Men vs LSU Game Thread

Maverick.AU

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Conversely, we're getting beat off the dribble almost every time it feels like, and some of the leeway they gave us with incredibly grabby defense in the first half of the first half has disappeared. Sucks to have inconsistency in officiating, but they did allow us to get away with a ton early. 

And they aren’t calling them on the other end anymore 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

And they aren’t calling them on the other end anymore 

They've called fouls when Auburn has had penetration multiple times since the lead shrunk. Auburn has had severely less penetration since then. Refs can't call many fouls when you're aimlessly dribbling on the perimeter or poorly dribbling and the ball gets stolen lol 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

They've called fouls when Auburn has had penetration multiple times since the lead shrunk. Auburn has had severely less penetration since then. Refs can't call many fouls when you're aimlessly dribbling on the perimeter or poorly dribbling and the ball gets stolen lol 

There was about an 8 min gap where imo they missed grabby fouls 

2 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

There was about an 8 min gap where imo they missed grabby fouls 

Assuming you're talking about the time where I think you are, I honestly don't think we had a single good possession over the entire stretch. Basketball is about making the ref make a call, and we simply didn't up until the previous 3 minutes or so. 

On a positive note: Jabari Smith is good at basketball!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Assuming you're talking about the time where I think you are, I honestly don't think we had a single good possession over the entire stretch. Basketball is about making the ref make a call, and we simply didn't up until the previous 3 minutes or so. 

On a positive note: Jabari Smith is good at basketball!!!

I don’t disagree about forcing the refs to make calls.  I simply think they missed a few calls in the midst of our hectic possessions 

• Like 1