2023 5-star PF KJ Evans

AUreo

5-star KJ Evans (Baltimore, MD), #1 ranked PF in the nation.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/242790/kwame-evans

Kentucky, Indiana, and Maryland lead but he has noticed Auburn's recent success and follows Jabari Smith:

Edited by AUreo

Five-star junior KJ Evans discusses his options, breaks down game

https://stockrisers.com/s/409/five-star-junior-kj-evans-discusses-his-options-breaks-down-game

By Jake Weingarten

January 2, 2022

The expectations are now extremely high for Baltimore native KJ Evans. Many say he will be the next best star out of Baltimore since Carmelo Anthony and that’s an extreme amount of expectations lofting on the shoulders of Evans. The 6-foot-10 prototypical wing attends Montverde Academy, a program that has continuously been atop the high school ranks virtually every year.

[...]

Which schools are heavily involved in your recruitment?

“Kentucky, Memphis, Indiana, Texas, Oregon, Duke, Syracuse, USC, and Auburn.”

How about a program like Auburn? Has Jabari Smith’s impressive year stood out in recruitment?

“I like Auburn a lot, they talk to me on a consistent basis, and yes, because I can be like that if I keep working and that’s how they want me to be if I go there.”

Anywhere you’re definitely going to visit?

“Indiana, Oregon, and Texas.”

(Has a visit to IU in Feb.)

Edited by AUreo

What Bruce is doing with these top level athletes will get the attention of a bunch of recruits!!!!   Every kid in the country will be “intrigued” by AU.   We have 3 players in the “first round discussion” right now!!!!

• Like 1