Wooten

LPTiger

11 hours ago, LPTiger said:

Thank goodness Chandler opted to come back and play one more year with his brothers.   Not only is he a great player, I hear he is a great teammate and a great father.   I wish we had gone undefeated but seeing men succeed like Chandler is the main reason I love Auburn.   And what a final game he had...

Say what you will about TWill but he brought a lot of special dudes into that room. It's been a strength of the team in terms of talent and character for several years now. McClain, Pappoe, Davis, Williams... and I think Steiner and the rest have us in good shape to continue that tradition. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Say what you will about TWill but he brought a lot of special dudes into that room. It's been a strength of the team in terms of talent and character for several years now. McClain, Pappoe, Davis, Williams... and I think Steiner and the rest have us in good shape to continue that tradition. 

Cam Riley looks like a player.  6'5".   I saw this AM that D Davis is expected to be named D Coordinator at Vigor.   Having former players coaching high school is a recruiting plus.   

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Cam Riley looks like a player.  6'5".   I saw this AM that D Davis is expected to be named D Coordinator at Vigor.   Having former players coaching high school is a recruiting plus.   

I can't wait for Deshaun to be on our sideline. But I didn't even think about the possible recruiting advantage. Especially since you know that dude will do right by his players and they'll know that he'd never steer them our way if it wasn't in their best interests. 

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I can't wait for Deshaun to be on our sideline. But I didn't even think about the possible recruiting advantage. Especially since you know that dude will do right by his players and they'll know that he'd never steer them our way if it wasn't in their best interests. 

I had the pleasure of meeting his parents.   In his case, it is certainly true that the apple didn't fall far from the tree.   

• Love 1

You can't say enough good things about Wooten. 1st the obvious how well he played the game, 2nd and maybe it should be 1st the opting out last year with Covid that took tremendous courage and it was the right choice as he chose family and health over the game he loved. 3rd how his character showed up when Harsin made him Captain after initially thinking he was a slacker until he met him and was impressed by him.  He truly is an Auburn man and I am proud he represented my school with so much class.  I wish him nothing but the best wherever his path leads him. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

I had the pleasure of meeting his parents.   In his case, it is certainly true that the apple didn't fall far from the tree.   

5* rock star blue chip human being and a hell of a hard hitting linebacker. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

There is a lot of people on this forum that don’t agree with where you see our LB group.

14 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

There is a lot of people on this forum that don’t agree with where you see our LB group.

My point was that they are and have been good human beings. I wasn't referring specifically to our talent on the field going forward, especially since TWill's recruits will be cycled out in the next couple years. 

That said, folks are right to be concerned about experience but I find it odd that so many would be assuming a lack of ability at this point. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Count me as not among them. I'm pumped about those dudes.

1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Count me as not among them. I'm pumped about those dudes.

I’m hoping your correct. I know when they came on board we thought it was a great thing.

Are you guys sure Wooten is returning? I know Wooden is, but I haven’t seen it posted from Wooten. (I’ve gotten those two mixed up all year!)  Only the stuff his mom put out about it being his last game.  Anyone have a link?

10 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

If they paid attention to the game, they saw a lot of LBs in the game. 
That experience can only help. And some of those guys made some nice plays. LB is a bright spot. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LPTiger said:

REally? That's great for for Davis. And Great for Auburn

• Like 1

15 hours ago, McLoofus said:

My dream is to (after CBH wins 4 national titles and goes to the NFL, of course) see T-Will become Auburn's HC one day.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Are you guys sure Wooten is returning? I know Wooden is, but I haven’t seen it posted from Wooten. (I’ve gotten those two mixed up all year!)  Only the stuff his mom put out about it being his last game.  Anyone have a link?

The OP is saying that they are glad Wooten decided to come back for '21, not the upcoming year. That may be the confusion. 

• Like 1