared to Avalos is night and day one is a first time coach!! so, I can see some struggles from Avalos, but, Harsin has a total rebuilding job and by the way one coach took over from a coach who was fired and the other one was from a coach who left his program. my point is that the stain from our previous coach has to be clean and scrubbed out before we can start to catch up to our rivals and to be competitive going forward. was this game plan and the way Auburn played yesterday was Gus fault no, but, the buy product is.

Reading comprehension my man. Did I ever argue otherwise majority of what you just said? You yourself just said the game plan last night wasn’t Gus fault, which is where my criticism was for CBH, yet you come in here ranting about how I need to turn in my fan card because I have such criticism. You are talking about rivals and catching up with them and I am critiquing the preparation of Georgia southern and how that is unacceptable. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Their dl was pushing our guys in to the backfield and tank was getting stuffed for 2 yard losses or no Gain way to many times.

I did not watch last year.  Saw the stats.  Tank was all that.  

Something has changed.  Hunter looks quicker and getting the yards.  Tank looks like he can't get anywhere.  Are the Defenses just keying on him and not Jarquez?  If so, seems like you would use that.

I think I remember hearing he put on weight in the weight room.  Has he slowed down? Is he injured?

2 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I am certainly disappointed in this weeks game results, glad we won though. With Gus we would have never pulled that one out I don’t believe as he never changed things up during games. I think way too early to try to pass judgement on the coaching hire. If Alabama had did that Sabin would not have ever made it to 2nd year.

I've never said to nix harsin or anything. Just calling out the Idiocracy of anyone comparing Saban's experience and his 1st year to harsins.

Bobo was an iffy hire. Mason is showing to be iffy. Both will probably be here multiple years so harsin has tied his future to 2 guys whove s*** the bed the last half decade. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Learning reading comprehension my man. Did I ever argue otherwise majority of what you just said? You yourself just said the game plan last night wasn’t Gus fault, which is where my criticism was for CBH, yet you come in here ranting about how I need to turn in my fan card because I have such criticism. You are talking about rivals and catching up with them and I am critiquing the preparation of Georgia southern and how that is unacceptable. 

coaches coach and player play but I'm not going to piss in my pants because we look lethargic, so, what are Clemson fans saying now, FSU, and on and on having some patience will go a long way in helping you cope.

1 minute ago, eaglenest said:

coaches coach and player play but I'm not going to piss in my pants because we look lethargic, so, what are Clemson fans saying now, FSU, and on and on having some patience will go a long way in helping you cope.

So again I am going to ask you since you said I should turn in my fan card , where was I wrong about my criticism of CBH yesterday? You said it was Gus’s fault right ? Now you walking it back. If you don’t have a rebuttal to that then there is nothing else to discuss. 

16 hours ago, AuMarine said:

Man I don’t know.. it is almost like the coaches drilled in his head to stay in the pocket and throw it and not give up and run.. of course that is just speculation.. Tj needs his time with the 1s in practice to get that deep ball right..cuz that was the only flaw I saw with him today. He is definitely not a runner but he does enough to keep the play alive and that’s all we can ask.. these coaches need to ride with him. 

If TJ polishes up his accuracy - especially on long balls - and the receivers step up, we could actually win some SEC games this year. 

Otherwise, it will be interesting to see how CBH recruits the OL in the next couple of years.

Edited by homersapien
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2021 at 7:51 PM, DAG said:

You can kick rocks. Gus got enough props and enough critiquing. He deserves all of that. I don't mind eating crow for being very over confident regarding CBH, but I stand by everything I said about Gus. The good and bad. So yeah can move on with that crap. Gus makes ZERO adjustments. At the very minimal CBH at least proved to me he will adjust when his feet is at the fire.

I think it's a little early to cook the crow. 

IMO, as an Auburn fan, having high hopes for Harsin is totally natural and understandable. I started feeling that way starting with his first press conference.  Now that we understand he's not going to work miracles right out of the gate,  the "buyers remorse" emerges. That's natural too.

He's about to enter the SEC fire (for the very first time).  IMO, we'll be lucky to win three more games.  That will take us to the more realistic guesses - including mine - of how many games we win this year, which is 6. 

Even so, talk of replacing him is absurdly premature.

Edited by homersapien

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I think it's a little early to cook the crow. 

IMO, as an Auburn fan, having high hopes for Harsin is totally natural and understandable. I started feeling exactly the same way starting with his first press conference.  Now that we understand he's not going to work miracles right out of the gate,  the "buyers remorse" emerges. That's natural too.

He's about to entire the SEC fire (for the very first time).  IMO, we'll be lucky to win three more games.  That will take us to the more realistic guesses - including mine - of how many games we win this year, which is 6. 

Even so, talk of replacing him is absurdly premature.

I agree I never called to fire the guy. Only that I am in wait and see after four games. I jumped out the window and totally homering for him, but now I am Missouri. I am not rooting against him and I am not calling him the next Saban. 

