How 'bout them apples?

Rednilla

18 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Gus doesn’t work for us anymore. He works for someone else. He had his moments.  Where was I off-base?

In telling others what to do. The thread had a very relevant stat line to the victory yesterday. No idea what you are trying to do. Sounded like an introduction to a Gus HOF speech. Carry on. 

Edited by DAG

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Sounded like an introduction to a Gus HOF speech. 

You caught that too, huh?

I like how he morphed the FSU loss into a positive: "we almost beat a team that averaged a 35 point margin of victory across a full season" sounds a hell of a lot more complimentary than: we had a big lead and controlled the game, and somehow managed to collapse and lose in a fashion that at that point hadn't really been seen before in National Championship Game history. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, metafour said:

You caught that too, huh?

I like how he morphed the FSU loss into a positive: "we almost beat a team that averaged a 35 point margin of victory across a full season" sounds a hell of a lot more complimentary than: we had a big lead and controlled the game, and somehow managed to collapse and lose in a fashion that at that point hadn't really been seen before in National Championship Game history. 

These guys steadily expose themselves bro. 

8 hours ago, Rednilla said:

But you don't believe he will, is that it?

Don't assume things. I don't get the obsession on this board with Gus.  I have supported every coach we have ever had and that isn't changing with this one.  I want Harsin to do well.  I want Auburn to win.  Some of you get in this dumbfounding love fest after a win and can't imagine something negative being pointed out.  Then we have a Ga State like game and the sky is falling.  

I doubt we have the same coordinators next year.  That doesn't mean that I hate Bobo or don't want Harsin to succeed.  That is just looking at the product on the field. By the way, that field is not void of talent, as we saw last night.  It looked like Harsin was much more involved in the play calling last night and game plan overall.  He did more of what we can do instead of calling plays that a play caller wants us to execute.  That is important for a coach to do when you first inherit a team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

These guys steadily expose themselves bro. 

Expose what? A brain?  You got me/  I am exposed.  The way you say that is so damn silly. 

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

Expose what? A brain?  You got me/  I am exposed.  The way you say that is so damn silly. 

Glad you admitted. You need to regulate yourself . Make sure no puppies are around to kick. You been hurting all morning it seems. It will be okay grown man.

39 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Gus doesn’t need to be mentioned anymore.  It’s a new era. Bottom Line: For several years, Gus won some huge games against ranked opponents and had us in the National Conversation late in the season. We had some huge wins with Gus. He nearly beat an FSU team that averaged a 35 point margin of victory across a full season in the National Freacking Championship.  That run, that season, was thrilling.  Most college football fans will never experience that.  Throttling unbeatable number one UGA then immediately afterwards, whipping number one unbeatable Bama.   Then The Gus Bus ran its course, obviously, but that doesn’t take away from many wonderful upsets and great AU Football memories under Gus.  Lightning in a bottle, blah blah blah.  A few legendary players were the reason, yes I’ve heard all of that. That’s always the case with a successful program.  I was as tired as anyone over the last few years, at his stubbornness.  But the fact remains that Gus did very good if not great for a few seasons and for those exhilarating wins and stellar recruiting I will always be grateful.  Hope he wins at UCF.  Upon his departure, the Cupboards weren’t overstuffed but they weren’t bare either.  I wish we could agree to leave it at that.  

Careful... Some of these people want you to pretend none of that happened and that he burned the buildings on his way out the door.  It is beyond ridiculous.  It is as though they honestly believe that you cannot support the current staff without resorting to continuously trash talking everything before.   That is until something like Ga State happens and they lose their collective minds all over again....

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Glad you admitted. You need to regulate yourself . Make sure no puppies are around to kick. You been hurting all morning it seems. It will be okay grown man.

What is wrong with you?  How hard is it to understand wanting Harsin to succeed and not being a bitter ass hat all at the same time?  Harsin is no more immune from criticism than any other coach has been.  That is how it works.  Do something dumb and people call you out on it.

