Men vs Florida Game Thread

Maverick.AU

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I’m glad you are laughing  . 0-2 last two road sec games. Nothing to laugh at GT. This team will not beat UT on the road . Playing like the 3-4 best team in the SEC. 

What bothers me are the AMAZING sheit starts.  When you score only three points in the first 5-7 minutes,  over two to three games, you have problems. And a good team will blow this bunch out if this continues.

I have to agree that UT is a loss.  This bunch cant beat a GOOD team on the road.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I really hope some of you don't start the jumping off the edge, we suck stuff. This happens every year bro. I'd think we would be tired of it by now.

First it's the people are angry when you critique the team. Then it's the people hype us to be on a level we aren't on. Then next it's those people are so disappointed that we have some bad games because they hyped the team up so, that now they are devastated and think we suck.

We are a young inexperienced team that's learning a bunch every single game......we are going to be fine.

What kind of basketball idiot are you??? Don't you know we suck? We will be lucky to make the NIT tournament. What team are you watching? 🤣🤣🤣

This forum was much more fun when people didn't think we should win every game by 30 points.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I really hope some of you don't start the jumping off the edge, we suck stuff. This happens every year bro. I'd think we would be tired of it by now.

First it's the people are angry when you critique the team. Then it's the people hype us to be on a level we aren't on. Then next it's those people are so disappointed that we have some bad games because they hyped the team up so, that now they are devastated and think we suck.

We are a young inexperienced team that's learning a bunch every single game......we are going to be fine.

This. Green = Soph. Bari = Freshman. Kessler = Soph. KD = Soph. Flan = Jr. 

That's who we usually have closing games... That's a lot of inexperience to rely on down the stretch in games and they have shown it sometimes and overcame it sometimes. One thing about these losses is that we aren't getting blown out of the water. Probably what makes it more frustrating because we could technically be undefeated if we close out those games better. But, that doesn't happen often and they will continue to gain more experience come March Madness. Like you said Cole, we will be just fine.  

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

38 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Couldn't agree more especially in BB hell we must having something going on when their fans storm the court. How many times has that happen to Auburn. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The worst part of it is they had a great chance to win the game despite a ton of unforced errors.  They haven’t thrown the ball away like that all season.  Then that insanity in the last 7 seconds.  Didn’t get the ball to either of their best two players.  Never even got a shot off to give themselves a chance.  

41 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Cole, I appreciate you saying we're going to be fine given what you know about BB. If we indeed learn, & if we can get past this shooting slump, then we will be fine indeed. The Final 4 team was sucking about this time in their season. We lost an ugly game at home to Ole Miss, then got destroyed by Kentucky at Rupp. And then we didn't lose again until UVa double dribbled. 1 difference is the 2019 team wasn't in contention for the regular season championship.. I, for 1, will just be sick if we don't win the regular season championship this season after leading the whole time. Consequently, today's loss really stings for me.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TigerTennis80 said:

Cole, I appreciate you saying we're going to be fine given what you know about BB. If we indeed learn, & if we can get past this shooting slump, then we will be fine indeed. The Final 4 team was sucking about this time in their season. We lost an ugly game at home to Ole Miss, then got destroyed by Kentucky at Rupp. And then we didn't lose again until UVa double dribbled. 1 difference is the 2019 team wasn't in contention for the regular season championship.. I, for 1, will just be sick if we don't win the regular season championship this season after leading the whole time. Consequently, today's loss really stings for me.

Yes, and I certainly understand where you are coming from. I'm not saying don't be upset. I was more talking to the people that see us losing as soon as the tournament start and think we are a poor basketball team.

Also I think you just did a great job posting how the 2019 team wasn't on fire around this time last year. That brings things into perspective. 

I don't know about the team getting out of a shooting slump and stuff like that. But what I do know without a shadow of doubt is our guards can learn from their mistakes and experience. They can watch film and see how teams are starting to attack us. They are also learning what it's like to be the target or hunted. 

They also can learn hey this isn't all about me, and I need to share the ball. And we as fans can come down to earth as well. It's not all on flannigan. It's not we just need to make free throws, it's not Jabari 's fault.

It's we need to play smart, ESPECIALLY at the end of games and learn how to close. Also we aren't invincible. I made a few posts not too long ago, our main priority should be taking care of the basketball. If we don't turn the ball over, once again especially at the end of games I don't think we will lose. We need our guards to be quality players.

• Like 3

I agree We will be fine, but we can critique the game. There are areas of improvement needed. Nobody is jumping off the wagon, but two straight road loses is concerning. Especially with an SEC reg season title on the line. Gotta clean up the game, better shot selection. Better pass selections, free throws are free money. I love this team, but have to call it like I see it. 

• Like 2

MSU will be HUGE. IF we can win in Starkvegas, we should be able to get first seed with Arky losing today. USCe will not be a walk in the park either but given how we've played at home I still fully expect to win. I'm just assuming we lose to the Vawls.

Edited by AUwent
  • Dislike 1

I fished today. Haven’t watched any of the game. No stats. No idea except score. The last few games were not great. I don’t think they forgot how to play. It’s just a little bad stretch. They still have a chance to win everything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTNupe11 said:

Like you said Cole, we will be just fine. 

No. cole is wrong...not surprising...yet again. Shocker.

