Revisiting Tank’s play in the Iron Bowl

WarEagle1982

I haven’t seen or heard this talked about enough, but I have noticed, on about 3 occasions, in this SEC Championship Game where Alabama receivers have gone out of bounds but, because their forward progress was stopped while inbounds, the clock continued to run.  What’s the difference?

• Facepalm 1

Guest MustardSeed

Same reason they didn’t call holding in the end zone on bama when it was blatant at the time. It would have won us the game and they need more money

2 hours ago, MustardSeed said:

Same reason they didn’t call holding in the end zone on bama when it was blatant at the time. It would have won us the game and they need more money

Want two teams in the playoffs. Maximize profits. 

2 hours ago, WarEagle1982 said:

And just happened again 

I saw it too. Saw UGA defenders drag the Alabama RB out of bounds and the clock kept rolling. Why does it roll for them and not for us? Because it benefited the turds in both circumstances. 

3 hours ago, Auburn Tiger said:

I saw it too. Saw UGA defenders drag the Alabama RB out of bounds and the clock kept rolling. Why does it roll for them and not for us? Because it benefited the turds in both circumstances. 

Clock only stops inside 2 minutes to half and game end when going out of bounds. Otherwise it stops briefly to set ball and then starts back on whistle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1