Nick Eason expected to take DL job at Clemson

W.E.D

Don't let it get lost that Dabo pays his assistants very well and typically promotes from within. 

If Clemson is home to him and he is good at his craft, he's gonna get paid and might move on up the ladder.

Hate to see him go, but I get it. 

This I hate. I remember someone saying that when BH hired all of these coaches, he asked for a three year commitment? I guess that only applies unless a better job becomes available. Hopefully that was just a rumor. Anyway, we have some massive talent on D-Line, so the next guy should be happy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Don't let it get lost that Dabo pays his assistants very well and typically promotes from within. 

If Clemson is home to him and he is good at his craft, he's gonna get paid and might move on up the ladder.

Hate to see him go, but I get it. 

I’m thinking the raise he’s about to receive is the motivating force behind this move.  I’ll go ahead and guess he’ll be paid over a million to do the same job over there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

This I hate. I remember someone saying that when BH hired all of these coaches, he asked for a three year commitment? I guess that only applies unless a better job becomes available. Hopefully that was just a rumor. Anyway, we have some massive talent on D-Line, so the next guy should be happy

Rumor or not, how you going to stop someone from leaving? Part of the business. Not personal, just business. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Rumor or not, how you going to stop someone from leaving? Part of the business. Not personal, just business. 

I remember it being 2, but yeah....a handshake is nice but this is business. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I'm sure the conversation went a lot deeper than that. Harsin's not stupid. Life happens. 

This is similar to the Muschamp deal. Not only did the South Carolina job just happen to come open in 2015, but like six dudes had to turn them down before they settled for him. Not saying Eason isn't their top choice- the similarity is that possibly the only job that could steal him from us short of some wild DC offer somewhere just happened to come open after one year. I've said it a lot lately, but JABA is 50% sheer bad luck.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, metafour said:

Kenechi Udeze (Assistant DL coach Tennessee Titans) is another possible option. Coached under Mason at Vanderbilt. Was also DL coach at USC for a few years. Young guy and another former NFL player.

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148860ptftcr3xnp6tmcr8k

• Like 2

Hey it sucks we might be losing him but no need to get bent out of shape, we will have options for the DL coach especially with the talent we have and what's coming in I can promise you that. Also Mason will have the say in this coaching hire.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WarEagle2 said:

This is another interesting one. And don't scare people; he's not a "Boise Boy" - this was his first season at Boise and he has no connection to Harsin. He was hired by Andy Avalos but was also named Assistant HC, and Avalos has a good defensive pedigree.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm sure the conversation went a lot deeper than that. Harsin's not stupid. Life happens. 

This is similar to the Muschamp deal. Not only did the South Carolina job just happen to come open in 2015, but like six dudes had to turn them down before they settled for him. Not saying Eason isn't their top choice- the similarity is that possibly the only job that could steal him from us short of some wild DC offer somewhere just happened to come open after one year. I've said it a lot lately, but JABA is 50% sheer bad luck.

That’s what I’m saying. It seems like a weird thing to ask of your coaches. But yeah…there’s definitely a lack of good luck lol

• Like 1

If this happens, it sucks. After the excellent job he was doing for us on the DL in player performance and recruiting, we get 1 year out of him. I'm sure those new recruits feel the same way about it too. We move on but it still sucks.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, metafour said:

Kenechi Udeze (Assistant DL coach Tennessee Titans) is another possible option. Coached under Mason at Vanderbilt. Was also DL coach at USC for a few years. Young guy and another former NFL player.

If we should get this guy, I will miss Eason bc his name was so easy to spell when Typing. :)

• Haha 3

Hate to lose Eason. Hope we can find a good coach that’s an elite recruiter to replace him. No idea who that might be but I bet it will work out…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Reported by who? Poster, Mods, reporters? Could you link it, please.

i do not know how to link it but it was stated on reddit bird.

34 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

That’s what I’m saying. It seems like a weird thing to ask of your coaches. But yeah…there’s definitely a lack of good luck lol

Fair enough. Especially when he bid two of them adieu before the bowl game. 

Kenechi Udeze makes a lot of sense.

Former 1st round pick by the Vikings who had a promising career but came down with Leukemia.

He probably met Mason while with the Vikings (Mason got there before Udeze retired).

He has a pretty awesome story.

Known commodity. NFL experience as a player and a coach. SEC experience as a coach.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

That’s embarrassing. All the talent we have on the DL and Auburn is in a spot where and ACC team can just step in and grab one of our coaches to take a lateral move, like we’re f’ing Samford or something.

You just called the ~3rd best program of the last 10 years and one that fielded arguably the best team ever “an ACC team” lol 

That ACC team is out performing 13/14 SEC teams on the field, in recruiting, and any other facet of football except money my man! 

• Like 1