Take away his cleats

aubiefifty

16 hours ago, Mikey said:

Unless 47 drops the TD pass just like he dropped the previous one.

All this ya-ya and yet, Bo Nix had the highest grade of any player with over five snaps. (80.3), which was also Hunter's grade. The top defensive player was Z. Puckett with 73.5.

I saw more dropped passes by AU receivers than I did in all the rest of the games I watched combined. This team needs to step it up, but the pass catchers are the lowest performers and they need to step up a lot more than other positions, including the QB.

Have you not figured out yet you cannot have an opinion on Nix and the offense unless he is blamed for all issues? He always throws too hard, too soft, too far, too fast. We have a stable full of actual 4 and 5* receivers but shouldn't expect them to catch a pass that hits them in the hands. I mean they only play in the SEC which is basically one level under the NFL. Why should we expect them to actually be able to catch a football? 

• Like 2

On 10/12/2021 at 10:11 AM, MustardSeed said:

I believe this to be the case with Bo. He gets so amped up and nervous that he forces everything to happen immediately or he panics. The #1 key to Alabama’s successful QB play of late is having guys that keep the same calm temperament through all circumstances. You’ll never see the great QBs get out of control for more than a play at a time. They always come back to calm and in control. Bo loses control. It’s a mindset issue.  Until he changes that mindset any improvement will be minimal. 

You can kind of see this same contrast in the Super Bowl.  Mahomes is a fantastic QB, one of the best playing the game right now; but in that game with the poor OL play, and now into this season, he is starting to play a little panicky and is beginning to make mistakes that his pure athleticism cannot overcome.  On the other side of the line in that Super Bowl was the one guy that's never panicked a play in his life, except for a few times maybe. 

For Bo, this panicky mode prevents him from completing the simplest little halfback pass, unless it's against Alabama State.  If he had a couple of fantastic receivers that were making plays for him, and keeping Auburn in the big games, Iron Bowl 2019 comes to mind, I think he could eventually get there.  But with the receivers he has this year, I don't think he will have much opportunity to get settled into a good rhythm in a tight game.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 9:23 AM, Win4AU said:

Maybe I’m old school but sometimes the maturation pattern is slower for different guys.  I think Bo has all the physical tools to be a great Qb but as we saw with the Worm int, if he had slowed down and even looked at JSS it was a sure big gain or maybe TD.  I’m not ready to throw in the towel yet.  

I think the play call was to go to worm. As in a predetermined play with no secondary reads. AU needed 2 yards, worm is fast, and the play just seemed like they were trying to hurry it. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rexbo said:

For Bo, this panicky mode prevents him from completing the simplest little halfback pass.....

The halfback dropping a ball that hit him in the hands at chest level is what prevented Nix from completing a simple halfback pass.

• Like 1