This is AU's all-time best team. We have allowed average teams to hang around. And it's very disturbing.

The scouting report on FL was good defense...average offense. We allowed them time after time to spot up for wide open 3's. They missed a ton of wide open ones in the 1st half. They finally started falling. Why? Because we allowed them to get free every time. They should have hit twice as many.

We have a really good defensive team in crunch time and when they want to lock down. Too often, it's too late and we have relied on KD's circus shots in the paint to bail us out late.

Green has made great decisions with the shot clock running down and late in games, but he disappeared this game in those time-crucial situations. No clue why. The entire team minus Jabari had a meltdown this game.

The last possession...the shot was there for Green if he wanted it. He passed on it. It obviously wasn't going to happen down low. Get it to Jabari on the left side and let the hot man take it win or lose. I get why Green didn't launch it because he did v ARK. I don't get the persistence to get it to Kessler under 3 seconds. Get it to the guy who couldn't be stopped.

Edited by Viper
  • Like 2

I fished today. Haven’t watched any of the game. No stats. No idea except score. The last few games were not great. I don’t think they forgot how to play. It’s just a little bad stretch. They still have a chance to win everything. Edit::: just checked statistics. Kessler only got 3 rebounds. Only took 6 shots and didn’t make a free throw. Looks like several players were really off their game. 

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

No. cole is wrong...not surprising...yet again.

This is AU's all-time best team. We have allowed average teams to hang around. And it's very disturbing.

The scouting report on FL was good defense...average offense. We allowed them time after time to spot up for wide open 3's. They missed a ton of wide open ones in the 1st half. They finally started falling. Why? Because we allowed them to get free every time. They should have hit twice as many.

We have a really good defensive team in crunch time and when they want to lock down. Too often, it's too late and we have relied on KD's circus shots in the paint to bail us out late.

Green has made great decisions with the shot clock running down and late in games, but he disappeared this game in those time-crucial situations. No clue why. The entire team minus Jabari had a meltdown this game.

The last possession...the shot was there for Green if he wanted it. He passed on it. It obviously wasn't going to happen down low. Get it to Jabari on the left side and let the hot man take it win or lose. I don't get the persistence to get it to Kessler under 3 seconds.

Lol. Now if I say something back it will be Cole started a fight, when I literally don't even know this guy. But this is what I get. 

It's so beta male, you are threatened because I know basketball.......ok.

I'm always up for a debate though. Show all these times I'm wrong and you're right. That would be interesting.

When we sucked and I'd be on here talking basketball I coincidentally had no problems with hardly anybody

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, alexava said:

I fished today. Haven’t watched any of the game. No stats. No idea except score. The last few games were not great. I don’t think they forgot how to play. It’s just a little bad stretch. They still have a chance to win everything. Edit::: just checked statistics. Kessler only got 3 rebounds. Only took 6 shots and didn’t make a free throw. Looks like several players were really off their game. 

When you shoot a bunch of jump shots, it's inevitable it will happen. You have to then attack the basket and not keep shooting jump shots. 

But I guess maybe some guys will be happy if you say we lost to Florida by one. We suck. The season is over.

• Like 1

cole is never wrong. Because he supposedly played bball at an 8th grade level. And no one else on this forum ever did. Shocker. Clown.

Edited by Viper
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

Lol. Same ol thing you do on the football forum. Who would've guessed?

Insecure on a forum.....

😂

Edited by cole256

There were at least 17 potential rebounds out there that we never saw because we threw the ball away before we shot. Can’t get a rebound if you never shoot. Look here for your answers.

Some of us were unanimous bball all-stars every single season. So many trophies, awards and plaques, I had to build a new office. You instead were a pretender, a clown. That's why you're a pick-up queen who thinks it's awesome when you hit a 5-footer over a 5' 8" 42-year old bald guy.

Edited by Viper
  • Dislike 1

Lol. You wanted to say that so bad, you started an argument with yourself to pat you on the back about something nobody believes anyway.

If some people think I know basketball it's because I actually wrote about stuff and then it actually happened. Nobody cares that you were an "all star" in church league. If you post stuff that makes sense then people will see that......You see I've never said that you didn't know anything. I've never said anything about you because I don't care about you.

If you write good stuff I will say that's good stuff. I don't think I've said that to you, but I definitely haven't ever disrespected you. But you have animosity towards me because other people have asked my opinion and not yours......the fact that upset you is absolutely hilarious.

But I'm still waiting go ahead and show all these posts you have of me being wrong all the time. If you can't do that, I'm not interested in arguing with you. You have already gone to you are never wrong your very first post. I guess you're calling for help. I'm sure proud tiger will come and like a post or something like that 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

^^^ Cole what did you do to Viper ?? Lol

@Grumps asked me my opinion and not him lol. I haven't ever talked to this guy before. Whenever grumps ask me anything it seems it make some people mad. Another time he asked me something and they face palmed and disliked his post. 😂.

Dude is calling me names and everything. But notice people have jumped on me because they say they feel like I do stuff but when people actually do it to me......it's no problems at all 😂

What's even more funny is he said I was wrong then wrote some stuff that I said 😂

Lmao. Plenty of us played BB on this forum, I'm sure of it. Anyone with two eyes can see what we need to work on and what we excel at. I think we have talked about those things ad nauseum. To go on a rant though is a little premature.