Can’t Whiff on QB Recruiting

tigeraddikt

…and expect to win these games. I appreciate Finley’s efforts, but he ain’t the answer as a backup. He is more of a liability than an asset. I know he tweaked his ankle, but the fact that we had no one else to put in speaks volumes. War Eagle.

Edited by tigeraddikt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• tigeraddikt changed the title to Can’t Whiff on QB Recruiting

Gotta have a Qb that can complete a 5 yard pass.  Made some big throws but more bad throws.  Can’t believe Loy or DD are worse.

• Like 2

Has Davis been told he's not gonna play here? Harsin doesn't seem to want to discuss him when asked. I mean Finley could barely walk and lets be honest he wasn't setting the world on fire before the injury. Can Davis not even get a look?

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

Gotta have a Qb that can complete a 5 yard pass.  Made some big throws but more bad throws.  Can’t believe Loy or DD are worse.

Loy is definitely worse. I saw all I ever needed to see from him at A-Day. DD on the other hand is a head scratcher...

• Love 1

Guest MustardSeed

Finley hurt didn’t lose the game. Sure he didn’t win it either. But throwing a true fresh in that environment for his first ever action?  That might just lose the game without making to OT. Pick sixes end games quickly 

Guest MustardSeed

Also it “appears” our QB recruit coming in may be the real deal. Of course we won’t know until he plays in SEC action but all signs point to him being a really good one

7 minutes ago, MustardSeed said:

Also it “appears” our QB recruit coming in may be the real deal. Of course we won’t know until he plays in SEC action but all signs point to him being a really good one

Aren’t they all…?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, TheDob06 said:

Loy is definitely worse. I saw all I ever needed to see from him at A-Day. DD on the other hand is a head scratcher...

Barrett Trotter looked better than Cam at Aday in 2009.  Aday is garbage.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cbo said:

What an odd take after this game. 

How many teams would beat Bama with an injured 2nd string QB?

most couldnt beat them with a healthy 1st string.  

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, cbo said:

Texas A&M says hi. 

• Haha 6

35 minutes ago, cbo said:

What an odd take after this game. 

Play DD and let him run some read options in the 4th quarter.  Guarantee you Bama didn't prep for that.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m gonna assume that D.Davis won’t play a down for us. No reason not to use him for at least a series. What a huge waste. 

Just hard to believe he didn’t even get a shot after Bo went down.  Finley clearly is not the answer.  I’m sure he’s a good kid and I do admire him for hanging in there when it looked like he was not going to play at all this year but he is not the future.  

Edited by weagl1

4 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I’m gonna assume that D.Davis won’t play a down for us. No reason not to use him for at least a series. What a huge waste. 

Goes back to some of the things said about DD on other forums earlier in the year...wasn't doing the things that needed to be done to earn playing time.  If you're a physically able AU QB and didn't see the field tonight, you should probably transfer at season's end.

Just now, AUDevil said:

Goes back to some of the things said about DD on other forums earlier in the year...wasn't doing the things that needed to be done to earn playing time.  If you're a physically able AU QB and didn't see the field tonight, you should probably transfer at season's end.

I watched a 6'7", 250 lb QB shy away from contact tonight on multiple occassions.  All i need to know about Finley.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I watched a 6'7", 250 lb QB shy away from contact tonight on multiple occassions.  All i need to know about Finley.

I won't cry if they run off both. Finley is meh and DD doesn't seem to fit in the staffs plans. Not saying he's a bad player just probably a bad system fit. No reason for him to waste his time or for us to waste that spot. Bring in Geriner and a transfer. Not sure if Bachmeier will start for Boise again, but he may be a good option if not and if Hars could convince him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MustardSeed said:

Finley hurt didn’t lose the game. Sure he didn’t win it either. But throwing a true fresh in that environment for his first ever action?  That might just lose the game without making to OT. Pick sixes end games quickly 

Finley wasn’t doing anything to help us either. Throwing an interception 1 play after the defense and special teams come up with a big stop? Our offense leaves our defense out to dry too much. No defense respects Finley’s ability, especially when he’s playing on 1 foot

14 minutes ago, au302 said:

I won't cry if they run off both. Finley is meh and DD doesn't seem to fit in the staffs plans. Not saying he's a bad player just probably a bad system fit. No reason for him to waste his time or for us to waste that spot. Bring in Geriner and a transfer. Not sure if Bachmeier will start for Boise again, but he may be a good option if not and if Hars could convince him

You don't want to run off DD.  Trust me.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

saw one particular play.   he could have trucked the 6' 180lb   db that was in front of him for a very short 1st down or first down.