Deion

bigbird

45 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

You were up late and up early. Lol

Treatments for my son every 2-3 hours for almost 4 months. I haven't slept in a while, I just nap.

• Sad 7

2 minutes ago, bootskii said:

The guy just pulled a 5* from FSU to join him at Jack St.   Dude has skillz

Buddy of mine keeping up with this closer than myself said he has a reported NIL worth over 1 Million. You can send me to any school you want for that kind of money at 18yrs old. Not to mention as long as Deion can win and put a few dudes in the league - his name carries a lot of clout. I find it most funny that he screwed his own school for the guy!

7 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

Buddy of mine keeping up with this closer than myself said he has a reported NIL worth over 1 Million. You can send me to any school you want for that kind of money at 18yrs old. Not to mention as long as Deion can win and put a few dudes in the league - his name carries a lot of clout. I find it most funny that he screwed his own school for the guy!

LOL yah I was thinking the same thing. He just hosed his own Alma Mater and might get a few angry looks if he ever attends any alumni athletic events. I didn't know the kid was getting a million.... WOW!! I would probably do the same thing if I was in his shoes. The funny thing is if Deon ever gets a Power 5 job I am sure that kid will transfer with him.

7 minutes ago, bootskii said:

LOL yah I was thinking the same thing. He just hosed his own Alma Mater and might get a few angry looks if he ever attends any alumni athletic events. I didn't know the kid was getting a million.... WOW!! I would probably do the same thing if I was in his shoes. The funny thing is if Deon ever gets a Power 5 job I am sure that kid will transfer with him.

I have little doubt he committed to the coach more than the school! If the NIL stuff is true then I am sure it didn't hurt.

Wait so t. Hunter is getting 1.5million to go to jsu? My God the nil is funny. Again, we went from talking about all athletes getting a small stipen or payment to just a handful of stars getting butt loads of money which is extra disproportionate at a school like jsu. Idk this seems like a disaster of inequality to me and I'm not even big on the equality talk.

Based on what I've read on the non-Deion thread about this deal; sounds like the noise is mostly just that, noise.  Maybe the kid, top player and DB in the country,  just wanted to play for a hall of fame DB, maybe the best DB ever (in the college game at least; he sure broke our hearts in the '89 bowl game); who's doing something special at a HCBU.   Being coached by the best I am sure he is confident that he will get the development he needs to be successful.  And NIL will come his way assuming he performs no matter where he is.  And worse case, OK, it's not working out and he transfers...I think FSU or Auburn would still want him....fyi, 34% of NFL rosters are non P5 players based on my quick math (1,127/1,696 total players).  

After that performance today v. SC. State, I'm sure the kid wishes he could get some of those hats back and resigned with them...Deion is all 'show' as a coach....there is no way they should have lost today...and he was selected Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year, need to give it to the coach at SC. State and give coach prime the blue coat...

• Dislike 3

22 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

After that performance today v. SC. State, I'm sure the kid wishes he could get some of those hats back and resigned with them...Deion is all 'show' as a coach....there is no way they should have lost today...and he was selected Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year, need to give it to the coach at SC. State and give coach prime the blue coat...

This dumb kid will be transferring in a year.

• Dislike 2

On 12/15/2021 at 7:03 AM, bigbird said:

Many said he couldn't do it. I think he will continue to impress.

Became a huge Deion fan when he was arrested for sneaking on private property to bass fish......knew we were soulmates😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/15/2021 at 3:12 PM, AUcivE09 said:

Yep, I'd lace em up for Faber College for that

20 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Who's the dumb one?  The kid who's now $1.5 mill richer (btw, is this guaranteed, paid up front?) or the idiots shelling out that kind of money to a high schooler?  

On 12/19/2021 at 6:23 PM, Eagle-1 said:

I fail at this often but try being a celebrator vs a hater. That "dumb kid" is probably getting a nice NIL, an opportunity to be coached by one of the greatest DBs in history, AND bringing needed attention to HBCUs.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2021 at 5:23 PM, Eagle-1 said:

Asinine... This "dumb" kid will have the greatest time of his life at an HBCU AND get money while doing it. Good for him. I wish other kids would get to experience an HBCU in their lifetime as a student. And now they get to make money at the same time? Win-Win.

3 hours ago, GTNupe11 said:

Asinine... This "dumb" kid will have the greatest time of his life at an HBCU AND get money while doing it. Good for him. I wish other kids would get to experience an HBCU in their lifetime as a student. And now they get to make money at the same time? Win-Win.

My point is the kid may potentially cost himself money in the long run by playing at a FBS school. Sure, if he's good enough he'll get drafted, but his draft position could be significantly impacted by the level of competition he has.