Pick one player

creed

You have the chance to improve one player overnight. Who is that player and what is the improvement?

Mine would be Cardwell's ball control (hands).

Kessler's 3 point shooting.

If he was able to hit 33% of his 3s it would be over for most teams.

And his shooting might be finally getting up there. He's improved both his 3 point and his FT % of the last couple of weeks.

• Like 1

Chris Moore defense. Just think if he was a stopper and was in the the rotation some!

3 hours ago, creed said:

You have the chance to improve one player overnight. Who is that player and what is the improvement?

Mine would be Cardwell's ball control (hands).

I Agree CArdwell.

He is very active, but if he gets the ball in the middle, even as big as he is, he never looks to use a basket ball move on his man. He always looks to dish it back out. 

He needs to learn better inside offensive play, and he could really put up some good center numbers too. He has good hands and body control.

Flan.  His confidence.  I keep thinking this is the game where he is going to dominate again.  He seems to have lost a little faith in/got down on himself.  It was nice to see a big smile on his face late in the game yesterday.   I'm sure he is frustrated coming back from a senseless injury. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

I Agree CArdwell.

He is very active, but if he gets the ball in the middle, even as big as he is, he never looks to use a basket ball move on his man. He always looks to dish it back out. 

He needs to learn better inside offensive play, and he could really put up some good center numbers too. He has good hands and body control.

I think I lot of his issue on offense is confidence and being comfortable being aggressive offensively. At times he gets the ball and he looks like oh s***, I got the ball lol

Jabari's handles.  Greens 3pt percentage over 40.  Flannigan's confidence.  

Edited by kennypowers
  • Like 1

Kessler’s three pointer was an amazing pick 

I would go with either giving KD Johnson real facilitating ability or giving Zep a good handle. I think either of those make it to where you don’t need Flan just by virtue of him being the only option other than Wendell that has the abilities of breaking his man down, being able to score, and being able to facilitate. Not saying that Flanigan always performs the best in those categories, but he can sufficiently do all three 

First Choice:  Flanigan's confidence and desire to take over.  Is currently the weak link on the starting 5,  Doesn't trust his shot and is turnover prone.

Second Choice:  Jabari's drive to the basket.  Power basketball in the paint.  Not relying on jump shots all the time.

Flan.  I wish he would have a 25 pt game against UA... okay, I wish it was 30.  If he had a monster game, than everyone who faced us going forward would have an impossible task of trying to figure out how to stop our offense.  Our opponent's only hope would be when we rested some of our starting 5, but our bench would make that a small hope. 

KD would be my pick.   He lacks intensity, heart, desire, want to, whatever you want to call it.  He just lacks IT.  If only he wanted IT a little more we might be the number 1 team in the country for the 1st time our history.

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, LPTiger said:

KD would be my pick.   He lacks intensity, heart, desire, want to, whatever you want to call it.  He just lacks IT.  If only he wanted IT a little more we might be the number 1 team in the country for the 1st time our history.

LOL. I know right. Honestly, this kid is the real reason we are #1. He's put this team on his back several times this season. Even in the one loss we have. He single handedly kept us in that game at the end. He will be a fan favorite forever. 

• Like 2

On 1/30/2022 at 8:35 PM, kennypowers said:

Jabari's handles.  Greens 3pt percentage over 40.  Flannigan's confidence.  

Jabari’s handles or his lack of aggressiveness on driving to the basket. He’s only missing that from being able to hand us a natty by himself. 

I also wouldn’t hate to see KD develop real PG skills. If Green is out, we’re down to Flanagan for ball handlers. 

• Like 1

Jabari - aggresssive moves in the paint

Kessler - would wish 20 lbs of muscle on his frame.   If he would come back another year after being locked in the weight room for six months - wow

Flan - enough said already.    Needs to be an asset on offense again

Just flan getting himself back. He's coming off an injury, nobody knows what he feels or even if he's still hurting to an extent. 

This was expected as far as his play though. I'm just really hoping he hits a groove when it's go time!

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Just flan getting himself back. He's coming off an injury, nobody knows what he feels or even if he's still hurting to an extent. 

This was expected as far as his play though. I'm just really hoping he hits a groove when it's go time!

Hopefully it's a good sign that he's getting to the line and hitting his free throws.

• Like 1

Definitely Flan's offensive confidence with the ball in his hand.  The shot will come, but he seems to take about 8-10 minutes to get into the flow of the game.  Not used to that with him and hope he is going to be close to 100% by tournament time.  The good thing is that he is driving to the basket some, hitting his free throws, and defending well.   Honestly, that is enough right now for this team but at some point he may be called on to put this team on his back and would love to see him rise to the occasion. 

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hopefully it's a good sign that he's getting to the line and hitting his free throws.

Yes I think so too. I think right now he's either still a bit hurt or he's going through the scared to go all out because he really really doesn't want another injury any time soon.

• Like 2

Everyone can improve at something, but if Cambridge could improve his 3pt shooting to something near 40% he would be extremely valuable. With his finishing and rebounding getting better, he would transform into a true 3 with better shooting. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yes I think so too. I think right now he's either still a bit hurt or he's going through the scared to go all out because he really really doesn't want another injury any time soon.

Constant planting and moving laterally in basketball... lots of jumping and feet to land awkwardly on... I could see where it's even scarier than football. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Constant planting and moving laterally in basketball... lots of jumping and feet to land awkwardly on... I could see where it's even scarier than football. 

Oh absolutely. And with high profile guys like Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson.....you are going to scared. And flan is right on the cusp so he's going to scared more than most. If he had a high enough profile to not play but still get drafted I bet he'd sit out and make sure he heals correctly

• Like 1