Firing Squad

DAG

Kiffin is a great offensive mind and play caller without question. I will say this though. He inherited more offensive talent at Ole Miss than Harsin did at AU.

• Like 4

This game was off from the beginning. The offense was off the entire game until TJs 2nd drive. The defense finally woke up in the 2nd half, thank you Zakoby! 

I do think y'all are a little too antsy with the trigger finger about giving up on the new coaching staff. I am as embarrassed as everyone by the product we put on the field today but it is only the 4th game. Let's see how the season plays out, how our young men respond and how the coaches improve and give our boys a chance for success.

War Eagle guys and gals!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Kiffin is a great offensive mind and play caller without question. I will say this though. He inherited more offensive talent at Ole Miss than Harsin did at AU.

image.gif.d41045f4cf51b09a78b38ee6a73c7a00.gif

7 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Lord Saban had already won a national title, and was sitting at number one in recruiting in the country, the day he lost to LAMO. The Bammers had a reason to believe he was going to pull them in the right direction. Auburn has yet to see one thing that would steer us to believe that this guy is anything more than talk and optics. Harsin may turn out to be the best coach we’ve ever had. But you can’t compare him to Saban’s first year at Bama. 

But some here have said Auburn regardless of coach should never lose to a Sunbelt team, hell even struggle with one. We are in the mighty SEC., more talent, $, fans, etc. So was Alabama at that time, and the reason fans at UA have forgotten about it is because what Saban has done since his first year. Now do I think Harsin will duplicate that, odds are he will not. So don’t even mention that. But Auburn and the fan base should not be pulling the rug from under the man because of a hard fought victory against a GState team. And as I said earlier if Nix is executing and not overthrowing receivers, we are probably not even having this conversation. I also saw a coach who did not panic and he took the 3, instead of forcing 4th downs. Regrouped the defense in 2nd half and made a much needed QB change that probably was the key to the win. This program has to be rebuilt and it will not occur in 4 games. Games like this let’s Auburn know, we ain’t there yet, got to keep working or anyone can beat you.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

This team won’t beat any of those teams the way they played today. 

I agree. SADLY 

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

My only issue with Kiffin is it seems his teams put up great offensive numbers but just for whatever reason can never get over the hump. He always has been a great OC.

• Like 1

Woke up this morning to Clemson losing, Kansas state losing, OU still struggling, etc. It is a weird college football season. Heres to hoping we found ourselves a QB, the coordinators can get themselves in gear and we are ready to piss some LSU fans off this Saturday evening.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, DAG said:

A little bit preliminary but I am here... Give me your best shot.

Disappointment isn't even the word. I heard people try to lay this at the foot of Gus. NO! I have seen too many coaches come in and change attitude in season 1. Look at someone like Sam Pittman. Those rag tag hogs are fighting their asses off. I can admit when I am wrong and clearly I was 110% wrong. Even if we were to win this game, I am not impressed. This is three games now, where we have started somewhat slow or down right undisciplined. CDM was a big one for me this summer and he has been awful. The defense has no swagger, they miss tackles and just look plain loss. I am done hearing words. I need to see action now.

Let me have it

gugiphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47zhqohvdf4yqhcpbc2l

WRONG!!! Gus is to blame along with this fan base for allowing GUSTVA to STAY here to LONG, these players are undeveloped that's why we see them get man handle at times, our weight room had crime seen tape at the door. GUS made out of Auburn with more money then wells fargo and why? who's fault was that? our recruiting has suffered under him and the powers that be tried to hide it with guess what $$$$$ and we see the results of winning or let's just say beating Saban!! but nothing to show for it. Harsin will get this team and program where it needs to be but a PROCESS is needed and a complete over haul as well because of letting a clown of a coach STAYED TO LONG!!!!!!!!!! y'all want instant milk, Harsin said in his press conference when he was hired, you want it NOW or you want it done RIGHT....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

WRONG!!! Gus is to blame along with this fan base for allowing GUSTVA to STAY here to LONG, these players are undeveloped that's why we see them get man handle at times, our weight room had crime seen tape at the door. GUS made out of Auburn with more money then wells fargo and why? who's fault was that? our recruiting has suffered under him and the powers that be tried to hide it with guess what $$$$$ and we see the results of winning or let's just say beating Saban!! but nothing to show for it. Harsin will get this team and program where it needs to be but a PROCESS is needed and a complete over haul as well because of letting a clown of a coach STAYED TO LONG!!!!!!!!!! y'all want instant milk, Harsin said in his press conference when he was hired, you want it NOW or you want it done RIGHT....

This times a thousand:hellyeah:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

To each their own, I didn’t know Gus was at fault for us barely beating Georgia Southern. That’s just not what type of fan I am. I guess CBH is at fault for Boise State being 2-2. Actually one of my Boise friends texted me that last night , ironically. Based on your logic, what he said is true. I am from the school of accountability. So if we fail, it is because of Gus, but if we find success, it is because of CBH? Is that where we are going ? I really want to understand your logic. 

