"Bo Pix"

Zeek

Just now, cbo said:

He played poorly in those games and deserved to be benched. 

ALSO, he deserves credit for not throwing INTs. No reason to belittle that. 

Thanks to 3 different Penn St defenders dropping his passes. If you think those weren’t a factor in his eventual benching, then you clearly don’t think like a coach. 

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Viper said:

Thanks to 3 different Penn St defenders dropping his passes. If you think those weren’t a factor in his eventual benching, then you clearly don’t think like a coach. 

You’re the only one who remembers 3 drops.

Either way, it’s a good stat. That’s a lot of games without an INT. 

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/09/bo-nixs-familiar-road-struggles-resurface-in-loss-to-penn-state.html%3foutputType=amp

This was a chance for Bo Nix to flip the script.

Instead, it was the rehashing of several familiar chapters in the Auburn starting quarterback’s rollercoaster career.

Nix struggled in familiar fashion during No. 22 Auburn’s 28-20 loss to No. 10 Penn State on Saturday night in Happy Valley. The junior completed just 21-of-37 passes for 185 yards, as his night was defined by misfires, some dropped passes and a couple of narrowly-avoided backbreaking interceptions.

• Dislike 2

Bizarre thread - pick stats distinguish b/w neither would-be picks that defenders dropped, nor the MANY well thrown passes that bounce off receivers hands for interceptions. 

Edited by aucanucktiger

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/09/bo-nixs-familiar-road-struggles-resurface-in-loss-to-penn-state.html%3foutputType=amp

This was a chance for Bo Nix to flip the script.

Instead, it was the rehashing of several familiar chapters in the Auburn starting quarterback’s rollercoaster career.

Nix struggled in familiar fashion during No. 22 Auburn’s 28-20 loss to No. 10 Penn State on Saturday night in Happy Valley. The junior completed just 21-of-37 passes for 185 yards, as his night was defined by misfires, some dropped passes and a couple of narrowly-avoided backbreaking interceptions.

A couple is two, not three. I remember two passes that could have been intercepted. Only one was “dropped” as you keep saying. 

All of this misses the point anyway. Bo has done a great job protecting the ball recently. That’s all. 

• Like 1

This just in.

After the review, the errant passes against Penn State weren't actually caught by the defender so the ruling on Twitter stands...263 passes without an interception. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, cbo said:

Either way, it’s a good stat. That’s a lot of games without an INT. 

Bro don't point out facts, it'll be just you want to be right 😂

• Haha 1

Just now, cbo said:

A couple is two, not three. I remember two passes that could have been intercepted. Only one was “dropped” as you keep saying. 

All of this misses the point anyway. Bo has done a great job protecting the ball recently. That’s all. 

The LAST pass of the game was ALSO dropped by a Penn St defender. That plus a couple of “narrowly-avoided backbreaking interceptions” (remembered by someone other than me) = 3.  ALL 3 were dropped as I keep saying.

The point is he’s been extremely fortunate to have this streak without a pick. 

He was deservingly benched each of the last two games and has made better decisions as a direct result of his benching.

• Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, gr82be said:

This just in.

After the review, the errant passes against Penn State weren't actually caught by the defender so the ruling on Twitter stands...263 passes without an interception. 

This just in. 

The guy with the incredible streak of 263 passes without an interception has been benched in each of the last two games, managed to win one of them because he stayed benched, and the other because he made better decisions as a direct result of his benching.

• Dislike 2

I don't have anything to add to this thread, but I feel like decades later, the discussion for Auburn fans around this guy is going to take a ton of context. Like he's probably the most polarizing QB this program has had when you look at in-house perception (at least before this season) to nat'l perception, statistics vs. eye test, blah blah 

There's no way we ever forget Bo Nix, that's a FACT

For some reason folks think this Stat equates to him being the 5th best qb of all time in the SEC.   It just says he does not throw a lot of interceptions.  I would not read too much into it.  He has a chance to become a very good or great QB.  He was last night but lots of games to go.  I'm rooting for him to break all the good QB records at Auburn and to look back at him being a top 3 QB for Auburn one day.   You know why, cause I love Auburn and that will mean he led Auburn to a lot of wins hopefully.   

