QB Race is Set

AUght2win

2 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I’m not saying that Calzada is the next Burrow, but who would have said that Joe Burrow would have had the season he had his senior year after seeing him play as a junior?   

Exactly. And the kid from Oregon could end up to be fantastic, as well. Nobody knows. We will see. Sometimes the lightbulb turns on.  it has been an absolute eternity since we’ve had a quarterback at Auburn with great field vision. That’s what I would like to see. Of course the other argument there is our quarterbacks haven’t had a great deal of time, either! Which is also very true

• Like 2

What is Harsin's philosophy on practice (1's vs 1's ; 2's vs 2's; etc...)?

I will be interested to see the QB pecking order entering practice. Should give insight into CBH & CAD preconceived QB grades. wde

18 hours ago, aubaseball said:

I’m not saying that Calzada is the next Burrow, but who would have said that Joe Burrow would have had the season he had his senior year after seeing him play as a junior?   

Sometimes an alien takes over your body e.g. Kurt Warner.

• Haha 1

Ashford is not the answer. I’m not even sure why we got him other than depth. I hope we still have one more Qb coming. An improvement in the oline will make any of them better. 

I think there are a few out there that could be the answer. I'm just not sure they are giving us much of a look. CBH and CAD are recruiting for 2013 but I'm worried about survival in 2022.

On 1/20/2022 at 1:05 PM, bg5 said:

Ashford is not the answer. I’m not even sure why we got him other than depth. I hope we still have one more Qb coming. An improvement in the oline will make any of them better. 

We won't add another QB in my opinion. We now have 5 QB's on the team; 3 are pro-style pocket passers and the other 2 are dual threat guys. I think this will be what Harsin and Austin Davis roll with for the 2022 season. I've even seen a few people on here that are surprised we even added a 5th QB. I would've loved to have landed Caleb Williams from Oklahoma or Gabriel from UCF but I understand if they saw our O-line for next season and how we don't have an Alpha, stud WR and just said thanks but no thanks.