Edited by DAG
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

To each their own, I didn’t know Gus was at fault for us barely beating Georgia Southern. That’s just not what type of fan I am. I guess CBH is at fault for Boise State being 2-2. Actually one of my Boise friends texted me that last night , ironically. Based on your logic, what he said is true. I am from the school of accountability. 

you need to decide if you want to turn in your Auburn fan card or grow a set and be patient, as some has stated, Saban lost to ULM in his first year, Kirby has built a monster over in Athens, guess what Auburn did? allowed a in over his head coach to stay here to long while those guy's built monster programs and we are complaining about why we are were we're at.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eaglenest said:

you need to decide if you want to turn in your Auburn fan card or grow a set and be patient, as some has stated, Saban lost to ULM in his first year, Kirby has built a monster over in Athens, guess what Auburn did? allowed a in over his head coach to stay here to long while those guy's built monster programs and we are complaining about why we are were we're at.

So do you want to have a discussion or keep making baseless accusations . You opened this door. So let’s have a discussion . You said that yesterday was Gus’s fault ? So I am going to ask you a simple question . Is Boise state being 2-2 CBH fault ? It is a simple question. NS and Kirby Smart has nothing to do with this. Stop running and stop deflecting. Be a man and let’s have a discussion. 

Edited by DAG

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

So do you want to have a discussion or keep making baseless accusations . You opened this door. So let’s have a discussion . You said that yesterday was Gus’s fault ? So I am going to ask you a simple question . Is Boise state being 2-2 CBH fault ? It is a simple question. NS and Kirby Smart has nothing to do with this. Stop running and stop deflecting. Be a man and let’s have a discussion. 

I would say CBH has the same accountability for how he left the BSU program as Gus had for how he left Auburn. I guess it’s up to each of us to decide how relevant that is. I know any coach worth his salt would never pass blame to a previous administration so neither will I. 

1 minute ago, wcware said:

I would say CBH has the same accountability for how he left the BSU program as Gus had for how he left Auburn. I guess it’s up to each of us to decide how relevant that is. I know any coach worth his salt would never pass blame to a previous administration so neither will I. 

And that is a fair point. Thanks for actually answering. I just want this guys making these baseless claims to actually try to make the case. I am of the point that ramifications definitely can impact your program for sure. However, the preparation, the response, the attitude is up to the current coach. I don't know how it was Gus's fault that we looked lost for about 75% of the game last night. However, if we would've killed this team, I am willing to bet none of that credit would've went to Gus. I am not turning in my fan card. I consider myself a truly objective fan and I am rooting for CBH and the boys. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

And that is a fair point. Thanks for actually answering. I just want this guys making these baseless claims to actually try to make the case. I am of the point that ramifications definitely can impact your program for sure. However, the preparation, the response, the attitude is up to the current coach. I don't know how it was Gus's fault that we looked lost for about 75% of the game last night. However, if we would've killed this team, I am willing to bet none of that credit would've went to Gus. I am not turning in my fan card. I consider myself a truly objective fan and I am rooting for CBH and the boys. 

Yep. You are 100% correct. We go out there and take care of business and nobody says “boy I sure am glad Gus left us in such good shape” 😂 that seems crazy when I say it out loud

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I know Bobo was not a popular hire. I was not thrilled with it either tbh. I wanted Jeff Lebby from Ole Miss... but the dude is trying to be balanced but the ABSYMAL QB and WR play will not let us. Bobo is a good OC when he has talent. I do not see the talent on offense right now outside of our 2 RB's. QB, WR and OL are bad bad baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

So if you are a good OC, you adjust to the talent you have and focus on what you can do; and not try to continually do what you can't.  Lot of talk about ARky...prime example of a staff not being cute and doing what they can do.  They have a good QB; very good runner; decent passer; one good RB and one good WR.  Look at their performance today....they controlled the tempo of the game against A&M.  They played to their script; played hard inspired ball and won.  They didn't try to do what they can't do. 

We keep trying to do what we cannot do.  It is criminal for this team to throw more than 20 passes.  #4 and #27 should get at least 20-25 carries a piece.  Throw to the RB's; throw to the TE...Occasionally take a shot to keep them honest...but only with the right matchups.  If Bobo is a good OC; he will adjust.  I just don't see it yet.  We got lucky today.  The offense played well enough to lose today.  Special teams and Defense won the game.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

Harsin's resume doesn't even belong in the stack near Saban's pre alabama resume. He had already won a natty, been an NFL HC, and built a program at MSU All with being one of the best defensive minds to ever coach. 

Harsin coached just didn destroy what other had built, but definitely didn reach their levels. 

I am certainly disappointed in this weeks game results, glad we won though. With Gus we would have never pulled that one out I don’t believe as he never changed things up during games. I think way too early to try to pass judgement on the coaching hire. If Alabama had did that Sabin would not have ever made it to 2nd year.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DAG said:

. I honestly think the whole offense was flat and that comes from leadership.

We don't gave a leader on offense.

