Fisher calls out Auburn

aubiefifty

Jimbo Fisher calls out Auburn over snap counts

By Nubyjas Wilborn | nwilborn@al.com
3 minutes

Texas A&M might have beaten Auburn 20-3 but Aggies head coach Jimbo Fisher was still fired up afterwards over Auburn’s defense allegedly simulating the snap count.

Texas A&M had to settle for a field goal in the third quarter after two inexplicable false starts backed the Aggies up after being on Auburn’s 4-yard line. After the second false start, Fisher called a timeout and seemed to have a heated conversation with the officials. Fisher further expounded on his complaints with an accusation lobbed at the Tiger defense.

Read more Auburn football: Instant analysis: Auburn sputters in 20-3 loss to Texas A&M

Bryan Harsin didn’t consider another second-half quarterback change in loss to Texas A&M - al.com

Auburn has worst offensive performance in years in loss to Aggies

“Here’s what gets me. If you can do that and get a delay of game. You can do that and get a delay of game. You can call a snap count, and it ain’t a penalty,” Fisher said. “Ain’t that amazing, when you’re down there on the goal line when they’re calling your snap count? I’m sick and tired of it, man. You’re going to call all that garbage and then not do that. And you can’t hear. You couldn’t hear the slap or anything else. We told them in the first half it was going on.”

The league office should expect a phone call in the next day or so.

“I’m going to call them tomorrow. We’re having a conversation. I’m sick and tired of it,” Fisher said. “That’s big right there on the five and do it twice and have it done and was told in the first half it didn’t and have those penalties, that’s ridiculous.”

Auburn lost by 17 points but the defense didn’t give up a touchdown to the Aggies. Auburn’s defense kept the Aggies out of the end zone, partly because they handled third-down situations. The Aggies started the game 0-for-10 on converting third downs.

“Our defense was doing some really good things on third down and in the red zone tonight. I thought the defense, besides a few explosive plays, played well. We knew A&M would make some plays. We did swell up in the red zone, did some good things there. We’ve been doing that so that we can build from that there.”

Nubyjas Wilborn covers Auburn for Alabama Media Group.

3 minutes ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Is he also going to whine about all of his team’s obvious offensive holding and defensive facemask penalties that weren’t called by the officials either?  I’m guessing that’ll be a big no.  STHU Jimbo.

lets send him some crab legs..............lol. on a serious not i do not want Auburn to get a rep for cheating. bird is this stuff normal?

1 minute ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I’ve never like Jimblo. He’s a sleazy POS. Always has been. Always will be. If ever there was a cheating ass coach, it’s him. 

i met him back when he was with baby bowden. he went out of his way to be nice to me. shrugs i think it is more criminal in the shape he left FSU.

2 minutes ago, autiger88 said:

It's not cheating because it's not against the rules. Change your snap count 🤷 we can't help we knew what was coming lol, he needs not to bitch about us but to his OFC 🤣 

thank you! maybe jimbo needs a jumbo enema? hell he should be happy.

2 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

The stadium was so loud the Aggies couldn’t hear when they were on offense.  That’s our fault? I’d like to know what we actually did. Verbalize their snap count or something? You’d think their center could tell whose voice he was hearing.  Oh, but their fans wouldn’t be quiet on offense. 🤔

I’ve never cared much for Jimbo. 

i liked him until he got Winston and all the lying and covering up he and FSU did for that crook. he threatened a female worker at a burger joint because he was drinking free soda in those lil cups they give you for ketchup.

• Like 1

someone needs to get my 8000 point cherry..................wiggles eyebrows.

I'm just glad that this bastion of integrity - Jimbo 'They Gave Him Those Crab Legs For Free' Fisher - is here to protect the purity of the game.

Is he suggesting that we somehow cheated to listen in and get their snap count?  How would we even go about doing that?

• Thanks 1

Jimbo may be a good coach , but calling out cheaters when we’ll everyone knows what happened . Jimbo take the win and shut your big sleazy mouth 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I’ve never like Jimblo. He’s a sleazy POS. Always has been. Always will be. If ever there was a cheating ass coach, it’s him. 

100%. F that POS. 

• Love 2

1 hour ago, autiger88 said:

It's not cheating because it's not against the rules. Change your snap count 🤷 we can't help we knew what was coming lol, he needs not to bitch about us but to his OFC 🤣 

It is illegal to simulate an offense’s snap count.   

1 minute ago, twilli13 said:

Literally trying to understand here. What does that even mean....we simulated their snap count...we called something out and it made their guys jump?

That is what Jimbo is insinuating.   Whatever aTm was doing on their snap, he is saying Auburn was doing that at the goal line.  

3 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Gotcha. Hes still a crybaby POS. Only the worst complain about officiating AFTER  a win. Thats Kirby or Saban level stuff right there. All cut from the same cloth. Bitch when it doesn't go your way despite all the bad calls that go their way. I know Kirby and Saban both get a TON of them. 

9 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

My bad I thought I read somewhere it wasn't, had a brain fart but still he is ridiculous for saying that.  🤷