Been a while my thoughts

austudnt23

34 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

I promise ik it seens like it is impossible but what i am speaking can happen. Its what we need. BH i can say as a fact has made no visual effort to adapt to modern recruiting post NIL

Hopefully no coaches are adapting to it. They have dozens of support staff members to do it for them. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Hopefully no coaches are adapting to it. They have dozens of support staff members to do it for them. 

Ok ours suck lol Kirbys Jimbos Sabans are great. Also i spoke facts about on field strictly. He fired a wr coach for poor coaching lol for those of us that know truth but still he told the media that. Basically defamation even though our wr unit was terrible he was not fired for that so i encourage BH to judge himself by his standards.

Edited by austudnt23

For all those reading who think i have some sort of vendetta i encourage to search far and wide for one bad comment  before today. Recruiting would have saved him with me but he cant do that.

Edited by austudnt23

3 hours ago, Didba said:

100% this. Thinking like a fan, not an AD or a Coach.  Sure after the Moo State game I was irate. Angry as a trussed hog. Blitz MASON FOR THE LOVE OF GOD was screamed by me.

But the next week I pulled my emotions back and looked at the film critically, rationally, and with objectivity. I stopped thinking like a fan and was trying to think like a coach.

I was able to see that blitzing wouldn't have helped, the scheme was good we just didn't execute it when exhausted bc of the offensive woes among many other things I have opined in various threads throughout this week. It seems to me that the bad takes in this thread are from fans having Knee jerk reactions to the State loss. Schematically, State was the worst matchup for our defense and we had to keep Rogers on the sideline. We didn't and he torched us in the 2nd half.

The thing is the season is not even over yet. The miss state game is all coaching and it was an utter failure . With that being said, we have to regroup. Let’s beat USCe. Let’s prep and hopefully upset Bama and then let’s show out in our bowl game. I am disappointed as anybody but if we can do those three things I feel like we are back on track.

Either way, you can’t just fire a guy after one season, considering a good bit of people did not give us a slime ball chance this year. I think we are much better than our record and should be going into USCe with a chance to control our destiny , however this is not the case. Yet, we still have a chance to get momentum. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Ok ours suck lol Kirbys Jimbos Sabans are great. Also i spoke facts about on field strictly. He fired a wr coach for poor coaching lol for those of us that know truth but still he told the media that. Basically defamation even though our wr unit was terrible he was not fired for that so i encourage BH to judge himself by his standards.

woah, now you are citing civil torts perpetrated by Harsin now?

Geez, this just gets wilder and wilder... defamation lmao.  you crack me up, put the liquor bottle down my dude.

5 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

For all those reading who think i have some sort of vendetta i encourage to search far and wide for one bad comment  before today. Recruiting would have saved him with me but he cant do that.

You don't have to have a vendetta to be wrong and nearsighted

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

The thing is the season is not even over yet. The miss state game is all coaching and it was an utter failure . With that being said, we have to regroup. Let’s beat USCe. Let’s prep and hopefully upset Bama and then let’s show out in our bowl game. I am disappointed as anybody but if we can do those three things I feel like we are back on track.

Either way, you can’t just fire a guy after one season, considering a good bit of people did not give us a slime ball chance this year. I think we are much better than our record and should be going into USCe with a chance to control our destiny , however this is not the case. Yet, we still have a chance to get momentum. 

If either of yall can show me one great coach ever in history that gave up a 25 point 28-3 lead on a team they are more talented than at home yall have an argument. Ik what’s happening in recruiting and that basically ends next month.

2 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Who lol i just want to win again. Yeah keep that zen we will be that bball school soon.

tenor (2).gif

Edited by autiger88

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

The biggest failure in the Moo State game was whoever failed to pull Bo after it was obvious he couldn't throw a pass with any velocity.  After that was apparent, he should have been sat and TJ should have been out there.  We might actually win that game if TJ goes out in the 3rd quarter to get him into a rhythm for the 4th.  At least Moo State would have had to respect TJ's passing ability a bit. With Nix hurt they just loaded the box.  Failing to pull Bo was on the coaches and the medical staff.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

You don't have to have a vendetta to be wrong and nearsighted

RT

3 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

If either of yall can show me one great coach ever in history that gave up a 25 point 28-3 lead on a team they are more talented than at home yall have an argument. Ik what’s happening in recruiting and that basically ends next month.

Why do we have the burden of proof when you are the one spouting irrational takes?  Most of us in this thread have been providing reasonable, objective analysis.  You are the one here with the knee jerk reaction.

1 minute ago, Didba said:

The biggest failure in the Moo State game was whoever failed to pull Bo after it was obvious he couldn't throw a pass with any velocity.  After that was apparent, he should have been sat and TJ should have been out there.  We might actually win that game if TJ goes out in the 3rd quarter to get him into a rhythm for the 4th.  At least Moo State would have had to respect TJ's passing ability a bit. With Nix hurt they just loaded the box.  Failing to pull Bo was on the coaches and the medical staff.

Well. There was supposed to be a defense out there, too. I'm not in the fire them all camp, but we must be honest, and the lack of adjustments.....

2 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I read 23 for years, and this does not sound like the same guy. Less than one year? Really?

He's off his rocker. Like watching a disaster in slow motion.

5 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

His recruits are being quoted saying it. Ik Bruce knows the truth obviously. Where are they hearing it?

@austudnt23the one who I read say it said he knew about AU basketball but not AU football. Doesn’t mean or imply he heard it from anywhere. Given all the good things Bruce has said over the years about how important football to everything he logically wouldn’t disparage AU football. He’s one of the few basketball coaches that loves a successful football program.

5 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

Well. There was supposed to be a defense out there, too. I'm not in the fire them all camp, but we must be honest, and the lack of adjustments.....

The best defense was keeping Moo State off the field by sustaining long drives.  Offense was non-existent in the 3rd. Defense was on the field way too much and got absolutely gassed.  Their offensive style is our defenses weakness.  only so much the defense can do, the air raid is almost impossible to scheme against especially when Rogers is a future 1st rounder. Plus no one has stopped Moo State all year.  Only Bama has held them below 400 yards

Edited by Didba

8 minutes ago, JuscAUse! said:

I read 23 for years, and this does not sound like the same guy. Less than one year? Really?

Is it possible he's got a young son that logged into his account? (joking but not really lol)

15 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

No. Why would I need to show you that? I never said he was a great coach. I said it is illogical to think you are going to fire him at this point and pick up any coach worth what you are selling . Of course, you are arguing for CLK as well, so what are we even talking about ?

Edited by DAG

Just now, Didba said:

The best defense was keeping Moo State off the field by sustaining long drives.  Offense was non-existent in the 3rd. Defense was on the field way too much and got absolutely gassed.  Their offensive style is our defenses weakness.  Plus No one has stopped Moo State all year.  Rogers is a future 1st rounder.

I agree with most of your post, but uat proved that wrong. A defense can do a lot of different things, and they darn sure better do them all against Leach. He will own you if you do the same thing over and over. And we did.

Good thing we didn't run off Coach Dye after year one. In today's society everyone wants everything immediately. I'm guilty of it too. It will get worse before (if) it gets better under Harsin. This place will be glorious in the offseason when we see major roster turnover