Defense was trash until Zakoby came in  the 2nd half. He's a leader of that side. We don't have someone like him on offense 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We don't gave a leader on offense.

Defense was trash until Zakoby came in  the 2nd half. He's a leader of that side. We don't have someone like him on offense 

Once again this is when a player like Seth is missed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Once again this is when a player like Seth is missed

I'm not sure if Seth was that guy either. But yes I'd prefer he be on the team right now 

Edited by W.E.D

If our OL and DL would develop some sort of mean streak I think we will be fine.    Changing a decade of culture takes time.    We need to start playing with an attitude.   It will take 2 years to get this train back on the tracks.  expecting anything else is delusional. 

As of yesterday,  the players look like they are still thinking out there as opposed to reacting.   

Give it some time people.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm not sure if Seth was that guy either. But yes I'd prefer he be on the team right now 

I am. I watched in Dallas. Heard what he said to Bo and everybody else. Clearly the alpha, clearly when he talked they listened. And he was still very productive even when the balls to him wasn't the best

Edited by cole256

2 hours ago, DAG said:

To each their own, I didn’t know Gus was at fault for us barely beating Georgia Southern. That’s just not what type of fan I am. I guess CBH is at fault for Boise State being 2-2. Actually one of my Boise friends texted me that last night , ironically. Based on your logic, what he said is true. I am from the school of accountability. So if we fail, it is because of Gus, but if we find success, it is because of CBH? Is that where we are going ? I really want to understand your logic. 

I don't necessarily believe that the two have to be mutually exclusive. Gus can be at fault for a lot of the problems we have and Boise St could be struggling because of the new staff. On the other hand, it could be totally opposite or somewhere in the middle. 

What we know:

CGM left us with a make shift OL of converted DL, G5 transfers, and a few players most teams would sign for "depth". 

CGM left us with a culture and mindset that I think most of us agree is no where near a championship level.

CGM left us with an "undeveloped" QB room to say the least.

CGM left us with poorly developed WR room. Most of these guys probably had no clue what anything other than an out or a go route is. 

With all that said, CBH is 4 game into his tenure. The first 2 games we came out and looked like we should against inferior opponents.  In week 3, we went to the wire with a legit top 10 team and had a chance to win. Was it pretty? No. Did our Defense look weak as minnow piss? Yes. Was there questionable play-calling? Yes. On the other hand, if Bo executes the plays that were called, we are not in that 4th and 2 to win the game situation because we are already up (speculation, I know) and we probably aren't questioning the play calling so much if at all.

This was one of the worst performances I have seen in a half of football from an AU team in my life on both sides of the ball. I could tell in warm ups we were flat, no energy. Nothing. Often times, with a good coaching staff especially, there is a lot to be gained from a game like this. I for one am looking forward to seeing how we respond moving forward. I think the team and staff have a perfect opportunity to put a lot of the worry to bed this weekend. 

War Damn Eagle.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I don't necessarily believe that the two have to be mutually exclusive. Gus can be at fault for a lot of the problems we have and Boise St could be struggling because of the new staff. On the other hand, it could be totally opposite or somewhere in the middle. 

What we know:

CGM left us with a make shift OL of converted DL, G5 transfers, and a few players most teams would sign for "depth". 

CGM left us with a culture and mindset that I think most of us agree is no where near a championship level.

CGM left us with poorly developed WR room. Most of these guys probably had no clue what anything other than an out or a go route is. 

With all that said, CBH is 4 game into his tenure. The first 2 games we came out and looked like we should against inferior opponents.  In week 3, we went to the wire with a legit top 10 team and had a chance to win. Was it pretty? No. Did our Defense look weak as minnow piss? Yes. Was there questionable play-calling? Yes. On the other hand, if Bo executes the plays that were called, we are not in that 4th and 2 to win the game situation because we are already up (speculation, I know) and we probably aren't questioning the play calling so much if at all.

This was one of the worst performances I have seen in a half of football from an AU team in my life on both sides of the ball. I could tell in warm ups we were flat, no energy. Nothing. Often times, with a good coaching staff especially, there is a lot to be gained from a game like this. I for one am looking forward to seeing how we respond moving forward. I think the team and staff have a perfect opportunity to put a lot of the worry to bed this weekend. 

War Damn Eagle.

That’s all fine . I never said CBH didn’t come in with an empty room. My point was the guy said the lack-a-dasical play was due to Gus. My friend said the inability for Boise being able to finish games were due to CBH.  I don’t see the logic in any of those type of comments. And I don’t think that guy does either hence why he refused to carry on the conversation. It is not CBH fault Boise State let UCF come back and beat them nor more than it is Gus’s fault we had to take the lead with one minute left against Georgia Southern. If anyone else want to argue those points I am game. 

8 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

What we know:

War Damn 

This blame/bash Gus logic is senseless

Theses are exactly the same players that went up to Happy Vally last week and went toe to toe with Penn St and should have won the game if we were better coached. Now we struggle against a 1-2 Ga. Southern team that completely outplayed us and its Gus's fault? My god we have the most illogical fan base in the SEC...