5 hours ago, japantiger said:

So if you are a good OC, you adjust to the talent you have and focus on what you can do; and not try to continually do what you can't.  Lot of talk about ARky...prime example of a staff not being cute and doing what they can do.  They have a good QB; very good runner; decent passer; one good RB and one good WR.  Look at their performance today....they controlled the tempo of the game against A&M.  They played to their script; played hard inspired ball and won.  They didn't try to do what they can't do. 

We keep trying to do what we cannot do.  It is criminal for this team to throw more than 20 passes.  #4 and #27 should get at least 20-25 carries a piece.  Throw to the RB's; throw to the TE...Occasionally take a shot to keep them honest...but only with the right matchups.  If Bobo is a good OC; he will adjust.  I just don't see it yet.  We got lucky today.  The offense played well enough to lose today.  Special teams and Defense won the game.

You totally missed what makes Arky good…. their offensive line are maulers. That is why they are successful in their system 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, DAG said:

A little bit preliminary but I am here... Give me your best shot.

Disappointment isn't even the word. I heard people try to lay this at the foot of Gus. NO! I have seen too many coaches come in and change attitude in season 1. Look at someone like Sam Pittman. Those rag tag hogs are fighting their asses off. I can admit when I am wrong and clearly I was 110% wrong. Even if we were to win this game, I am not impressed. This is three games now, where we have started somewhat slow or down right undisciplined. CDM was a big one for me this summer and he has been awful. The defense has no swagger, they miss tackles and just look plain loss. I am done hearing words. I need to see action now.

Let me have it

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47zhqohvdf4yqhcpbc2l

No argument here. I think Harsin needs a chance to recruit the QB that he feels is right. Nix has had ample opportunities to succeed, but for some reason or another, he is not The Guy. Now the play calling leaves a lot to be desired as well as the DC. This season will unravel quickly if things aren’t shored up. We won’t beat Arky, as their D is for real. Ole Miss is out of our league. Bama and GA are light years ahead of us. Not convinced that we beat LSU in Baton Rouge until it actually happens. Miss State and TAMU are toss ups. Not very optimistic until I see better play against SEC competition. Afraid Tank leaves after this year which would be really bad. Hope I’m very wrong. 

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

It's not just o line. We need an upgrade in talent every position on offense besides hb

You are bang on here. I really didn’t understand before the season started how below average we are at every single position on offense besides HB. I’m still actually gonna leave Finley out of this assessment until I see him against a SEC defense but even then it’s so damn hard to judge talent when execution is sooo bad everywhere. Finley’s release is lightning fast which helped him get the ball out with good velocity because he was able to complete his motion and get to his front side sooo much faster than Bo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Reading comprehension my man. Did I ever argue otherwise majority of what you just said? You yourself just said the game plan last night wasn’t Gus fault, which is where my criticism was for CBH, yet you come in here ranting about how I need to turn in my fan card because I have such criticism. You are talking about rivals and catching up with them and I am critiquing the preparation of Georgia southern and how that is unacceptable. 

Dude, we all want Auburn to dominate the opponent, but, sometimes that is not the case, tip your hat to Ga state. Auburn could have very well been in the same boat as Minnesota yesterday, maybe Harsin should  have taken a page from Saban and had one of those press conference to send a message to his team to get them focus and motivated... I understand what you are crying about, so, what is your expectation of this staff in year 1?

5 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

Dude, we all want Auburn to dominate the opponent, but, sometimes that is not the case, tip your hat to Ga state. Auburn could have very well been in the same boat as Minnesota yesterday, maybe Harsin should  have taken a page from Saban and had one of those press conference to send a message to his team to get them focus and motivated... I understand what you are crying about, so, what is your expectation of this staff in year 1?

I am crying but you are too much of pansy to answer my question. My expectations have been posted ten times over for CBH. So why don't you stick to your main point. You said yesterday game was Gus's fault. Which point of the game was Gus's fault? You keep deflecting. You can't even make a coherent post. You opened this door and now you have zero logical response. Be a man and stick to your points. Or you can say "You know what I was wrong, Gus had nothing to do with how the team performed yesterday."

Edited by DAG

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am crying but you are too much of pansy to answer my question. My expectations have been posted ten times over for CBH. So why don't you stick to your main point. You said yesterday game was Gus's fault. Which point of the game was Gus's fault? You keep deflecting. You can't even make a coherent post. You opened this door and now you have zero logical response. 

Ok DAG, you win,Gus is not at fault for yesterday $hit show, but a win is a win. Gus is no longer the head coach at Auburn, but, I love our new HEAD COACH!!! and i am willing to see the process through. WAR EAGLE!

Just now, eaglenest said:

Ok DAG, you win,Gus is not at fault for yesterday $hit show, but a win is a win. Gus is no longer the head coach at Auburn, but, I love our new HEAD COACH!!! and i am willing to see the process through. WAR EAGLE!

That is fair. I love our new head coach too I just need to see more and you can tell by CBH voice he expects that too. WDE.