SC Post-game thread

TitanTiger

Just now, MustardSeed said:

The first one.  Not the second

Yes Jeff, not J.B.

3 minutes ago, meh130 said:

#FireMason

Not sure about Bobo, because Bobo did not get his chance, because of the garbage SEC officiating.

Are you s***ting me right now? C'mon man this game is on Mason and freaking Bobo and Harsin. 

• Like 1

Don't remember exactly who, but there were at least a couple of posts in the game thread about Tank transferring. I completely understand his frustration, but why would he transfer? 🤷‍♂️

He's RB1 at an SEC school. Talent is undeniable and he go go to the NFL after next year. If he transfers he has to sit a year. What am I missing here?

Bobo got to go go! 💩 And Mason shouldn´t be far behind him! Does anyone believe that practically any high school coach couldn´t run our offense and defense at least as well, if not better, than these high-paid coordinators?

2 minutes ago, smackydoodle said:

Tank gonna transfer. 

Good for him. He deserves to go somewhere good. We aren't that and clearly lack basic competencies 

• Like 1

I was baffled by the fact that every passing play seemed to have the same blitz personel in Finleys face. I don't remember seeing much if any pass protection the whole game. It really amakes it hard to evaluate Finley

8 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Were they also paying our coaches to be a**holes?

Yes

6 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

Please stop complaining about the last overturned call! Nobody on this thread legitimately thought we  were capable of marching down the field 80 yards in two minutes and winning the game

Funny enough this is 100% accurate for me. Amd I’m still mad just cuz I got to be mad at something.

• Thanks 1

It has been such a strange year, with a few really unexpected wins and efforts. BUT, the last 2 losses are 2 of the worst in AU Football History. What I do not understand is why a Coach would go for it on 4th Down deep in his team's side of the field AND then allow such a lower than "low percentage" to be called. Harsin coached the entire game like he was losing from the opening whistle.

I was all for culture change, but I was not ready for this. I guess both Gus and Harsin are laughing tonight.

• Like 1

Just now, W.E.D said:

Good for him. He deserves to go somewhere good. We aren't that and clearly lack basic competencies 

If he does, can't fault him. He's better than what Auburn is giving him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, meh130 said:

#FireMason

Not sure about Bobo, because Bobo did not get his chance, because of the garbage SEC officiating.

The tunnel screens weren’t enough for you?

• Sad 1

So I am just going to say this right now before we all fight each other and get in the I told you so mess...Auburn is in this because Auburn chooses to play it safe. Period. To be successful in this game, you have to have cut throat mofos. Guys who do not give a damn and will do whatever it takes to win. We tend to look down on those guys but at the end of the day, that is what it is going to take to get to the next level. Family men, guys who are buddies with the players, coaches who look cool running stairs sound and look good, but it isn't producing results. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Bobo has to go, but Mason is getting another year (not saying he deserves one). Mason was a hot commodity and nationally regarded as a huge get for Auburn. Hopefully he improves because we can't have another year like this on D.

My argument for Harsin being over his head is he really didn’t fully understand what he was in for. The MWC isn’t the SEC. He talks a lot but the results say different. The previous coach had a slight advantage of already experiencing the grind. Like Tyson says everyone has a plan until u get punched in the mouth. He is finding out the task is easier said than done

Just now, tigerrules said:

There is plenty of accountability for the poor performance this year. 

There were some extremly nice and exciting flickers of team AU at times before the past 3 weeks, but there is a ton of blame to go around as has already been said.

Here to add nuance to the polar opinions which will probably not be received well:

Both can be true:

Bo Nix is Auburn's best quality QB when healthy/Bo Nix should NOT be the best QB option Auburn has to put on the field

Bryan Harsin hasn't impressed at all this year during the 60 minutes between the lines/Bryan Harsin doesn't deserve the "hot seat going into year 2" drivel...he's taken over a 8-5, 9-4. 6-5 team and gone 6-6 in his first year.  Not impressive, but one data point in a trend line that deserves 3.

Bruce Pearl is Auburn Athletics' only hope/Bruce Pearl is Auburn Athletics' only hope