Been a while my thoughts

austudnt23

Just now, Mikey said:

Shhhhh! You better lay low. Before long someone might ask you to provide a quote or link for what you said and you'll have to scurry silently back into your little corner.

Idc what they ask me they know nothing about what they are saying.

40 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

I hesitate to post anything in this bizarre thread, but the notion that Harsin isn’t using NIL for recruitment purposes needs to be addressed. 

I cannot speak to what other schools or coaches may be doing with NIL for recruiting purposes, but it is clearly a violation of NCAA rules to tie NIL to recruiting and likely a violation of Alabama State law to do so.  Moreover, employees of Auburn (and Harsin is an employee of Auburn) are clearly prohibited by Auburn to cause or create compensation for student-athletes under NIL.  

Auburn has released official policies for NIL and that is addressed in the link below.  I would also add that, simply put, it is an unjustified and uninformed hit-piece on Harsin to accuse him of not doing more with NIL.  His hands are tied.  

https://auburntigers.com/sports/2021/6/28/spirit-nil.aspx

I want to address this since the poster made up the hit piece. By who? Who orchestrated this slander which is true? Dont lie buddy ik the truth. 

1 minute ago, austudnt23 said:

Idc what they ask me they know nothing about what they are saying.

I was responding to DAG. He's famous for mis-quoting people and then disappearing from the thread when he's called out on it.

42 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

I hesitate to post anything in this bizarre thread, but the notion that Harsin isn’t using NIL for recruitment purposes needs to be addressed. 

I cannot speak to what other schools or coaches may be doing with NIL for recruiting purposes, but it is clearly a violation of NCAA rules to tie NIL to recruiting and likely a violation of Alabama State law to do so.  Moreover, employees of Auburn (and Harsin is an employee of Auburn) are clearly prohibited by Auburn to cause or create compensation for student-athletes under NIL.  

Auburn has released official policies for NIL and that is addressed in the link below.  I would also add that, simply put, it is an unjustified and uninformed hit-piece on Harsin to accuse him of not doing more with NIL.  His hands are tied.  

https://auburntigers.com/sports/2021/6/28/spirit-nil.aspx

It feels like some want us to go down and the crowd knods along not knowing. I promise i would never let a personal belief cloud my thinking enough and make me go on a computer and slabder a man. Dont lie to these people ok.

Just now, austudnt23 said:

It feels like some want us to go down and the crowd knods along not knowing. I promise i would never let a personal belief cloud my thinking enough and make me go on a computer and slabder a man. Dont lie to these people ok.

I am a man and i dont do my bodding iver a computer i assure you. I am trying to get our fans to demand what we deserve.

3 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

Who is stupid?

Well let's start here.

8 minutes ago, austudnt23 said:

mikey is very right what Gus left is better than most get. Its a fact. Its prob better than Gus inherited.

I'm not sure a single player on our 2021 offense would start for the 2013 team.

QB Nick is better than Bo. At best a push bc offensive scheme.

RB Mason has been better than Tank. At best they'd split time. CAP is better back up than Hunter right now.

HB Jay Prosch was an NFL HB. Schenker isn't in the same class.

TE. CJ Ozumah has been in the NFL for 6-8 seasons. He's easily the starter and everyone. 

WR. Coates/Melvin Ray/Quan Bray/Marcus Davis.

I could see maybe Kobe getting snaps. No one else is close.

Now the OL. Which us probably the starkest difference. 

There isn't a single player. He'll, there aren't 2 players combined thar can do was GRob did at LT. He brutalized people and alone opened the entire left side of the OL. Trox is even in the same league. 

OC: Reese destroys Brahms. Brahms is an awful player. Reese was 2x All SEC and Remington award winner.

RT. Avert Young is actually a tackle vs Hamm.

Guards. Kozan and Slade. Maybe K. Jones could challenge here, but Slade was an NFL player for 6 years and Kozan was a good college lineman. Jones is decent, Council is bad.

