How 'bout them apples?

Rednilla

2 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

And the tight ends being so involved is just fun to watch. 

That's a big deal to me. We have the athletes at tight end, and it's been frustrating as hell to get them here and then never see them used. I was so happy for Fromm last night, getting that TD grab!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

And besting LSU on the road in an ugly but fiery game for the first time in 22 years…

”We have major issues…and why are our coaches such morons?”

I think the past few years has brought a good bit of the fan base from a place of “hope for the best, prepare for the worst” to a place of “expect the worst, and if there’s hope squash it before it grows and hurts me again”

Well put. Been thinking this a lot from the comments and attitudes on this board. All are valid feelings. There is tremendous cynicism to overcome. Auburn fans suffer from Stockholm Syndrome. We'll get through it. There is joy to be found in our near future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Who is bringing up Gus now?  When we beat bama 3 times, win the West twice and play for a natty, we will know more.

Holy crap! That will take at least 3 years. You realize that, don’t you?

• Haha 3

Our coaches are making adjustments at half so thats a positive. The intiail game planning not so much.bgive a Harsin a couple of years and we will be competing with the big boys? Only if something drastic changes in the recruiting department 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

3 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Holy crap! That will take at least 3 years. You realize that, don’t you?

No it should happen this year I won't like him if he doesnt do it, he has to win against bama three times this year or I won't be impressed 🙂

• Haha 2

If our fans have not figured out that CBH has a whole culture to change and that we have numerous player-personnel issues, then they are just blind. These things do not just get fixed in one offseason. Some players are still buying in. Some never will. All anyone can do now is be patient and see if the success comes. We have a long way to go. Might as well accept it.

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It was obvious he could only recruit stars and none were where we needed them (OL and DL for instance).

OL absolutely. DL was our high point.

25 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Come on now. I can get this mentality for the coaches and players, but we're fans. Can you not give us at least one day to savor our first victory at LSU in this century?

Nope, times up. 

Jk with you, but that's kind of the point of 1-0. He didn't say 2-0 or 4-1. Doesn't mean folks can't enjoy the win. Just meant that LSU is over. 

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Nope, times up. 

Jk with you, but that's kind of the point of 1-0. He didn't say 2-0 or 4-1. Doesn't mean folks can't enjoy the win. Just meant that LSU is over. 

Well, I mean, it kinda seems like you're chastising me for enjoying it on the Sunday afterward before NFL action even starts...

But again, for the team, absolutely. The only reason they have to look back at LSU is to watch the film and make corrections.

Guest MustardSeed
8 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Nope, times up. 

Well yeah, for the team. They have a lot of prep work for next game. Fans just have to go to the store and clean the grill. We can focus on whatever we want really and it won’t affect our gameplanning. 

There’s such a fine line between being a hero and a zero. Harsin is on the right side as of now. It’s going to be a long season with no easy wins left on it. I hope he can stay there. I’m holding off on contract extensions. 

3 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I didn't remember that Dinardo was fired that year...but I feel pretty certain that the Auburn loss was the beginning of the end for him, not just a stop along the way, because it seems like they were favored pretty big.

It's also interesting to note that this is only our 6th win in Baton Rouge all time.

That stat of only our 6th time ever winning in BR is a mindbender!

3 minutes ago, au701948 said:

That stat of only our 6th time ever winning in BR is a mindbender!

I was shocked.  That stat sounds SO bad,  but haven't they only won, like,  8 games in Auburn?

58 minutes ago, alexava said:

There’s such a fine line between being a hero and a zero. Harsin is on the right side as of now. It’s going to be a long season with no easy wins left on it. I hope he can stay there. I’m holding off on contract extensions. 

I would be against any head coach getting a contract extension after their first season, regardless of what happened during that season.

3 hours ago, Viper said:

OL absolutely. DL was our high point.

Yeah, I was just referring to what he left us.  I know some DL transferred this year that hurt us, but overall Steele’s DLs were pretty good.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yeah, I was just referring to what he left us.  I know some DL transferred this year that hurt us, but overall Steele’s DLs were pretty good.

Yup the OL cupboard has been bare since Dismukes left. 

The DL cupboard was less bare, but can’t complain about the DL recruits in Gus’ tenure. Adams, Brown, Davidson, Holland, Lawson, Nick Coe, Elijah Daniel, Newkirk, Bryant, Cowart. The last 4 didn’t pan out as advertised, but that’s not uncommon. 

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Who is bringing up Gus now?  When we beat bama 3 times, win the West twice and play for a natty, we will know more.

Gus was last seen losing to a previously winless Navy team. 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Much agreed that Steele’s DLs were pretty good. Of the transfers: Newkirk, Truesdell, and Bryant, they aren’t big producers for their current teams that I can tell. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Gus was last seen losing to a previously winless Navy team. 😅

And that has what to do with Auburn?  That is my point.

I don’t understand why there are people still not happy after a huge win.....

Its like someone who was on a plane that almost crashed that was miraculously saved by the pilot and saying “The food on that flight sucked”

Enjoy Auburn football... especially when they win, they are not easy to come by on the road..

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Any ROAD wins in there? Anywhere?

Gus doesn’t need to be mentioned anymore.  It’s a new era. Bottom Line: For several years, Gus won some huge games against ranked opponents and had us in the National Conversation late in the season. We had some huge wins with Gus. He nearly beat an FSU team that averaged a 35 point margin of victory across a full season in the National Freacking Championship.  That run, that season, was thrilling.  Most college football fans will never experience that.  Throttling unbeatable number one UGA then immediately afterwards, whipping number one unbeatable Bama.   Then The Gus Bus ran its course, obviously, but that doesn’t take away from many wonderful upsets and great AU Football memories under Gus.  Lightning in a bottle, blah blah blah.  A few legendary players were the reason, yes I’ve heard all of that. That’s always the case with a successful program.  I was as tired as anyone over the last few years, at his stubbornness.  But the fact remains that Gus did very good if not great for a few seasons and for those exhilarating wins and stellar recruiting I will always be grateful.  Hope he wins at UCF.  Upon his departure, the Cupboards weren’t overstuffed but they weren’t bare either.  I wish we could agree to leave it at that.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Gus doesn’t need to be mentioned anymore.  It’s a new era. Bottom Line: For several years, Gus won some huge games against ranked opponents and had us in the National Conversation late in the season. We had some huge wins with Gus. He nearly beat an FSU team that averaged a 35 point margin of victory across a full season in the National Freacking Championship.  That run, that season, was thrilling.  Most college football fans will never experience that.  Throttling unbeatable number one UGA then immediately afterwards, whipping number one unbeatable Bama.   Then The Gus Bus ran its course, obviously, but that doesn’t take away from many wonderful upsets and great AU Football memories under Gus.  Lightning in a bottle, blah blah blah.  A few legendary players were the reason, yes I’ve heard all of that. That’s always the case with a successful program.  I was as tired as anyone over the last few years, at his stubbornness.  But the fact remains that Gus did very good if not great for a few seasons and for those exhilarating wins and stellar recruiting I will always be grateful.  Hope he wins at UCF.  Upon his departure, the Cupboards weren’t overstuffed but they weren’t bare either.  I wish we could agree to leave it at that.  

Okay guy 

• Haha 1