Nick Eason expected to take DL job at Clemson

W.E.D

i told yall we should have been sending eason little debbie cakes but no one listened to me.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

I hear you, but that says more about schedule than excellence IMO.

They’ve proved their worth in the playoffs 

8 hours ago, W.E.D said:

That's a really disappointing loss

Is it considered bad form to thumbs down OPs topic/post simply because it makes me sad?

EDIT: We have a sad button apparently, what I meant is I very much disliked hearing this news. :lol: 

Edited by Mims44

8 minutes ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

So he can jump ship after 1 season...NO THANKS!

Which is why he said not to hire him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

I wish Kevin Greene didn't pass too early.

Why?  Kevin Greene has never coached a defensive line, and has limited coaching experience to begin with. 

25 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Why?  Kevin Greene has never coached a defensive line, and has limited coaching experience to begin with. 

One word -- pressure.  We haven't been elite in getting pressure in a minute.   Kevin, a former walk-on punter, was elite at getting pressure. If you can pressure the QB, everything else becomes much easier.  If you have done it in the NFL, at the highest level, you can coach it.  He was the best.  He was coached by the best. He played with heart and intensity.  He would have been an elite coach, but he choose family over career.  He also would have been lights out in recruiting.   "Hi, I'm Kevin Green, I wasn't the best athlete.  Not even close.  I had to walk on at this place I love.  But, I worked hard, real hard and I studied and learned how to play the game.   I became a pro-bowler and lead the league in sacks in multiple years.   Son, if we combine your unbelievable athletic ability with my knowledge of the game, with my knowledge of how to prepare, with my techniques --  you too will lead the league in sacks.   Do you know how much money NFL sack leaders can earn?  Come let me show you how to become a pro-bowler and how to create generational wealth."  

• Love 1

35 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

One word -- pressure.  We haven't been elite in getting pressure in a minute.   Kevin, a former walk-on punter, was elite at getting pressure. If you can pressure the QB, everything else becomes much easier.  If you have done it in the NFL, at the highest level, you can coach it.  He was the best.  

Being able to do something has very little correlation to being able to "coach it". By and large, being able to rush the passer is dependent on physical and athletic ability - hence why the NFL looks for big, long, twitchy, fast, mobile, and explosive defenders at the Combine & Pro Days...these players make up the vast majority of "elite pass rushers". Kevin Greene actually fits into this category; as despite very little college playing time he got noticed and made his way into the league by way of supposedly running a 4.53 at a pre-draft workout. He was a workout warrior, not an unathletic bum. 

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1988-10-14-sp-3978-story.html

The Washington Redskins came down to work Greene out. Greene ran a 4.53 40-yard dash. Greene said the scouts literally jumped for joy.

“They were singing this little song, ‘We found him! We found him! We found him!” Greene remembered.

The Redskins may have found him. But the Rams drafted and signed him. The late Charlie Hall, a former Ram scout, had also seen Greene and reported his findings to Coach John Robinson.

Just before the 1985 draft, Robinson tried to telephone Greene. He found him--surprise--in an Auburn weight room.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Zeek said:

It's his alma mater it's not that surprising. I think he's worked with that DC before as well. Yes it stinks but I don't think it's indicative of a problem at Auburn.

Personally I wouldn't want to work for that jack ass Dabo but it's another boost to his resumè and coaching tree.

We need a replacement that's a great recruiter. Eason had made some real headway with the 2023 class. It's important a new hire is made before spring ball (which is more than attainable). Would love to get another NFL guy. That was a huge selling point to some of these DL we have landed.

Just wondering, seriously, why you think Dabo is a jackass?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Hate losing him. We were significantly better with him. Hope Harsin goes to the NFL for this one too. 

Wow we go to the NFL to get a position coach while our HC come from places like the Mountain West Conference and Sunbelt Conference.  Seems a bit off to me.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

If Harsin turns AU into the program that I think he is capable of doing, we better get use to lots of coaching turnover.  Sucessful assistant coaches are always poached by other schools.  I do think that is coming.  

Its a double edged sword.  I remember everyone losing it when Rocker left and he hired Eason.  

Coaches that see success within the program will want to come here.  Harsin has always seemed to have a reputation of being good to work with which also helps.   I think with the schemes Mason and Harsin will run that we will attract excellent coaches and Harsin seems to be good at finding talent in those ranks. 

I’m not worried about it.  Our pet’s heads are not falling off. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Wow we go to the NFL to get a position coach while our HC come from places like the Mountain West Conference and Sunbelt Conference.  Seems a bit off to me.

What's off about that?

10 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Urban Meyer came from the Mountain West and we all see how that turned out for Florida.  

Kirby Smart had never even held a HC position and look at UGA. 

Dabo Swinney was a position coach when he was handed the reigns of Clemson. 

And our Sunbelt conference coach took us to the NC in his first year and still is the most successful coach against Saban in FBS along with Swinney. 

Edited by AEAugirl
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, AEAugirl said:

Urban Meyer came from the Mountain West and we all see how that turned out for Florida.  

Kirby Smart had never even held a HC position and look at UGA. 

Dabo Swinney was a position coach when he was handed the reigns of Clemson. 

And our Sunbelt conference coach took us to the NC in his first year and still is the most successful coach against Saban in FBS along with Swinney. 

Drop the 🎤

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Carnell said:

Surely this isn't serious.

So I've yet to see anything official which means it ain't happened yet, please God no

Sticks head into sand.