Pretending this 2021 talent is anything similar to 2013 is laughable. 

You should feel bad. 

• Like 4

I disappear from threads but I am here every day and every week lol. The same guy who said we would be Tennessee right now lmao.

Edited by DAG
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Sometimes it hard to not address blatant stupidity even if falls on deaf ears

You are better than me. I don't have time for the clown show from individual posters.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

You are better than me. I don't have time for the clown show from individual posters.

It's an issue I have that I'd like to get better in. Lol

Edited by W.E.D
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Last season every O-line starter missed multiple games because of injuries. That's pretty much unprecedented. This year has been better in that regard. The current staff thought enough of them that they didn't bother to pursue any O-line transfers. They got transfers at WR, RB, QB, D-line and DB. it follows that O-line transfers could have been acquired if the staff felt there was a need.

I think some of you have been brainwashed about the O-line. They aren't that bad. Our RB's for whatever reason, are missing gaping holes and running into the pile instead. Blame for that can hardly be placed on the linemen.

Our O-line troubles will be next year unless some current guys use their covid-year or we hit it lucky in the portal.

I am actually not really hating on the OL> The OL has been pretty decent in Pass pro this year but run blocking is atrocious. I am just pointing out that just because someone has experience doesn't make them a quality player. Gus left this roster in an absolute mess on the OL

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

Loof had fussed and told me the same. I've slowly started to come around. My thing is two adults should be able to disagree and move on.......instead the last few years it's what you don't agree? How could you ATTACK me? We're ENEMIES now! 

Like man chill I just disagreed with one point, I didn't come up with a plan to destroy the world and we are fighting for life and death now

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Loof had fussed and told me the same. I've slowly started to come around. My thing is two adults should be able to disagree and move on.......instead the last few years it's what you don't agree? How could you ATTACK me? We're ENEMIES now! 

Like man chill I just disagreed with one point, I didn't come up with a plan to destroy the world and we are fighting for life and death now

Disagreements could be better . I agree with that. For me, I just can’t waste my time with people who argue a point, then you quote them and show where they are wrong, and then they just double down. I’ve learned to let those individuals go a long time ago. The offensive line argument has been had for about a year now and the same poster doubles down even after multiple people have provided objective , rationale responses. I refuse to waste my time.

With that being said, on this thread, I can understand the frustration of the OP. I can even empathize with him and wanting a change of direction . I am perplexed at making LK one of the highest paid coaches in CFB. I still don’t understand that . 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

Disagreements could be better . I agree with that. For me, I just can’t waste my time with people who argue a point, then you quote them and show where they are wrong, and then they just double down. I’ve learned to let those individuals go a long time ago. The offensive line argument has been had for about a year now and the same poster doubles down even after multiple people have provided objective , rationale responses. I refuse to waste my time.

With that being said, on this thread, I can understand the frustration of the OP. I can even empathize with him and wanting a change of direction . I am perplexed at making LK one of the highest paid coaches in CFB. I still don’t understand that . 

I'm just confused by the super imploding in general. Give the man time to implement his strategies and stuff at least. This isn't the most talented team. Give him a chance.  We were crying while we were winning. Knew this was coming though

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cole256 said:

lets get this straight for once. jesus. it is not that you are wrong it is that you belittled posters if they disagreed with you and trying to make them look stupid. you argued every freaking day. then when someone calls you on your bull you call people rats and make comments like go run to the mods when the mods already knew. you are part of the reason titan came down on folks for being jerks. then when people call you on something you cry and look for your posse to back you up. you have gotten better only because you had to. but the fact is you bring or did bring most of the crap on yourself. so turn ME in and maybe you will get lucky and not get to see my pretty face everyday or maybe never again. but for gods sake quit crying like you are being abused.

