My Watch Has Ended

Zeek

Whole first team O and D needed to be benched. Thankfully Harsin did what Gus wouldn't. Do I think that spells the end of Nix? Not necessarily. But let's not pretend like all problems rested squarely on Bo today.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

from what i can tell is defenses quit worrying about bo's passing ability so they are stopping the run. this has quite a bit to do with our oline. if we have a gunslinger or a great passer the d has to open up so it is not all on the oline altho i wish they would play better. and the three man fronts are horrible to me. we seem to do better on a four man line. whoever the special teams coach is needs a raise or a nice bonus check. no one has said it but the pass to shenker was not a catch. they showed a clip and the ball clearly hit the ground. i love my tigers but i hate to see a smaller school play their ass off and get robbed. am i glad we won? yes. i never pull against auburn. but i will not go bragging to anyone about the win. we were very fortunate.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

If I’m Harsin right after the game ended I carry the players to the practice field. I run 1s on 1s scrimmage until someone goes to the hospital. Then I run the staff until someone resigns . Garbage game. Awful everything, just plain pathetic football.. 

glad to get a win . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, wcware said:

Mason needs to be running bleachers right now

Maybe Zakoby makes that much of a difference but we definitely got right in the second half.

• Like 6

Now we have a major problem with our offense....until we're able to throw it, teams will line up to stop the run...today LSU rushed 3 and had 8 in coverage because MSU can't run...next week it'll be the opposite when we play them....but I still have a problem when I watch other teams and they can throw slants for completions and drag TE's for easy catches and we have so much trouble??? Maybe the rest of the season we'll have a 2 QB system...

The defense at least adjusted and improved significantly in the second half. I suppose you could say the same for CBH being willing to put in Finley. But this looked like a badly coached high school football team for at least 3 quarters. Did they even practice this week? Just scary because it reminded me of the CGM out of conference games where would look like we just woke up and goof around for 3 quarters. I thought that was gone with CBH, you know, not taking elevators and working hard for consistency...This team is incredibly inconsistent (not playing to their potential for 75% of plays).

8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Maybe Zakoby makes that much of a difference but we definitely got right in the second half.

He was getting them lined up right and in position something that was missing in the first half.. having him and Papoe out in the 1st half was a disaster.. the defense was misaligned A LOT  but the 2nd half Zakoby got them right. No excuse for the defensive performance we saw in the first half..

the OL was trash all game long.. and because of lack of recruiting we will have to live with them all season.. TJ was just able to make plays despite them. He is QB 1 ..he has stuff he needs to work on too but give him the time with the 1s and let’s see how it plays out.. Bobo does us no favors with his play calling but at least Finely made plays when we needed it.. Nix looked awful out of the gate and I am glad they let Finely get a shot. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

having him and Papoe out in the 1st half was a disaster

A spread option offense against a newly installed zone defense without the unit leaders is a recipe for 290 yards rushing in the first half 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's not an ideal situation. I was excited to see Finley, and I have probably been one of the more vocal guys calling for a change. That said, I am not taking joy in any of this. I hate to see any quarterback get booed off the field in disgrace like Nix did. I hope he stays ready, and gets ready for his opportunity. I'm just ready to move on and see if this team can improve. They have a ton of work

• Like 1

Questions for @Zeek @WDE_OxPx_2010 or others in the know: where were D Robertson and T Dawson today and Landen King on offense today? And on defense, what became of Ro (Juco CB) and Dreshun Miller? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I saw the title of the thread and came in here expecting to hear how your health couldn't take it anymore and you were leaving the board to focus on health....glad was not the case.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47fu3kew3kak65ex2rot

Lol Zeek was going to pull an Urban Meyer.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

He has more velocity on the ball and his decision making was largely sound.

I hate that you facepalm'd me for this exact same point one week ago lol

Anticipating your POV when we start running some of those sideline screens and the ball gets out there fast enough to where it isn't instantly blown up (assuming these WRs learn how to block)! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sojourner said:

The defense at least adjusted and improved significantly in the second half. I suppose you could say the same for CBH being willing to put in Finley. But this looked like a badly coached high school football team for at least 3 quarters. Did they even practice this week? Just scary because it reminded me of the CGM out of conference games where would look like we just woke up and goof around for 3 quarters. I thought that was gone with CBH, you know, not taking elevators and working hard for consistency...This team is incredibly inconsistent (not playing to their potential for 75% of plays).

Its hard to change a mindset. 

Look how many s*** beliefs people develop and never change their minds when new facts arise. 

Yes the defense was garbage the 1st half. But you’re down 2 starters. No Pappoe the entire game. No McClain the 1st half. But his return was big.

I saw Mason was on the sidelines calling plays in the second half. Couple that with Zakoby coming in, we look much better. Only like 80 yards of offense for GA State in the second half.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

Whole first team O and D needed to be benched. Thankfully Harsin did what Gus wouldn't. Do I think that spells the end of Nix? Not necessarily. But let's not pretend like all problems rested squarely on Bo today.

The offense problems certainly did.

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

I'm tired. I fought hard. Really I believed down until the end.

I am done with Bo Nix and I think the change had to be made.

Was TJ great? No. He had a good number of over throws and a pass or two that looked very turnover-able. But his connection with guys like Capers and Canion brought a different element to the passing game. He has more velocity on the ball and his decision making was largely sound. We lose some mobility with him for sure (his acceleration isn't great but when he gets up to speed he's decent).

Maybe the team needed something new? Maybe there's more behind the scenes? Maybe it was just this game and Harsin proved a point and we see Bo better off for it moving forward.

I don't know but I'm just glad to have a coach who was willing to make the change.

God bless special teams. They absolutely saved us today and the defense adjusted well in the second half. Whatever we're doing in the red zone on defense ain't it though.

Well said. We we're completely discombobulated on offense today until Finley came in and he provided a spark. 

• Like 1