Times Reporter unveils source

channonc

Karl Rove may have been a source for Matt Cooper at Time, but it is very clear based on the latest revelations as reported by Newsweek that Rove did not break any law.

According to Newsweek:

Cooper wrote that Rove offered him a "big warning" not to "get too far out on Wilson." Rove told Cooper that Wilson's trip had not been authorized by "DCIA"—CIA Director George Tenet—or Vice President Dick Cheney. Rather, "it was, KR said, wilson's wife, who apparently works at the agency on wmd [weapons of mass destruction] issues who authorized the trip." Wilson's wife is Plame, then an undercover agent working as an analyst in the CIA's Directorate of Operations counterproliferation division. (Cooper later included the essence of what Rove told him in an online story.) The e-mail characterizing the conversation continues: "not only the genesis of the trip is flawed an[d] suspect but so is the report. he [Rove] implied strongly there's still plenty to implicate iraqi interest in acquiring uranium fro[m] Niger ... "

Most interestingly, and most disheartening if you are a lefty, there is this:

Nothing in the Cooper e-mail suggests that Rove used Plame's name or knew she was a covert operative.

It is not clear that Valerie Plame was a "covert agent" for purposes of the statute Rove is accused by the left of violating and, even if she were, it is very clear that Rove did not violate the Intelligence Identities Protection Act.

Notwithstanding the fact that Rove did not know Plame may have been a covert agent, look for the left to make a big deal out of this. They have tried their best to portray Plame and Wilson as victims; yet it is abundant clear that both Plame and Wilson were useful and willing idiots in the quest to bring down Bush. They were not successful in bringing Bush down and they will no doubt be unsuccessful in bringing down Karl Rove.

Karl Rove may have been a source for Matt Cooper at Time, but it is very clear based on the latest revelations as reported by Newsweek that Rove did not break any law....

Notwithstanding the fact that Rove did not know Plame may have been a covert agent, look for the left to make a big deal out of this. They have tried their best to portray Plame and Wilson as victims; yet it is abundant clear that both Plame and Wilson were useful and willing idiots in the quest to bring down Bush. They were not successful in bringing Bush down and they will no doubt be unsuccessful in bringing down Karl Rove.

168218[/snapback]

No, what's really disheartening to me and to all Americans is that a senior Administration official has committed treason against the United States.

You might think I'd be happy about this story, because it "makes the Republicans look bad". And no doubt there are jerks out there who take just that approach. Maybe some different jerks will feel like they gotta speak up for Rove because he's a Republican. Both sets of jerks miss the point. I ain't happy by a long shot. This is more than just playing political gotcha. It's way bigger than that.

The point is, a senior official has deliberately endangered national security, just for personal reasons.

I didn't want to talk about this until it was proved. I didn't want it to be true. But deep down, I knew it--not from the media, 'cause I never assume they're telling the truth--but from the moment his own lawyer piped in about not 'knowingly' revealing classified information. Right. An innocent guy would not have said 'didn't knowingly do it'; he would have flat out said he didn't do it.

This is as bad as Clinton's boys selling military secrets to the Chinese. It's Al Gore and his "no controlling legal authority" shuffling all over again. It's a dark and shameful day for America.

Karl Rove belongs in jail. Period. You who dare to make excuses for him are sinking into the same moral relativism that you claim to hate in your enemies.

Karl Rove may have been a source for Matt Cooper at Time, but it is very clear based on the latest revelations as reported by Newsweek that Rove did not break any law....

168218[/snapback]

No, what's really disheartening to me and to all Americans is that a senior Administration official has committed treason against the United States.

You might think I'd be happy about this story, because it "makes the Republicans look bad". And no doubt there are jerks out there who take just that approach. Maybe some different jerks will feel like they gotta speak up for Rove because he's a Republican. Both sets of jerks miss the point. I ain't happy by a long shot. This is more than just playing political gotcha. It's way bigger than that.

The point is, a senior official has deliberately endangered national security, just for personal reasons.

I didn't want to talk about this until it was proved. I didn't want it to be true. But deep down, I knew it--not from the media, 'cause I never assume they're telling the truth--but from the moment his own lawyer piped in about not 'knowingly' revealing classified information. Right. An innocent guy would not have said 'didn't knowingly do it'; he would have flat out said he didn't do it.

This is as bad as Clinton's boys selling military secrets to the Chinese. It's Al Gore and his "no controlling legal authority" shuffling all over again. It's a dark and shameful day for America.

Karl Rove belongs in jail. Period. You who dare to make excuses for him are sinking into the same moral relativism that you claim to hate in your enemies.

168236[/snapback]

I don't believe you know what you're talking about.

168218[/snapback]

168236[/snapback]

168344[/snapback]

Don't worry, Piglet. This is one of those issues that will separate the truly brainwashed from those still capable of independent, principled judgment. No surprises so far.

168218[/snapback]

168236[/snapback]

168344[/snapback]

Don't worry, Piglet. This is one of those issues that will separate the truly brainwashed from those still capable of independent, principled judgment. No surprises so far.

168347[/snapback]

You are speaking of democrats aren't you! :P

Archived