Yes, Gus left some talented kids on the roster. It's not Chad Morris Arkansas or Matt Luke Ole Miss. The issue is that he left us devoid of talent and depth in the trenches, and he also didn't balance the roster well at all. No one on here with a straight face can tell me that Trox, Hamm, and Brahms are in the same class as the guys we had 2017 and prior. No one. That's disrespectful to those guys we had. I don't care how highly touted Trox, Brahms, and Hamm are/were.

This year, we lost every receiver that contributed and are breaking in a new group. Next year, it will be o-line where we lose everyone. No talent at EDGE. Poor depth. A lot of guys left because Gus mis-used them or didn't develop them. QB room had poor depth until they brought in Finley to balance it. Just poor balance. That's the unacceptable part of Gus's roster management 

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

I am a man and i dont do my bodding iver a computer i assure you. I am trying to get our fans to demand what we deserve.

Can anyone take you seriously with all this gibberish 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Well let's start here.

RB Mason has been better than Tank. At best they'd split time. CAP is better back up than Hunter right now.

TE. CJ Ozumah has been in the NFL for 6-8 seasons. He's easily the starter and everyone. 

There isn't a single player. He'll, there aren't 2 players combined thar can do was GRob did at LT. He brutalized people and alone opened the entire left side of the OL. Trox is even in the same league. 

OC: Reese destroys Brahms. Brahms is an awful player. Reese was 2x All SEC and Remington award winner.

Guards. Kozan and Slade. Maybe K. Jones could challenge here, but Slade was an NFL player for 6 years and Kozan was a good college lineman. Jones is decent, Council is bad.

You should feel bad. 

First tre isnt better than tank ill give you nick over bo but would harsin have gone with nivk and recruited him. Ill respond to others.

1 hour ago, austudnt23 said:

we gotta face facts.

I do. We have equal talent to Arky, MSU, and Ole Miss and far less than Bama, UGA, and TAMU. 

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

lets get this straight for once. jesus. it is not that you are wrong it is that you belittled posters if they disagreed with you and trying to make them look stupid. you argued every freaking day. then when someone calls you on your bull you call people rats and make comments like go run to the mods when the mods already knew. you are part of the reason titan came down on folks for being jerks. then when people call you on something you cry and look for your posse to back you up. you have gotten better only because you had to. but the fact is you bring or did bring most of the crap on yourself. so turn ME in and maybe you will get lucky and not get to see my pretty face everyday or maybe never again. but for gods sake quit crying like you are being abused.

You are the biggest joke on this board bar none. I have no idea what's wrong with you or why you feel the need to have these sporadic outbursts to me. And why you think you can interject and speak but nobody else is allowed. 

You are an old baby. Now I'm sure you will reply with some nonsense that's not close to being true or accurate and then say something like your neighbor broke their leg and therefore everything is ok with your mood swing.....but for the 100th time. Please stop talking to me because nobody was talking to you

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm just confused by the super imploding in general. Give the man time to implement his strategies and stuff at least. This isn't the most talented team. Give him a chance.  We were crying while we were winning. Knew this was coming though

We cant give him time and not get buried deep in the west thats the issue. 

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Well let's start here.

You should feel bad. 

GRob and Reese  is the correct answer the two players significantly better on the 2013 team. 

Edited by austudnt23

Just now, austudnt23 said:

We cant give him time and not get buried deep in the west thats the issue. 

Well this is when I don't know what people could want because what coach could have come in and win with this talent? Who could make this team into SEC title contenders one year in?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Several former 4* O-line recruits and two of the top three JUCO O-tackles indicate otherwise.

Now you know that those 4* OL were not very good last year, and the eval on them, was that they wouldn't be much better this year.

Gus, as you know had trouble in past years consistently recruiting depth at OL, and had to go the transfer route almost every year for replacements. 

And on the DL, we did not have a strong DL last year, and Truesdall was never going to be top level DT this year. We had to go out and get transfers just to hold the line. 

The most important parts of a strong team are in the trenches and regardless of their rating, the last few years quality starters and/or depth was scarily thin.

And you don't win consistently if you don't have the horses in the trenches. We all know that...

• Thanks 1