Not getting into this argument because it's pointless, but let's clear it up. Nix was not benched in the LSU game. Finley played one series, the third possession of the game, and it was planned by the coaching staff before the game ever started.

Edited by Eagle-1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Viper said:

Penn St dropped three of his passes. 

They don’t count “dropped” interceptions…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cbo said:

Ppl seem to conflate a ball thrown into a tight window with a near interception or a bad throw way too often 

There was a singular awful throw that should have been a pick 6

27 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Ppl seem to conflate a ball thrown into a tight window with a near interception or a bad throw way too often 

There was a singular awful throw that should have been a pick 6

Something happens once then somebody is going to come and say it happened two or three......trust me. I know

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

This wasn't a debate thread. Holy ****. It was simply a cool statistic and Bo has done a good job protecting the ball regardless of some dumb drops that don't matter. Holy cow. Why are some of you such miserable human beings you can't just congratulate a player on a solid streak?

I'm about done with this site honestly. We couldn't even celebrate the first win in 22 years without people starting some dumb a** flame war over personal grudges and trying to belittle different parts of the performance. Be happy people. Enjoy Auburn football. Enjoy the players we have and the wild way things shake out for us. Enjoy that we're (4-1) with a brand new coach and our only loss is to the #4 team in the country (where one silly fumble might have changed everything).

I get the point of a forum is to go back and forth but sometimes we can just be happy and celebrate success without being the "welll actuallyyyy" kid adjusting his glasses and adjusting his pocket protector. Some of you would win the lotto and then just b**** about the fact that you had to physically go up to collect the check.

Don’t let this dude get you down man. For whatever reason, the hate is strong this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

This wasn't a debate thread. Holy ****. It was simply a cool statistic and Bo has done a good job protecting the ball regardless of some dumb drops that don't matter. Holy cow. Why are some of you such miserable human beings you can't just congratulate a player on a solid streak?

I'm about done with this site honestly. We couldn't even celebrate the first win in 22 years without people starting some dumb a** flame war over personal grudges and trying to belittle different parts of the performance. Be happy people. Enjoy Auburn football. Enjoy the players we have and the wild way things shake out for us. Enjoy that we're (4-1) with a brand new coach and our only loss is to the #4 team in the country (where one silly fumble might have changed everything).

I get the point of a forum is to go back and forth but sometimes we can just be happy and celebrate success without being the "welll actuallyyyy" kid adjusting his glasses and adjusting his pocket protector. Some of you would win the lotto and then just b**** about the fact that you had to physically go up to collect the check.

Well, ACTUALLY….

• Haha 2

people need to smoke one. if i did not i would be an a**hole all the time instead of just part. instead most of the time i am just cool geezer..........right? grins i am not married anymore so i come on here when i want to get pissed. the tea leaves say a change is coming and some things will not be tolerated. and before you boys get on my ex being an ex she died in a terrible big wheel wreck.

11 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Don’t let this dude get you down man. For whatever reason, the hate is strong this year.

Bro does your hate even lift

do you even lift Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Viper said:

The LAST pass of the game was ALSO dropped by a Penn St defender. That plus a couple of “narrowly-avoided backbreaking interceptions” (remembered by someone other than me) = 3.  ALL 3 were dropped as I keep saying.

The point is he’s been extremely fortunate to have this streak without a pick. 

He was deservingly benched each of the last two games and has made better decisions as a direct result of his benching.

Harsin said he wasn’t benched at LSU but injecting TJ was a planned event at that point in the game. He was definitely pulled in the Georgia State game, true.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Harsin said he wasn’t benched at LSU but injecting TJ was a planned event at that point in the game. He was definitely pulled in the Georgia State game, true.

I was so happy when I heard that Harsin scripted a possession for TJ back in Red Stick. I swear, he's checking items off our wish list that I'd forgotten were even on there. 

Just imagine the games Worm and Schwartz could have had in Gainesville if Harsin had been coaching. 

As for what I thought was going on during the game and how it affected my perception of the game that Bo had, I was totally wrong and couldn't be happier to admit it. 

Edited by McLoofus