Portal Players Performance 2021

AUGoo

So, those of you who watch this more closely than I, how did our portal guys do this year?

Leota is the first one comes to mind exceeded my expectations.

Any busts?

Any regrets?

Robertson was one I kept waiting for to become the dominant go to guy, but kept leaving me hoping.

TJ was a hero at Ga St. But otherwise , meh. With our OL I kept giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Unless DreShaun Miller can play next year, he was a pretty big bust.  I'm not sure he ever played.

Jordan Ingram was a freshman so TBD

Bydarious Knigten played a lot, not sure very well. 

TJ meh, but he's a Fr and like Ingram needs to wait and see.

Leota/Harris both played pretty well.

Robertson meh.  I hope he provided a lot of leadership to the young guys.

Kaufman meh.  Had higher hopes for him, but he's still young and I think a Jr next season, so still more time.

33 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Robertson meh.  I hope he provided a lot of leadership to the young guys.

Robertson did not dominate but he was 3rd in receiving yards and only about 50 yards from tying Hudson for first. He was first in touchdowns. The group as a whole disappointed but that may have been as much QB play as anything else. 

3 minutes ago, nurbis said:

Robertson did not dominate but he was 3rd in receiving yards and only about 50 yards from tying Hudson for first. He was first in touchdowns. The group as a whole disappointed but that may have been as much QB play as anything else. 

I'd say his stats are still meh or average.  he wasn't a complete bust and we needed some WR experience.

JMO-

The DL transfer all balled out, Harris the best if the bunch, but Fair and Leota had huge impacts too. Leota looked like a future difference maker at times throughout the season. He's a player.

The secondary guys were hot and cold from my perspective.

IMO, the game was a bit fast for Knighten. 

Ro is a solid and will contribute better as he becomes more comfortable.

Kaufman, The most telling stat for him was that we rarely ever heard his name. He played a lot and was all over the place. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

JMO-

The DL transfer all balled out, Harris the best if the bunch, but Fair and Leota had huge impacts too. Leota looked like a future difference maker at times throughout the season. He's a player.

Kaufman, The most telling stat for him was that we rarely ever heard his name. He played a lot and was all over the place. 

You hearing anything about Miller? He tweeted midseason that he was just patiently waiting for his opportunity but who knows. 

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You hearing anything about Miller? He tweeted midseason that he was just patiently waiting for his opportunity but who knows. 

No, not much of anything

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

No, not much of anything

I'm just going to say that McCreary wouldn't let him on the field and he's our next first rounder. 

And I'm going to tell people that you told me that.

Thanks for the great news!

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

JMO-

Can’t remember if it was the A&M game of the S Carolina game but Kaufman got torched time and time again. The entire second 1/2 looked lost but I believe that’s when Smoke was out too so we were very limited. People wonder why we targeted so many DBs with this class coming in.

1 hour ago, JMassie11 said:

Can’t remember if it was the A&M game of the S Carolina game but Kaufman got torched time and time again. The entire second 1/2 looked lost but I believe that’s when Smoke was out too so we were very limited. People wonder why we targeted so many DBs with this class coming in.

Simpson also got torched plenty this season. Hope he makes a positive shift heading into spring ball and next Fall.

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Did not realize Hall was not for sure coming back next season. With Moultry gone it would be nice to have both Hall and Leota back as experienced players while younger guys like Height and Brooks are entering the rotation more.

• Like 1

Leota showed flashes. Fair plugged the running lanes when called upon. Harris was probably our most consistent guy. Kaufman was a rotation piece and was asked to do a bunch of different things. Robertson I think was what he was at his prior stops. We hoped that he would be more. Ingram is TBD because he was a PWO. Knighten was okay. Him and Puckett kinda flip flopped in terms of depth chart depending on the game. He did pick up a couple on interceptions, including LSU and Iron Bowl. I was the most surprised about Miller, considering he was all-conference prior to joining.

11 hours ago, AUlurker said:

I was the most surprised about Miller, considering he was all-conference prior to joining.

This