9 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

What is wrong with you?  How hard is it to understand wanting Harsin to succeed and not being a bitter ass hat all at the same time?  Harsin is no more immune from criticism than any other coach has been.  That is how it works.  Do something dumb and people call you out on it.

You are the one upset . You have repeated the same line going back to last night. Look at you whining and crying lol. CBH got us 4-1. We beat LSU in the red sticks. The fanbase is for the most part united besides a few stragglers like yourself. I know you didn’t think it would be this way. I know you were hoping we would lose to Georgia state but we didn’t. It’s good times on the plains. You keep being miserable because your buddy Gus is having a rough go at it at Disney lol. We going to keep supporting our Coach and team .

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

We really turning this one into another argument thread, geez can't we have one topic that's not an argument 😎

Well we already have 3 bo is awesome threads. Thought I would make for some balance in advocating for a CBH thread. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Well we already have 3 bo is awesome threads. Thought I would make for some balance advocate for a CBH thread. 

@DAG that wasn't directed at you. War Eagle! I appreciate this thread it's been entertaining, seeing other people's thoughts and how some are on the same page and some are not, which is fine and dandy not everybody is gonna be on the same page, but it's ridiculous that we cant agree to disagree and move on. I think these past two weeks have been one of the worse times to be on here with almost every topic turning into a pissing contest to see who is right and wrong. I think it's great to have hope and wanna see Auburn do it's best, I also think it's great that people wanna criticize because you want what's best for Auburn doesn't necessarily mean you don't like Harsin or any other coach you just want the best. Opinions are like a**holes everybody's got them. War Eagle. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

🤷

Nobody is talking to you or about you. Please I can't take anymore of random people at me bro. I don't even interact with any of you. I have done nothing to you 😂

Glad CBH won, doubly glad that the inexplicable streak that was both contributed to and transcended the previous regime ended. The same can be said for the Athens losing streak, which I also hope Harsin breaks at some point

10 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Malzahn was 0-13 against Alabama, LSU, and Georgia away from Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Bryan Harsin is 1-0.

Yeah, it's early, but I genuinely believe we are heading in the right direction. Probably going to take a couple of years before we're competing for championships, but this win gives Harsin a bit of a signature to carry him forward, pushing away those who would nag and complain and end up running him off before he's able to implement his system. 

Way too early for that comparison IMO.

9 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Still bitter, huh? 

Gus was our last coach. I'm making a comparison between the two to show a contrast. Malzahn never beat one of our big rivals away from JHS. Harsin did so in his first attempt. Forgive me for thinking that's noteworthy.

Noteworthy but not comparison worthy. Hoping not but could just be a 1-off. That’s why I suggested waiting.

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nobody is talking to you or about you. Please I can't take anymore of random people at me bro. I don't even interact with any of you. I have done nothing to you 😂

I wasn't meaning that in a bad way I was just say Idk what's going on In this thread 🤣 

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The same guy who wrote this line "You been hurting all morning it seems", immediately snapped the second he THOUGHT someone was mentioning him 🤣🤣🤣. Wish guys had a sense of irony around here 

Yeah I really snapped at him lol. You don’t even know what irony means if you thought that but why I am I not surprised lol. All this passive aggressiveness. 

Edited by DAG

8 hours ago, DAG said:

Right . I am not going to say I haven’t been criticizing some aspect of coaching and I think rightfully so, but there are clear distinctions between last year staff and this year staff. Two glaring ones are their ability to adjust on the fly and the utilization of every player to their skill set. No clue why some people are truly hoping CBH fails and it shows. 

Good post!!

Just now, Hank2020 said:

Good post!!

We have a long way to go. Long way to go but I have seen in four games now that we adjust and try to strike back in adversity . Now , the key is putting it together for four quarters . Boy if we do that.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

We have a long way to go. Long way to go but I have seen in four games now that we adjust and try to strike back in adversity . Now , the key is putting it together for four quarters . Boy if we do that.

True. One thing that stuck out to me was on offense many more of our plays were good calls with good execution. I like to watch when things break down and we are successful, but much better evidence of improvement if plays work as they were drawn up at the correct time in the game.